Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Myrmidons take control of The Stronghold

I've played this game for quite some time and I still don't understand why everyone throws insults around over Utopia. It's alright to be competitive, but not really cool to put others down that way. We tend to forget that we're dealing with real people. The fact that a "Ghetto" got into the top 20 should be commended. If you doubt their skills, test them. They might learn something. (I've never been a fan of calling kingdoms ghettos, by the way... every kingdom has to start somewhere).

Post Demon
    Cheers awschul

Honestly? I think it's extremely dishonourable to break a CF for said reasons. Whether it was talked about or not, hitting someone while they're down is a dishonourable act.
    If that's how you play, that's great. I personally just have a lack of respect for dishonourable people.

Regular
    They hit the button. They didnt have to but they did. End of Story.

Post Fiend
    Any kingdom that accepts CF merely to break the CF to get a refresh on hostilities are cowards and deserve no respect whatsoever. I will forever remember you guys as too weak to hold a real hostile.

Also, either war or get hit untill we reach the size of bio to war them.... If powerplaying is how you approach those kds ddodge, you even degrated in my personal oppinion even further... I do want to find out how you react if it happens to you....

Regular
    XVinniex, you should seriously learn how to get a life bro.

Post Demon
    Im gonna power play ur nutz vinnie hahaha

WTF.... i didn't know carebares had taken over Utopia, So a CF was accepted and broken AFTER they was advised no CF would be accepted.
    Am I the only one who see's that Stronghold should of talked and convinced Myromidions for a CF instead of assuming one would be accepted and they would move on without a word?

Stronghold could not of started the war so soon and made Myromidions pay for it, they had the choice and they made a bad choice.

Oh xVinniex, WTF do you expect? Do you tell people you are going to wave them before you do? Send friendy little messages before you attack?
    When a KD waves you then you have a damn good idea what it's for, being 'formal' and putting it in words isn't 'powerplaying'. Demanding 2-3 days of free farming else they'll be razed to the ground is more of a powerplay way and from experiance I can tell you that you just take the hits and aim to make yourself pumped from it if you dont want to fight.
    OOW then most kds move on after a couple waves, to many hits and GBP starts annoying people... Or did your ickle mind forget that?

Seriously people, if your soooo upset about a CF being broken then you need to grow up, Stronghold was told before any CF was offered that non would be accepted. Instead of communicating back, they send the CF option and expect others to accept it and move on? Thats damn right rude! If someone takes the time to messege you then you take the time to respond in the correct manor.

@Ramza
    So any kd that isn't ready for war should expect other kds to ignore them? When someone is "down" from being hit then it usually means they have a pumped army (as well as other things pumped), when someone is fat after a war then it sounds like they won the war... and when someone just won something then it isn't exactly "hitting someone while they're down".

Ghettos get farmed after wars pretty much all the time, if you come out of war fat and little offence then your asking to be fed upon. That isn't hitting someone while they're down, thats "finding a good target" and nothing more.

What makes me laugh is how the CF was accepted and broken immediatly, of course that must of been some dark sinister plot to take over the world and not a simlple mistake? Both kds are doing well in the honour charts and the report confirms that both kds appear to have activity, think one or two hours of no ops would make all the difference? Think about it instead of acting like mindless sheep jumping on the bandwagon, Myromidians kept attacking and quckly gave Stronghold the options of opps again, those couple/few hours made the whole difference?
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

Regular
    lol so many angry trolls in here .

Also stronghold was as ready for war as we were. They declared 15 hours after our the wave. Looking at their provinces coming into war they were as ready as we were.

I find it very comical they declare to get destroyed at min time then get all bitter and upset about the war loss and act like we forced them into pushing the button. We hit you guys for less than 6 hours before you decided to start opping and preparing for war.

Atleast you admitted your faults in the war forum, goo luck with the rest of the age.

pretty lame Myrmidons, kinda expected from a wannabe KD who seeks to take advantage of a given situation and exploit of the system.
    why is it an exploit , simple , they waved with plunders , mass or learns etc , accept the cf which made relations neutral again and waved again , it would be good for developers to do something about this like having a min time for a cf to be cancelled .

Given the situation , it would have been advisable not to war Myrmidons , but its natural to think that Myrmidons would continue waving rather than accepting 2nd cf plus they broken the first cf due to some lame reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tufkuki View Post
    pretty lame Myrmidons, kinda expected from a wannabe KD who seeks to take advantage of a given situation and exploit of the system.
    why is it an exploit , simple , they waved with plunders , mass or learns etc , accept the cf which made relations neutral again and waved again , it would be good for developers to do something about this like having a min time for a cf to be cancelled .

Given the situation , it would have been advisable not to war Myrmidons , but its natural to think that Myrmidons would continue waving rather than accepting 2nd cf plus they broken the first cf due to some lame reasons.
    1 post from tufkuki...
    Newbie...

You aint one of Stronghold comming on here to flame Myrmidions are you? Strange how this is the 1st thing you post on...
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Midoki View Post
    1 post from tufkuki...
    Newbie...

You aint one of Stronghold comming on here to flame Myrmidions are you? Strange how this is the 1st thing you post on...
    lol i wouldn't be surprised if most of these negative posts are from Stronghold, especially after the way they acted in the war forums.

"Hits continued and messages were exchanged in game. A CF from The Stronghold was accepted and then immediately broken by Myrmidons. Myrmidons state the reason for breaking the CF was that Stronghold kingdom members had changed monarchy allowing them to break Stronghold's original monarch. After their wave of plunders, learns, and max gains was complete, Myrmidons approached The Stronghold for another CF. Not trusting Myrmidons on their word, they decided to war instead.

Having plundered lots of gold already, Myrmidons sent their Ruby Dragon to the Stronghold as soon as war was declared."

lmao what a bunch of crap, i love how this article goes up without our monarch even knowing and stronghold attempts to play off their humiliating loss like we got lucky and we took advantage of them. i wouldn't expect anything less from you guys, especially after the way you acted in the war forums.

basically we waved you, you started crying and asked for a CF, we said no and planned to move on after 2-3 more hours of hits. you sent a dangling CF even though we told you we weren't going to accept it while you kept oping us so we reset relations, hit you 3-4 times more and then you decided you could win the war and pushed the button. you guys played it very badly and paid the price, stop pointing fingers and making up imaginary scenarios, blame your poor leadership.
    Last edited by nive; 12-12-2011 at 17:57.

There are three excellent ways you can deal with a CF offer. Ignore, accept and reject.
    Accept and then cancel is fine.
    Few hits and then accept, okay in my book.
    Accepting, canceling and then continue to hit is a lill shady imo. I rank it comparable with amnesia runs in a losing war.

In the op scenario rejection seemed to be the appropriate thing to do.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    There are three excellent ways you can deal with a CF offer. Ignore, accept and reject.
    Accept and then cancel is fine.
    Few hits and then accept, okay in my book.
    Accepting, canceling and then continue to hit is a lill shady imo. I rank it comparable with amnesia runs in a losing war.

In the op scenario rejection seemed to be the appropriate thing to do.
    i think it's debatable, i can list many things that are comparable that i am sure you have done in the past. i know fake wars are finally against the rules now but i am sure you abused that system in the past. it's one thing to take advantage of a flaw in the game, but it is another to take advantage of another kingdom's stupidity. they keep making excuses for their war loss and pretend like we took advantage of them but trust me it was an equal fight. there's a reason that they decided to push the button and declare after 1 wave by us, they thought they could win. what ended up happening was them getting outmatched and withdrawing at min time and they already admitted it to us that they were upset, bitter and acted like children after the loss.

the problem i have with this article is that none of the leaders in myrmidons was consulted at all before it went up and stronghold just pushed it in with a bunch of BS. anyway i am done beating this dead horse, i could careless if people want to believe a biased war article that we basically had no say in.
    Last edited by nive; 12-12-2011 at 18:10.

Thread Information