Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Myrmidons take control of The Stronghold

@Nive Then please let me ask you this. Maybe it was answered before but this Katje is getting old so forgive me. Why the need to accept and then cancel the cf then? Couldnt you all just have rejected it straight away or not even do anything with it?
    Last edited by Katje; 12-12-2011 at 18:47. Reason: Can't type
    When was it you started thinking you were better than me?
    Katje

Hi Katje!

btw, am I the only one seeing the LOCATION in the article???

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    @Nive Then please let me ask you this. Maybe it was answered before but this Katje is getting old so forgive me. Why the need to accept and then cancel the cf then? Couldnt you all just have rejected it straight away or not even do anything with it?
    Dodge already answered that and I was at work when it happened so I am not the person you should be talking to about it since I wasn't even there.

All I know is that this claim by Stronghold that we forced them into a war that they weren't prepared for is just ridiculous. They are a very emotional kingdom and they wanted to war us after 1 wave. They also pushed in this very biased and poorly written war article. None of the leaders in our kingdom who knew specifics of what happened were contacted.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosta View Post
    I am sorry to hear about the crap your kingdom had to go through.
    But then you should also know that what comes around goes around.
    Karma can be an unsavory woman

I like you a little bit better but I still don't know why this silly article is up. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    Agreement or not, if you accept a CF offer ingame you basically ARE in agreement. What you did was low and lame; you reset relations allowing yourself to break their monarch as his DME would no longer benefit a 10% bonus and you removed ops on yourself for a period of time. You can't go ahead and say "No, we dont want a CF" and then accept it ingame for the above reasons. You should have declined the CF offer.

And the worst part is that you come here on these forums COMPLAINING that it is included in the article!? We'll see what you say if a kingdom deals with a CF offer from you the same way in the future.
    I never have and never will send a cf without talking to the monarch and agreeing on it with him.

Im not complaining that it was included, but that there are QUOTES and statements from myrmidons "leadership", when we were never contacted.

"Deathly, Council-member of Myrmidons, commented:
    "We were aware of their previous success in ages past on the honor charts and that they would be a tough opponent. All of us had fun and enjoyed."

So this was never said?
    If that is the case then you should talk to someone in charge of the news people. Don't you all have someone in your kd that is part of the news team?
    Katje

Do people know what happened or just what they read here?

For all the people who have made up there mind that we are cowards then I've really got to agree with Mr T... I pity those fools. Simle facts are that the write up is inaccurate and from the very start our KD has been saying that the CF issue isn't correct. Yes we accepted and then broke it, yes we had some luck on it... you lot aint got a clue about what was happening. They had the option of doing opps again in less than a couple hours and during that time SH wasn't at there peak for activity. We didn't save ourselves from opps, we didn't let the relations stay in the 'safe' zone long enough to even worth thinking about.

But of course a bunch of faceless ppl who have only read what has been shoved in there faces know the truth right? At least it has been confirmed from both sides tho that Myrms stick to there word, when they say that there intentions are to do X or Y then they are intending to do X or Y. When we make communication then we honour what has been said between the two monarchs. I dont really care if you lot think thats good or bad, I know the monarchs of the other kds we've faught have all been respectful and we have good relations with them ever since. Thats people who actually know us rather than idiots getting manipulated on forums, well done you bunch of Einsteins ^.^
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

One question for the Monarch DDodge. And One question on relations to anyone who knows (This is my first full age in Utopia in 4+years).

1.DDodge, how long did you accept the CF before you cancelled it? (Dodge, you've always been straight with me, answered alot of my questions this age on here and Utopia. Also I've followed all your posts in supporting the new anti-cheat measures in place, so I trust your word and sense of fair play.)

2. Relations, Can you cancel a CF anytime you want or was the monarchy-switch a factor in letting the Myrmidians Monarch cancel the CF?
    Last edited by RomPat; 12-12-2011 at 19:38. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    "Deathly, Council-member of Myrmidons, commented:
    "We were aware of their previous success in ages past on the honor charts and that they would be a tough opponent. All of us had fun and enjoyed."

So this was never said?
    If that is the case then you should talk to someone in charge of the news people. Don't you all have someone in your kd that is part of the news team?
    To be perfectly honest, we don't know why Deatly said anything... we can't get intouch, his Facebook has been deleted and so has his Utopia account (so it's not just utopia). We are actually genually concerned as that isn't his nature, we can speculate as to why those issues have happened but that would only spread rumors etc, the truth is we don't know why Deathly said that and we are upset that our monarch wasn't asked... why ask some random person in the KD instead of monarch?

Oh and your a lier!!
    "but this Katje is getting old so forgive me."
    I see your pic, your still just a kitten =P
    hehe
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

First pecular thing:
    News Correspondent
    "not fully correct, im sure our monarch can fully explain(with a slight giggle on circumstances at the time)"

Hmm. So here a news correspondent states that he is playing in Myrmodins and is the first poster, 20 minutes after article is up.

Article has been posted up around 19:31. The first 3 posters within 1-2 hrs all being from Myrmodins. Actually I hardly see any Stronghold players around nor are they whining around here.

Next peculiar thing:
    10-12-2011 21:03 #4
    Please contact us next time. Those quotes did not come from us, those statements did not come from us.
    Last edited by DDodge; Today at 18:28.

Followed by a deleted post at 10-12-2011 22:07

Hmm. I wonder DDodge, if you were in such disagreement with the article then why not state it immediately that you were not contacted. Instead of waiting 18 hrs after the general consensus of Myrmodins move are shady at best. The Myrmodins seemed to enjoy themselves rather before when this post was first up.

Oh and then ofcourse the fact that your council member Deathly commented while all of you suddenly claim never to be contacted. I don't know but I would've been pissed off straight away. Not when people start noticing it.

Summary:
    Article gets posted. Myrmodin news correspondent is first to post. Myrmidons don't seem to massively complaining and rejoice their victory. Only 2 Stronghold members pop-up and hardly say anything. People fall over the facts in the news forum. Monarch changes initial posts and deletes one.

If there was nothing fishy here I am pretty sure you could've had it all corrected through brickwolfman and it would've been stated it before.
    Besides, why would a losing kingdom want to report their war loss? Especially after they lost after an impulsive ram on the button. I don't think Stronghold is having the shining moment of their career here either.

@Midoki I wish.lol About the news articles I always thought they were to talk to leadership(monarch or co monarch)first. If they couldnt reach them they said no comment or or something to that effect. I guess I dont pay attention as well as I thought I did.
    Last edited by Katje; 12-12-2011 at 19:55.
    Katje

Quote Originally Posted by Midoki View Post
    If you read it then you would also know it aint the issue of being called ghetto but the lies about the CF situation, if someone lied about you then would you not at least like to try and clear the issue?

Obviously there is more here than what has been printed in the media, try thinking for yourselves instead of doing the mindless thing and jump on the bandwagon consisting of the loud and stupid.
    the truth is we don't know why Deathly said that and we are upset that our monarch wasn't asked... why ask some random person in the KD instead of monarch?
    Well isn't this ironic. Myrmidons and those supporting them are claiming that some of the details of the war are lies. Regardless of whether or not they're true, that's what you get for lying about the "supposed" chain on you in your first war, posting your BS sob story on the forums, and lying to Realest about the OOW hit. Karma's a b**tch, ain't it?

Oh xVinniex, WTF do you expect? Do you tell people you are going to wave them before you do? Send friendy little messages before you attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    We've been burned by getting the silent treatment for 48 hours after we waved a KD and had moved on to another hostile and then they declared.
    Ironic.

My post will probably get lost here if such talking continues another 5 pages. But well..

When Chuck came to ask information for the war article, I actually told him that I don't want this war to be covered. But since I've seen a lot of wars in utonews where one monarch hadn't commented anything, then I assumed that he will post it anyway, so I gave our paper and commented a little bit about the war itself too. The only thing I actually said that can be found in the war article, is that I didnt trust your 2nd CF offer. Other things, like our max gaining, trying to chain your monarch, NS - these are just facts, nothing wrong with them. Also, we didn't push to get this article up. Why would we want to push a war article when we lost?

I don't know who it was who reported our war, or who gave your paper. All I can say is that SH didnt report it. If someone says that SH is at fault for the untrue facts, look somewhere else, we had nothing to do with it. Although I can say that the article is missing a lot of things, and clearly doesn't give the right overview. And so far I've seen only one name here from our KD, majordisaster, on first page.

Finally, a lot of KDs in uto wave fat KDs hoping to get acres there (I know, some here will now tell that we both were even, let it be, I dont want to talk about that), and basically forcing to eat the wave, retalwar, run to fw or war them. This time I chose to war you. I'm not saying that it was a good decision, but looking at the war summary (and knowing more about wd - the article clearly doesnt state why we actually did wd) you cant say that we didnt stand a chance.

In the end, peace. Soon this war will be forgotten in community anyway, and I'm sure we can have a rematch some day.

Post Demon
    @rompat

1. About 3 seconds

2. No factor, just trying to make the point clear that we were a hostile bunch of crazed utopia players at the time...

Another sweet fun fact is that I had spoken to damien about all of it, we were on the same page about everything. He needed some sleep and after we ended discussions and he signed off, they swapped monarchy to someone else and sent a cf. I actually did it more to make a point than anything. In the future I will simply decline, as there was no strategy behind it. The fact that one of our provinces would have bounced if I didn't reset was dumb luck I didn't even know he was attacking at the time.

Im surprised at the amount of out rage at the cancel. I was of the opinion that you shouldn't send a cf unless you have an agreement. Im still new and learning things as we go!

Post Demon
    First pecular thing:
    News Correspondent
    "not fully correct, im sure our monarch can fully explain(with a slight giggle on circumstances at the time)"

Hmm. So here a news correspondent states that he is playing in Myrmodins and is the first poster, 20 minutes after article is up.

Article has been posted up around 19:31. The first 3 posters within 1-2 hrs all being from Myrmodins. Actually I hardly see any Stronghold players around nor are they whining around here.

Next peculiar thing:
    Please contact us next time. Those quotes did not come from us, those statements did not come from us.

Hmm. I wonder DDodge, if you were in such disagreement with the article then why not state it immediately that you were not contacted. Instead of waiting 18 hrs after the general consensus of Myrmodins move are shady at best. The Myrmodins seemed to enjoy themselves rather before when this post was first up.

Oh and then ofcourse the fact that your council member Deathly commented while all of you suddenly claim never to be contacted. I don't know but I would've been pissed off straight away. Not when people start noticing it.

Summary:
    Article gets posted. Myrmodin news correspondent is first to post. Myrmidons don't seem to massively complaining and rejoice their victory. Only 2 Stronghold members pop-up and hardly say anything. People fall over the facts in the news forum. Monarch changes initial posts and deletes one.

If there was nothing fishy here I am pretty sure you could've had it all corrected through brickwolfman and it would've been stated it before.
    Besides, why would a losing kingdom want to report their war loss? Especially after they lost after an impulsive ram on the button. I don't think Stronghold is having the shining moment of their career here either.
    U really don't know the situation my man, and now it seems like u are arguing just for the sake of an argument, not to understand anything. I asked chuck to edit out our "quotes", I asked mad scottish to take it down or edit so that it says we weren't contacted. They both said no.

Its not the end of the world. Weve had a fun age, the war was fun. Dunno what motivates everyone else to play this game but that's my priority! Shame this article went up (especially since damien didn't even want it to and neither did we, odd...) And all this flame-fest ensued, but we'll live and have a blast together as per usual.

Regular

Cool

First pecular thing:
    News Correspondent

Next peculiar thing:

Summary:

nice essay, you are not making too much sense now. If you actually knew what happened Dodge made a post right after this article came up expressing his concern wit the fact that none of leaders had any say in this useless biased article.
    Last edited by nive; 12-12-2011 at 20:58.

Thread Information