Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Myrmidons take control of The Stronghold

It's not like War or be farmed were the only options! They could have been all like we aint letting you push us around. No war but we will retal the crap outta you. Then just keep hitting back but not giving the button. Hopefully they see it is pointless and tuck tail and run.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddybearSTHLM View Post
    Hi Katje!

btw, am I the only one seeing the LOCATION in the article???
    In bold no less! :P

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    I never have and never will send a cf without talking to the monarch and agreeing on it with him.

Im not complaining that it was included, but that there are QUOTES and statements from myrmidons "leadership", when we were never contacted.
    Again; you have 3 options when you receive a CF offer which are 'valid' and 'fair'.
    1) Accept it, move on.
    2) Decline it, fight.
    3) Ignore it, fight/move on.

What you did was lame and I'd like to see your reaction when this backfires and happens to you also in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Midoki View Post
    Do people know what happened or just what they read here?

For all the people who have made up there mind that we are cowards then I've really got to agree with Mr T... I pity those fools. Simle facts are that the write up is inaccurate and from the very start our KD has been saying that the CF issue isn't correct. Yes we accepted and then broke it, yes we had some luck on it... you lot aint got a clue about what was happening. They had the option of doing opps again in less than a couple hours and during that time SH wasn't at there peak for activity. We didn't save ourselves from opps, we didn't let the relations stay in the 'safe' zone long enough to even worth thinking about.

But of course a bunch of faceless ppl who have only read what has been shoved in there faces know the truth right? At least it has been confirmed from both sides tho that Myrms stick to there word, when they say that there intentions are to do X or Y then they are intending to do X or Y. When we make communication then we honour what has been said between the two monarchs. I dont really care if you lot think thats good or bad, I know the monarchs of the other kds we've faught have all been respectful and we have good relations with them ever since. Thats people who actually know us rather than idiots getting manipulated on forums, well done you bunch of Einsteins ^.^
    Thats not luck, thats a violation of a cease fire. They offered you one despite not having negotiated it with you. Does that mean a cease fire isn't valid?? No. CFs are so often sent and accepted without being negotiated; not everything needs political bull**** to be solved. You violated that cease fire.

They should implement a feature which doesn't allow one to break a CF straight after it happened, that way 'lamers' cant abuse it.

They must have posted the location in bold so the angry people know who to attack

My question is why 'validity' or 'fairness' matters. "All's fair in love and war", right?

Post Demon
    I would certainly support a change to the cf, where you can't accept and break.

Since that isn't currently the case I will just say my view differs from yours prot. If a cf is sent without negotiating it I wouldn't at all be surprised if they reset relations. Always agree to it with the monarch beforehand. I understand you have different views on the matter.

If a suggestion were made to change the feature, like I said I would support the change

Go ahead, prot. Attack him. You know where he is.

nice war..

btw.. Dont post KD locs.. >

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    @rompat

1. About 3 seconds

2. No factor, just trying to make the point clear that we were a hostile bunch of crazed utopia players at the time...

Another sweet fun fact is that I had spoken to damien about all of it, we were on the same page about everything. He needed some sleep and after we ended discussions and he signed off, they swapped monarchy to someone else and sent a cf. I actually did it more to make a point than anything. In the future I will simply decline, as there was no strategy behind it. The fact that one of our provinces would have bounced if I didn't reset was dumb luck I didn't even know he was attacking at the time.

Im surprised at the amount of out rage at the cancel. I was of the opinion that you shouldn't send a cf unless you have an agreement. Im still new and learning things as we go!
    Lol, 3 seconds. So I guess it wasn't much of a surprise.

Why did Stronghold switch Monarchs mid hostile/failed negotiations?

My guess is this. SH has a monarch and co monarch. one has the other half of the votes so if something happens while the currant monarch isnt online the co monarch can deal with it. With one vote change he has the monarchy and can speak and act while the other isnt there.
    When was it you started thinking you were better than me?
    Katje

no matter what its lame to accept and then break CF to reset relations and then give an excuse like ooo we are teaching noobs to negotiate before offering CF like that. just cause its been done to you doesnt make it right. ppl waving into hostile just because they know they will get a free wave. is that right for kingdoms to do it? no. but it happens and its just as lame.
    Icy 4 8

Quote Originally Posted by Hyth79 View Post
    Well isn't this ironic. Myrmidons and those supporting them are claiming that some of the details of the war are lies. Regardless of whether or not they're true, that's what you get for lying about the "supposed" chain on you in your first war, posting your BS sob story on the forums, and lying to Realest about the OOW hit. Karma's a b**tch, ain't it?
    Ironic.
    Who moaned to realest about a supposed chain? Please link me moaning about that, in my 1st war I wasn't hit untill the last few hours... The opposition kd (the only one to beat us in war) let me grow and constant plague hurt ^.^
    I can't recall moaning about that, I doubled my size in our 1st war.

As for the ironic, what that our monarch attempts to open a channel of communication? Same as always, intentions was sent and that time we faced a better kd than SH.

Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    Again; you have 3 options when you receive a CF offer which are 'valid' and 'fair'.
    1) Accept it, move on.
    2) Decline it, fight.
    3) Ignore it, fight/move on.
    Wrong, the 3 choices are;
    1. Accept
    2. Decline
    3. Ignore

Anything you put afterwards are just your moral opinions and not a direct result.

What you did was lame and I'd like to see your reaction when this backfires and happens to you also in the future.
    And I think ppl reading to much into media stories are equally lame ^.^

Thats not luck, thats a violation of a cease fire. They offered you one despite not having negotiated it with you. Does that mean a cease fire isn't valid?? No. CFs are so often sent and accepted without being negotiated; not everything needs political bull**** to be solved. You violated that cease fire.
    We violated nothing, we was honest with our stance and we stuck to it, they gave us a preasant... thats all. When people start making assumptions then they can start making errors, stop living by assumptions and you'll get fewer nasty suprises.

They should implement a feature which doesn't allow one to break a CF straight after it happened, that way 'lamers' cant abuse it.
    Well make the sug instead of whining about it, there is a sug forum for these kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    no matter what its lame to accept and then break CF to reset relations and then give an excuse like ooo we are teaching noobs to negotiate before offering CF like that. just cause its been done to you doesnt make it right. ppl waving into hostile just because they know they will get a free wave. is that right for kingdoms to do it? no. but it happens and its just as lame.
    DDodge did say;
    "Im surprised at the amount of out rage at the cancel. I was of the opinion that you shouldn't send a cf unless you have an agreement. Im still new and learning things as we go!"

Personally I dont think it's lame to use any mechanism in the game, the CF mechanism is to help with poitical relations and if some kds don't use the tool correctly then there is no harm in them getting burnt, TBH i doubt DDodge will do that again BUT I don't have a moral objection to doing such actions. If people have difficulty with that then there is the sug forum to sug a change on how CF can work and/or they can take up arms and use there own might to enforce there own personal justice, our own moral judgment has equally as much right as yours do to you, I doubt anyone would enjoy having other peoples opinion on morals forced upon them.
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

it's a clear loss for us SH.,
    b4 the war started it was pretty clear what will be the result, since we got one province under vacation ^_~,
    but the king of mymydrones or what ever., from 2.8k down to 900 acres., ohh actually hes at 1.8k acres now., wahahahhahahha.,

about the whining thing, is not called whining., its called asking why you broke the cf ?
    thats the main issue., it's called back stab., you gained 4k acres during the first hostile and all we did is sit and sent the CF., you accepted and break it,
    normally we would take the war rather than sending another CF and you will just accept it and break it., cause u are suck one of a silly backstabber.,

your the first one to whine about getting waved by another KD., well in fact i got some ops from that kd you said you had a problem with.,
    does that make any sense? or pure coincidence?

"Well, we got waved pretty hard by another kd before that and we wanted to wait for a coordinated strike back on them, but they entered a war... All the build up angst had to be released somewhere.. And you came along. "

Wow.. I like how the only people that think accepting/breaking a Ceasefire to carry out a second hostile wave is acceptable are the ones that did it..
    For the record, I'm not in Stronghold. We have a fairly large back-dating of wars with SH in the past ages, so although I have respect for them, they are still enemies.

Wrong, the 3 choices are;
    1. Accept
    2. Decline
    3. Ignore
    ^ So where is "4. Accept & Break"?

I'm not really surprised how people are so oblivious to what they do, and only see it in others. We call it Psychology.

Personally I dont think it's lame to use any mechanism in the game, the CF mechanism is to help with poitical relations and if some kds don't use the tool correctly then there is no harm in them getting burnt
    What?! xDDDD That's not a deliberate mechanism of the system. That has just not been questioned much, or posed much of a threat; until now at least.
    A mechanism is something that works as the code was intended. I doubt they intended on letting people do such acts, and maybe, it will be altered next age, who knows?

Either way, dishonourability (if that's a word) is half subjective. There are some things about it based on morals, others are pretty commonly factual. I would probably put accepting & breaking a CF into the "pretty-commonly-factual-dishonour" part, as you seem to agree that the 3 options are Accept, Reject, or Ignore. You do not need to "negotiate" any CF offers. Negotiating is an added diplomatic effect, usually done to entice the opposer's will to be mutual and respectful about things.. A CF is a CF. That's "pretty-commonly-factual" too.
    I wonder if you guys would be open to someone killing people in the real world, all because they believe their moral judgement is correct about "cleansing" the world of "sinful" people, or some crap like that.. Moral only goes so far. Society dictates how far that goes, even if it is meant to be solely subjective. Governments don't make it subjective.

As I've said before, if that's how you play, that's fantastic. I just think it's blind foresight. As in, will it really be worth sacrificing the mercy people would've given you if you were honourable?

Hard2Get, your name truly fits you. I have no clue what you are trying to say but chaining a suiciding monarch to 900 acres is not something to laugh or brag about. Leaving that province above any more than 100 acres is just sad and if SH is filled with players like you than I understand why the button was pressed and why Myrmidons consider you such babies.
    Please, Myrmodins was doing a good job at looking themselves look stupid but with your post Stronghold made itself look mentally invalid.

Thread Information