Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Myrmidons take control of The Stronghold

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Please contact us next time. Those quotes did not come from us, those statements did not come from us.
    I was contacted in #utonews with the request to do this war by Deathly, who claimed to represent Myrmidons. I then contacted damien of stronghold in game to see if he would like to contribute to the article. I have the irc logs of both conversations, and everything that I stated in the article was given to me by a representative from either kd. I have nothing to do with deathly's disappearance from his kd now and the fact that myrmidons cannot reach him now and want to blame me for his statements is not my problem. This news service is not biased; it is provided by the community FOR the community. All those that want to complain about this or any other article are encouraged to speak with Mad_Scottish about becoming a reporter themselves.
    Last edited by Chuck; 13-12-2011 at 12:47.

Post Demon
    Fair enough Chuck, i'm not holding a grudge on you i realize your intentions were just to promote the community. no hard feelings.

i'm sad that it got posted when neither monarch wanted it to be, but from your perspective it makes sense.

perhaps i should be making a formal apology to the utopia community for accepting/breaking CF with stronghold. at the time it was simply between US and THEM. having half the community in a fit of rage over it was certainly not expected at the time. about that apology.... ill think on it, stay tuned haters i got nothin but love for all

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I have read very little but I just want to add that both DDodge and Katje are fantastic people

for all you haters out there..... i guess justice has been served? had 1.7 million books in science, down to 400k.

pretty big impact on my age.... still very sad that news can post stuff and make up quotes to shift the view of the community. 1.3 million books later and the whole community involved.... we got our win.
    You really need to stop lying. The news article and this thread has not resulted in the "whole community" targeting you with learns. Anyone can easily look at your paper and see that you and your entire kingdom are simply being waved by Icey Rick Rollin (see below). Nice sob story DDodge. This is the second time you've made up a BS story to try and earn sympathy of the community in order to deflect attention away from the fact that you're a shady liar.

An except from Myrmidon's recent news (full news here)

January 8 of YR6 An unknown province from Icey Rick Rollin Hostile (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and pillaged the lands of Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 10 of YR6 An unknown province from Icey Rick Rollin Hostile (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and stole from Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 10 of YR6 An unknown province from Icey Rick Rollin Hostile (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and stole from Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 10 of YR6 how Im feeling (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and stole from Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 10 of YR6 Good Bye (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and stole from Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 10 of YR6 Good Bye (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and stole from Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 10 of YR6 I just wanna tell you (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and stole from Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 10 of YR6 I just wanna tell you (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and stole from Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 10 of YR6 You Cry (Rick Rollin KD) attacked and stole from Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).
    January 11 of YR6 You Cry (Rick Rollin KD) attempted to invade Optimus Prime (Myrmidons).

Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    The relation system is a part of the game to deal with kingdom relations. You abused it.
    And I don't think you're understanding the true meaning of a cease fire.
    Suspension to hostile activities it can be described as and we did... for about 3 seconds. Well thats if you want to get "technical" about the wording, the basic truth of actions is that we ripped up the CF agreement and annoyed them at the same time.
    You can think what-ever you want but dont insult my intelligence with something so pathetic! Oh and try claiming 3 seconds don't count, then how long? Why doesn't the system have a min time? CF can last as long or as short as you like, if the programmers don't like it then they can change it, tbh I'd be suprised if the programmers didn't see this issue at all, it's beginner style issues.
    We didn't abuse anything, we said no CF and they ignored us and sent the CF request, we didn't abuse anything and it was there own stupidity. We said we wouldnt accept a CF and that is the final part of it. They can do lovly little dances and sing for the queen of England for all I care, the final word that came from our monarch was no CF and that is the issue that matters. You don't like that? Tough luck, i dont care what you think or like, you are just another nobody ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Hyth79 View Post
    And I don't agree with disreputable monarchs like you making up lies and accusing other kds of things they never did.
    I'm having difficulty seeing your accusations, please quote the actual lies, if it was the hit in the link you posted then that is nothing. He asked if it was possable for a 1 time retal and even said he is looking just for 1 hit to be the retal. Suprising how someone learning may not have the perfect Utopia etiquette... The world is going to fall apart and satan is returning to bugger us all because someone is actually learning.

You didn't, but DDodge did. My point is that your monarch and some other people in your kd shouldn't accuse people of lying about the circumstances of the CF from your last war when your monarch lied about things that happened in your first war (see below). Hypocrisy at its best. DDodge says he still has a lot to learn about the game; how about learning that if you do shady things to other kds, karma will eventually come around and bite you in the ass? How's that for a lesson?

For anyone who's still reading this thread, I would like to point out to all of you that this is not the first time DDodge has engaged in dishonorable/questionable play. See: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...tice-fairlplay
    Sounds like you have a personal vandetta against DDodge, you secretly inlove with him and upset he doesn't want to have your babies?
    Yes when people are learning they may do things they wouldnt normally, things may not go as smoothly as we like due to different members in the kd learning to work together (for a lot of us this is the 1st age together), this causes issues to occasionally pop up. Right now we're being waved from comming straight out of a war and I'm actually loving it, my opa is well over 100 (close to 0.8opNW) and I can't wait to jump into battle again, who is being punished by kama???? Not us as we love to war and it appears someone may like to give us a taste of our own medican, you should see the party poppers popping and the merry dances of the drunken orcs around the campfire, like xmas came early ^.^
    For anyone who's still reading this thread, I would like to point out to all of you that nobody is perfect and misunderstandings can happen, try talking before whining tho.
    Best thing to do is speak to anyone who upsets you and open up a dialog and hope to move forward without the same kind of issue happening to spoil you fun again, DDodge has already said that he doubts he'll do that again after seeing the communities responce (again learning), anyone who is an adult should be able to accept that and move on with there own life. Enjoy your own fun, no need to try and spoil our fun by making wild accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by tufkuki View Post
    Seriously i dont think waving a KD into hostile again right after breaking the CF is called a light wave . You dont expect ppl to sit there and wait to die after what happen w/o any retal from ops .
    Its you who should just wrap it up , coz i haven been biased on my post at all , just a shared opinion base on what the OP reported . Anyway i'm not part of SH , its you who have been biased and fixated assuming i'm part of SH . Pls get it out of your head that this is a public thread , anyone can post or share their opinion.
    I've asked if your part of SH and you said no, you then go on and tell us Myrms what happened? How the hell would you know any of this unless you was there? Funny how you only have 4 posts and all 4 of them have basically been in the defence of SH. If you aint part of them then are you a groupie?
    It was a light wave, well at least for our kd it was a light wave. You claim otherwise, sounds like you was on the recieving end the way you *****'n'moan. You claim no biased claims yet your posts are full of them, this one for a start claims it wasn't a "light wave" when you "are not part of SH" (so how the fluff would you know?!?). Thats biased talk, esp when one of our kd members openly said it wasn't a proper wave... I wasn't part of that wave and neither was half of our kd, I can see how to a ghetto(not calling SH ghetto as you claim not to be part of them) it might seem like a full wave but to this ghetto... that was half a wave.
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

Quote Originally Posted by Midoki View Post
    I'm having difficulty seeing your accusations, please quote the actual lies, if it was the hit in the link you posted then that is nothing. He asked if it was possable for a 1 time retal and even said he is looking just for 1 hit to be the retal. Suprising how someone learning may not have the perfect Utopia etiquette... The world is going to fall apart and satan is returning to bugger us all because someone is actually learning.
    This is the lie:

In our current war the enemy KD had a friend hit our unbreakable province and knock him down to prevent him being UB and start a semi chain on him. I asked them why they had an outside province interfere, the response:
    1. DDodge was not unbreakable.
    2. An outside hit was not ordered on you. Anyone with common sense looking at the paper from that time can easily see that the outside hit was from an idiot random.
    3. There was no semi-chain on DDodge.

Not having proper Utopia etiquette is one thing; completely lying is another. I'm not going to ease up on exposing DDodge for what he really is until he publicy apologizes for lying and confesses that he makes up sob stories to garner sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I have read very little but I just want to add that both DDodge and Katje are fantastic people
    *Hugs Palem*
    When was it you started thinking you were better than me?
    Katje

No need to apoligise for accepting and breaking the CF. I would have done it, and I'm sure many others would too. It's really stupid to just send a CF and not at least send a message with it. Hell just make up some bollocks to make them sorry for you. Just sending a CF is NOT diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Midoki View Post
    Suspension to hostile activities it can be described as and we did... for about 3 seconds. Well thats if you want to get "technical" about the wording, the basic truth of actions is that we ripped up the CF agreement and annoyed them at the same time.
    You can think what-ever you want but dont insult my intelligence with something so pathetic! Oh and try claiming 3 seconds don't count, then how long? Why doesn't the system have a min time? CF can last as long or as short as you like, if the programmers don't like it then they can change it, tbh I'd be suprised if the programmers didn't see this issue at all, it's beginner style issues.
    We didn't abuse anything, we said no CF and they ignored us and sent the CF request, we didn't abuse anything and it was there own stupidity. We said we wouldnt accept a CF and that is the final part of it. They can do lovly little dances and sing for the queen of England for all I care, the final word that came from our monarch was no CF and that is the issue that matters. You don't like that? Tough luck, i dont care what you think or like, you are just another nobody ^.^

Sounds like you have a personal vandetta against DDodge, you secretly inlove with him and upset he doesn't want to have your babies?
    Yes when people are learning they may do things they wouldnt normally, things may not go as smoothly as we like due to different members in the kd learning to work together (for a lot of us this is the 1st age together), this causes issues to occasionally pop up. Right now we're being waved from comming straight out of a war and I'm actually loving it, my opa is well over 100 (close to 0.8opNW) and I can't wait to jump into battle again, who is being punished by kama???? Not us as we love to war and it appears someone may like to give us a taste of our own medican, you should see the party poppers popping and the merry dances of the drunken orcs around the campfire, like xmas came early ^.^
    For anyone who's still reading this thread, I would like to point out to all of you that nobody is perfect and misunderstandings can happen, try talking before whining tho.
    Best thing to do is speak to anyone who upsets you and open up a dialog and hope to move forward without the same kind of issue happening to spoil you fun again, DDodge has already said that he doubts he'll do that again after seeing the communities responce (again learning), anyone who is an adult should be able to accept that and move on with there own life. Enjoy your own fun, no need to try and spoil our fun by making wild accusations.

I've asked if your part of SH and you said no, you then go on and tell us Myrms what happened? How the hell would you know any of this unless you was there? Funny how you only have 4 posts and all 4 of them have basically been in the defence of SH. If you aint part of them then are you a groupie?
    It was a light wave, well at least for our kd it was a light wave. You claim otherwise, sounds like you was on the recieving end the way you *****'n'moan. You claim no biased claims yet your posts are full of them, this one for a start claims it wasn't a "light wave" when you "are not part of SH" (so how the fluff would you know?!?). Thats biased talk, esp when one of our kd members openly said it wasn't a proper wave... I wasn't part of that wave and neither was half of our kd, I can see how to a ghetto(not calling SH ghetto as you claim not to be part of them) it might seem like a full wave but to this ghetto... that was half a wave.

i think you should read carefully before you make assumptions and make yourself look like an idiot .if i were to say something biased towards myrmidon does it make me a myrmidon? I made my post on what was given by OP nothing more , what's with the defence of SH , any player who played for sometime would know a KD waving into hostile wont be some randomed wave . whats more a 2nd wave right after breaking cf. Your members claimed it was a light wave , but news reported otherwise.

If its a genuine mistake do make a sincere apology to the community.

ill tell you one thing. the fact that the news team is allowed to post news has had a strong influence on our age. I don't agree with people on this "news team" being allowed to post biased articles that should have been private matters between two kingdoms.

for all you haters out there..... i guess justice has been served? had 1.7 million books in science, down to 400k.

pretty big impact on my age.... still very sad that news can post stuff and make up quotes to shift the view of the community. what happened was between us and stronghold. Chuck went out on a vendetta to make it public. i dont know why. but my goal before the war was to get a war win against stronghold. 1.3 million books later and the whole community involved.... we got our win.
    losing all that science isnt justice for CF breaking. thats "justice" for your fail diplomacy and kingdom philosophies. you dont op and slightly retale a kingdom you want to go away and leave that lil def at home against a kingdom of orcs. if other ppl are hitting you thats on them but dont quote my kingdom as serving justice for some war i dont care about.

just to be clear, i am against CF breaking to reset relations and im not against teaching kingdoms that do that how wrong it is. however this was just wave for war gone wrong. if you dont want to war sometimes its better to just eat a wave btw. thats another life lesson you can learn. :-P
    Icy 4 8

This is the lie:

1. DDodge was not unbreakable.
    2. An outside hit was not ordered on you. Anyone with common sense looking at the paper from that time can easily see that the outside hit was from an idiot random.
    3. There was no semi-chain on DDodge.

Not having proper Utopia etiquette is one thing; completely lying is another. I'm not going to ease up on exposing DDodge for what he really is until he publicy apologizes for lying and confesses that he makes up sob stories to garner sympathy.
    So you say that is the lie without showing the actual post or article which your accusation comes from? I can't believe such fairy tales without seeing proof, go back to reading kiddy bedtime tales, seems about all you can do. Unless you can offer a valid argument with evidence then there is no point wasting time on you.

Quote Originally Posted by tufkuki View Post
    i think you should read carefully before you make assumptions and make yourself look like an idiot .if i were to say something biased towards myrmidon does it make me a myrmidon? I made my post on what was given by OP nothing more , what's with the defence of SH , any player who played for sometime would know a KD waving into hostile wont be some randomed wave . whats more a 2nd wave right after breaking cf. Your members claimed it was a light wave , but news reported otherwise.

If its a genuine mistake do make a sincere apology to the community.
    And you still fail to see what I'm getting at, 5 posts now? All 5 posts have been condeming us, suprising how it is ONLY this you have commented on.
    You keep refering back to the OP but that is incorrect, that 'wave' wasn't organised and no1 was advised about a wave. It was the people on at the time who hit at that time, when we wave we wave, I'm no stranger to setting alarm clocks. I KNOW and yet you are telling us all it wasn't a light wave, dispicable. Your the load your mother should of swallowed.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    losing all that science isnt justice for CF breaking. thats "justice" for your fail diplomacy and kingdom philosophies. you dont op and slightly retale a kingdom you want to go away and leave that lil def at home against a kingdom of orcs. if other ppl are hitting you thats on them but dont quote my kingdom as serving justice for some war i dont care about.

just to be clear, i am against CF breaking to reset relations and im not against teaching kingdoms that do that how wrong it is. however this was just wave for war gone wrong. if you dont want to war sometimes its better to just eat a wave btw. thats another life lesson you can learn. :-P
    Your kd is the one attacking us, the one with all the silly little orc sages who has been giving us a giggle? Those orcs are fat little bloaters now, yeah they took some of our excess land but they need to quickly get there backsides to weightwatchers =P
    Kinda hoping we do war you, I hate hitting for land out of wars.

Out of curiosity, whats the gains limit on orcs? I know we can hit the cap pretty quick when we get some sci in military.

No, I am not from either kingdom involved in this issue.
    The only thing that needed to be said in this thread is this: If you insta-break a cf and people find out about it they will for sure lose respect for you. With that loss of respect is an attitude of no mercy and no regard. Even enemies can be civil and treat each other with mutual respect. People will be knocking on your door over this one Myrmidons. And they won't be nice about it. You reap what you sew. Kinda funny how that works isn't it?

***EDIT - Here, this wont mean a thing to your kingdom but I know it means ALOT to the Utopian community as a whole. An if the Mods had any backbone they would be looking into this war an taking action.

Spirit of the Rules
    Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game.

I could take the time to quote all the crap that the Myrmidom kingdom already spouted but its not necassary. You all already posted you blatantly violated an abused the rules. You never intended to CF, yet you hit the button. Your intention was war, yet you accepted a CF, then broke it .... pfft ... bad form
    Last edited by Ryshad; 14-12-2011 at 05:42.
    Everything in your province is peasant based

@Ryshad

Yes you don't like how someone ripped up the CF offer in there face after they was told "No CF", who gives a flying monkey?

As for spirit of the rules, where does it say you cant can't?
    "obviously not intended" part? I'm sorry but if it wasn't intended and the programmers wouldnt of left it in for how long?!? I don't think it is "not intended", if so then I'd be puzzled they could do a game like this, even beginner programmers will do a chart for issues like that. People can break a CF agreement at anytime during the age that they may wish to do so, usually this comes at a time that would benefit them the most. Just cause some people may wait a day... a week... a month... It's all relative. The truth is, we said no CF and they sent us a CF option.
    How rude of them to not listen to our monarch when he took the actual time out of his day to write that message, if what we did is breaking the spirit of the game then so are the actions SH took by ignoring communication via ingame messaging tool.

If it isn't intended then why hasn't anyone with 'power' said "Oh thats a violation, please don't do that in future."?

Considering the commotion from the narrow minded then I find it hard to believe that this is manipulating the system, the CF button is a tool to assist in diplomacy and if the other kd ignores diplomacy and throws out the ability to reset relations then why not? Untill the devs say otherwise then I don't see an issue with it. If you have such an issue with it then report it, why did you even feel the need to come on here and sound like a parrot?

Polly want a cracker? or is polly crackers already?

Actually I read all the war articles, They are generally entertaining and most have some knowledge worth collecting.
    It is legal to go into vacation mode. Try abusing it the way you did the CF option an see how fast it gets you deleted. If the developers intended for relations to be reset instantly they wouldn't have taken so much time in programming in Unfriendly an Hostile relations leading to war. They also wouldn't have taken the extensive time it took to revamp the entire relations system like they did last age. Like everyone else they are human an until a crack in the system is noticed an brought to their attention they can't fix it. Again - referance the Vaca Mode abuse an its recent actioning. As far as reporting your kingdoms actions I don't have to, Bishop an Palem have both posted in this thread an I am sure they continue to monitor it, after all that is their job. Like everything else in Utopia, it takes time an enough people complaining before 'actions' are taken. If my experience with this game is correct I am sure in the future you will find the abuse of resetting kingdom relations to zero an actionable offense.
    In case I was too narrow minded let me state it another way - I personally find the actions of The Myrmidoms to be a blant attempt to abuse a flaw in the relations systems. Several members, including their Monarch, have stated they intentionally reset relations so that the monarch of the other kingdom would lose his ME bonus an could more easily be broken, also they knew it would prevent the other kingdom from performing ops/spells on them while they could continue to attack. They have down played their actions an tried to pass them off as 'accidental' or 'unintentional' in some posts while in others blatantly laughing about how they cleverly abused a part of the relations system in a way that it was never intended to be used for. You can sit here an claim how rude the other kingdom was for not listening to your monarch an try to compare it to the actions of your kingdom but I assure you - the majority of the Utopian players would agree that ignoring an PM is by far less rude then blatantly abusiing a feature of the game in a manner that it was NEVER intended for.

You can take your cracker an your 'better then though' attitude an shove it. Your kingdom abused the system. Any narrow minded Utopian with even minimal experience can see that. Take the first step to rebuilding your kingdoms reputation an atleast admit it. As long as you continue to try to twist the facts around you will continue to lose respect from every Utopian out there.

Oh - I forgot.
    When I want to rip up a CF agreement an throw it in their face I hit the REJECT button.
    Try that next time. It works.

Thread Information