Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UF NEWS: Empyreans and Undecided Pre-Xmas War

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanReborn View Post
    let me jsut point out that pestilience is missing an understanding on several parts of what he is talking about. Muddy is a fine leader but being an ex-monarch myself its no fun having someone moan at you all the time about things they don't even understand fully. monarch snap at people when they r being annoying, you have to learn to let monarchs do that as they have a hard job and vent occasionally. zero defense was a personal choice by a very small undead which others suggested against but we let the guy try it because he was sure he wanted to, he learnt quickly it was too little, we like to give people a bit of freedom. We also have some limits as all kingdoms do.

Just didn;t want there to only be one point of view here

Edit:

As for the attacker with most uniques, thats been either me or one other person in the kingdom all age, not you

Difference of opinion I guess, I personally don't think it's ok for a monarch to throw temper tantrums. Especially in the war forum for other kingdoms to see.

Perhaps you should go check the logs again, bane beat me in war #1 but that was it.

Veteran
    If iot was a temper tantrum then that'd be fine, but you;d be asked to stop all the pointless hassle you were giving him and you didn;t, i was more than happy for players like that to get shouted at after a while....when i was monarch of the kingdom i woulda shouted alot earlier, and no-one ever told me i was a bad monarch, they accepted it because they understood i was monarch for a bloomin' reason. you disagree with him you post in forums you would like a vote on change of leadership, you didn't and it wouldn't have mattered if you did. So yeah was best for you to leave, however as posted earlier, do it at a war start and your a bit of a not so ncie person (look at me watching my language)

I also don;t ened to check the logs as I am aware of myself topping the uniques per war, only reason you had extras were bad unqiue formatters counting every ambush you did seeing as 11 uniques in a min time war just won't happen. I am not saying you didn;t do well, but i am only defending the point made about lack of team playerness, i was more than happy with your performance until i heard more about what had gone on behind the scenes with muddy, lack the team spirit we required for our kingdom I guess.

I'm sure you have the right attitude for some kingdoms though so I'm sure you have already found yourself somewhere you enjoy so in the end best for everyone eh

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanReborn View Post
    If iot was a temper tantrum then that'd be fine, but you;d be asked to stop all the pointless hassle you were giving him and you didn;t, i was more than happy for players like that to get shouted at after a while....when i was monarch of the kingdom i woulda shouted alot earlier, and no-one ever told me i was a bad monarch, they accepted it because they understood i was monarch for a bloomin' reason. you disagree with him you post in forums you would like a vote on change of leadership, you didn't and it wouldn't have mattered if you did. So yeah was best for you to leave, however as posted earlier, do it at a war start and your a bit of a not so ncie person (look at me watching my language)

I also don;t ened to check the logs as I am aware of myself topping the uniques per war, only reason you had extras were bad unqiue formatters counting every ambush you did seeing as 11 uniques in a min time war just won't happen. I am not saying you didn;t do well, but i am only defending the point made about lack of team playerness, i was more than happy with your performance until i heard more about what had gone on behind the scenes with muddy, lack the team spirit we required for our kingdom I guess.

I'm sure you have the right attitude for some kingdoms though so I'm sure you have already found yourself somewhere you enjoy so in the end best for everyone eh

That wasn't in a min time war, I seem to recall the war going on for quite awhile. Ambushes definitely don't trigger a unique and I rarely ambush anyways. That's besides the point though. I had 3 options at the start of my holidays: vacation mode, let them feed on me, or delete.

I'm actually genuinely curious what you are referring to now about what went on behind the scenes? I don't think I ever hassled anyone aside from the UD who had 0 defense, and I wasn't alone in that criticism. I didn't talk to Muddy much aside from a few in game messages where he asked if I was interested in monarchy in the future, which I politely declined. Perhaps he just made something up and told you because I honestly can't think of anything he or I might have said. The only reason I posted here to begin with is because I felt I was being unfairly bashed on. I had no hard feelings aside from that.
    Last edited by Pestilence; 04-01-2012 at 05:39.

Veteran
    You identity was uncovered by yourself, no-one had any opinions formed on you apart from within our own kingdom until you stepped up and started defending yourself (up until that point no-one woulda had any clue it was you or maybe even who you were)

And ambushes definately count as uniques when they are far enough away from your main hits, our current war bane has 7 uniques but i count it as 6 because ones an ambush - I don;t cause all my ambushes are near enough to my other attacks

and just forget behind the scenes stuff its not important

Post Fiend
    I love the uniques discussion.

From what I see is there are 2 decent war formatters out there.

Eus' formatter
    http://www.home-world.org/utopia/formatter/

In it is says" UNIQUES are calcualted as "attacks per hour", meaning that all attacks in single hour ar count as one unique. If you have two attacks this hour and two attacks the next, that would be two uniques. "

I like how this works, as if you are active, and ambush every 4 hours with extra generals, they should count as separate uniques, as what is a unique for? To me it is used to determine activity. If you are active enough to hit every 4 hours or so, you should get credit for it.
    I also like how Eus' does province news as well.

The other is Prince from Angelus
    http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/prince/

Which from testing I have seen, it shows that uniques are calced as different hits 7 hours apart. Ambushes inside of 7 hrs, count as the same unique.

Just sharing what I have seen, as I really dont have any dog in this fight.
    CanWe

Veteran
    Meh I'm actually trying really hard not to fight so sorry if its comign off as that.

My long term definition of a unique is one full armies worth of attacks, onyl main hits would therefore count, showing your activity levels, you then compare that with total attacks made.

There you have activity, and how successful you are at causing damage to enemies or limiting your own.

Each to their own in terms of how you like to think of them i guess.

Just finished our next war (a win I'm proud to say) and I was at 6 uniques, at 58 hours, counting ambushes the way lmtd prefers I'd be at 9 uniques, had I not ambushed tho i would still have been just as active so I guess for people like me who sometimes jsut don;t log off, it just doesn;t quite make the sense to me in terms of it gauging activity anymore.

I suppose its jsut more complicated than it needs to be in terms of needlessly exaggerated numbers imo.

Thanks for explaining the other formatter form me though I only use prince (and mostly i let someone else do it), so you have given me a better udnerstanding of certain reports now

Empyreans deserved the war win without a doubt, we got bashed badly and we would have lost too them in any case this age i am quite positive.
    Im sure we all left the war feeling pleased with it.
    I hope too see you guys again some other age.

@Pestilence
    I dont really understand what you are trying to achieve with your ranting and slander but its good that you wanna name yourself and show the world why you didint fit in. If i had any respect at all for you before the posts, it sure would be gone now.
    I got no idea how'd you managed too imagine half of the things you post here nor do i care.
    If i wanted to waste more time with you i would give you a "bash" that you would deserve and spend a couple of hours of my life wrighting the "why".
    And about the "uniques part" i will actually bother myself a moment too post, In 1 war you was on a shared leading position with 3 other players during the moment some of our better attackers was in vac mode, Really feel that proud about it? you where at the very best moment only mediocre
    But honestly you wasted enough of my time, just tell everyone that you wanted to be in the "news" aswell and be noticed as you somehow still think very highly of yourself... nvm no need to tell anyone, your posts so far shows all there is to you for anyone who can think for a moment, feel free to keep contradict yourself.
    You left the kingdom and im happy you did, now stay out of it... You wasted enough of my time and you really didint even deserve the moment i wasted wrighting this post and i wont bother giving you any more of my moments.
    Bye
    Last edited by Muddy; 05-01-2012 at 13:05.

Enthusiast
    Oh gosh, silly me. You're correct, I just decided to make a bunch of stuff up!

News Correspondent
    Take it to PM guys

Veteran
    Might as well be to jsut close this thread now i don;t think theres any real discussion to be had on this article anyway

Thread Information