Thread: Need a strategy for an UD attacker mystic

Need a strategy for an UD attacker mystic

I am a UD attacker mystic build. I am speced as follows.
    20% homes
    20% banks
    20% racks
    10% TG
    10% guilds
    7% towers

The only issue that I am having is that I can't keep up my peasants. I get going good, and then seems like I have to start over again. Any advise on my build strat and how to keep more peasonats would be great. I have about 10% sciences in both alchemy and housing as well. Thanks!

Drop the homes and some banks for more guilds and some GS and WTs

10% banks
    16% rax
    16% TGs
    16% GS
    16% guilds
    10% towers
    16% WTs
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Landros strat is solid, you should run it. Homes are bad since you're usually growing and can't fill up the extra space provided, which means the increased birth rates is the main benefit (and most often not worth it).

You say you have trouble with peasants. Could you please explain the issue more in detail?

I only have 3k peasants, so I have to set my draft rate at 75% just to get some soldiers. I have about 10k unfilled jobs.

so I shouldn't have any homes?

Homes are nice for pumping but during war you'll be under popped most of the time anyway so there's little use in having lots of homes in a war build. Don't worry about unfilled jobs. Every war-ready province will have a lot of unfilled jobs.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    opinion: the whole point of homes is for exactly the situation you guys are talking about... underpopped in war. 10% homes gives ~+33% BR... which the benefits compounds continuously (per tick). i like landro's strat but i'd shave a few %'s off of some stuff (banks rax tg) to squeeze in 10% homes

that what i did, think im at 11% homes, thansk for the great info

one FB chain and it doesnt matter the % of homes you have. gaining 51 peasants vs 50 peasants a tick is not gonna be anymore useful. having an extra 10% TG instead of 10% homes will be x10 more useful. or any other building for that.

20% banks
    20% racks
    20% TG
    10% GS
    15% guilds
    10% towers

leaves 5% to add to something else. but if you are facing a thief heavy kingdom WT would be useful like Landro said. if your sci is good enough libs might be worth it...
    Icy 4 8

Post Fiend
    i thought i'd at least give some real #'s

if ur birth 50 peasants that means u have ~2440 peasants (2.05% births per peasant). with 10% homes u birth 66 (50*1.33). after 24 hrs without homes ur at 3970 peasants. with 10% homes ur at 4651 peasants. 48 hrs its 6460 to 8870.

you may think thats chump change, but its hard for an opposing kd to nuke everyone. and the more likely scenario is you'll get fb'd not as severely or not at all, and the effects would be much different. lets say you started with 4880 peasants (twice as much). 24 hrs: 7942 to 9307. 48 hrs: 12925 to 17749.

back to opinion: most of the time it'll really help you grow into your land and keep ur BE and income up, and if you do get hit by FB's you'll be back on ur feet faster. i guess the real lesson is if you're going to FB someone make sure really lay it on them. i think an important factor is the length of the war: the longer the war, the more valuable the homes.
    Last edited by br3nt00; 02-01-2012 at 04:41.

understandably you are looking at a static province in war for 24 hours. that is not going to happen. the immedate benefits of other buildings that mod something are way more important for the war effort. an extra presumably 2K peasants is < then having 20K more off which could mean the difference between a single or a double tap. provinces are not static and subject to massive change in war. plan accordingly but not like that.
    Icy 4 8

Thread Information