Thread: Big monarch kd's

Big monarch kd's

Hi fairly new player here,

Cruising through kd pages i've noticed some kd's with everyone the same size except the monarch.
    He is atleast double or triple size as everybody else in the kd.
    Why would u do this in warring kd when he is out of range and cant make any decent attacks?
    Wont u just lose to good organized kd's (they have an extra attacker...)?

Post Demon
    bank/cow.

i'll let someone else explain (not that i wouldnt love to, but i'm pretty drunk, its the holidays ya know?)

Forum Addict
    Monarch status gives +10% income(along with other buffs http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Politics). The bigger the prov, the more peasants they have, the more that 10% gives. For this reason, you will see that most of them are also dwarves(and although you cannot see, they are also merchant), further increasing the total income.

However, this does raise one question for me, which is how come KD's that are aiming for nw/land and thus are unlikely to actually enter war are as concerned with making cows? I think I understand how they are used strategically within war, but what is their purpose oow? Put differently, why have one cow/bank instead of just having everyone larger, or like 2-3 larger provs(ala dreams last age). Especially when the whole KD is already dwarf/merchant(as opposed to say undead/rogue). Is it largely deterrent, and for hostile wars? Even for someone like Pulse this age I would get it if they were running some elaborate scheme with their orc/merchants constantly trading particularly cheep soldiers for gc, but of course they don't have a cow.
    Last edited by Topsy; 31-12-2011 at 05:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    Monarch status gives +10% income(along with other buffs http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Politics). The bigger the prov, the more peasants they have, the more that 10% gives. For this reason, you will see that most of them are also dwarves(and although you cannot see, they are also merchant), further increasing the total income.

However, this does raise one question for me, which is how come KD's that are aiming for nw/land and thus are unlikely to actually enter war are as concerned with making cows? I think I understand how they are used strategically within war, but what is their purpose oow? Put differently, why have one cow/bank instead of just having everyone larger, or like 2-3 larger provs(ala dreams last age). Especially when the whole KD is already dwarf/merchant(as opposed to say undead/rogue). Is it largely deterrent, and for hostile wars? Even for someone like Pulse this age I would get it if they were running some elaborate scheme with their orc/merchants constantly trading particularly cheep soldiers for gc, but of course they don't have a cow.
    1. to use the acres in the pool or else it's a waste :)
    2. Cow gives many advantages and in the top, if there is an opportunity to make the kd favorable in any hostile/war, we press it :)

Enthusiast
    The game is flawed when it comes to attacks :)

A kingdom with 30K acres provinces will take minimum 3% of the targets acres. This means if he attacks a province at 6K acres he will take 180 acres. That will be 4x180 acres each 12 hours, which cannot be retaliated.
    There is no reason not to have a bank if it is possible; problem is it is not possible for more than maximum 10 kingdoms each age  Due to the completion about winning the bank race.

Unbreakable province will do the same thing and they are easier to get.

Thread Information