Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T/M dpa

lawlz orday. i need to war you one day
    Icy 4 8

I think I would rather have 30 opa and 70 dpa than 100 dpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayenara View Post
    I think I would rather have 30 opa and 70 dpa than 100 dpa.
    For a T/M?
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    And I get one of my orcs to 2x retal for me while you've got most of your army out. It's not about "keeping them out" because you can't do that and stay effective as a T/M. It's about making them send more than they really want to to break you and getting one of your KD mates to 2-3x retal for you while the enemy's defense is out.

P.S. Just realized that Flaming Knights just said the same thing XD
    The problem is that very few T/Ms have attackers to protect them. But even if they do, my own kingdom's Orcs will sci-rape that Orc for daring to retal.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Postaholic
    imo, 90dpa and 100 dpa are pretty much the same thing oow..... most hybrid attackers would be running 80'ish dpa and most heavy attackers *should* be running 110-130 opa, so either way, having enough dpa to keep the hybrid attackers out oow is all you need... the heavy attackers will still be able to hit you regardless.... in fact if you have more defense, you will just lose more leets...

Maybe I'm mistaken, and most hybrids run 90-100 opa and that is why for some reason 100dpa is SOOOO much better than 90?

When it comes to being massacre chained, 90 or 100 doesn't matter... the undeads/orcs will have their way with you, and by the time they are done you will only have 60-70 dpa anyway, so the hybrids can finish you off.

I'll stick to my 92 dpa and let my thieves/clearsight keep some of the heavy attackers away...

Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    imo, 90dpa and 100 dpa are pretty much the same thing oow..... most hybrid attackers would be running 80'ish dpa and most heavy attackers *should* be running 110-130 opa, so either way, having enough dpa to keep the hybrid attackers out oow is all you need... the heavy attackers will still be able to hit you regardless.... in fact if you have more defense, you will just lose more leets...

Maybe I'm mistaken, and most hybrids run 90-100 opa and that is why for some reason 100dpa is SOOOO much better than 90?

When it comes to being massacre chained, 90 or 100 doesn't matter... the undeads/orcs will have their way with you, and by the time they are done you will only have 60-70 dpa anyway, so the hybrids can finish you off.

I'll stick to my 92 dpa and let my thieves/clearsight keep some of the heavy attackers away...
    A hybrid attacker with 80 dpa is useless. A hybrid attacker is a heavy attacker who sacrifices some offense for extra tpa/wpa
    The whole idea behind having high dpa is not getting hit so you shouldn't be chained at all.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Yeah, I meant for a T/M.

It is my belief that you can never avoid getting hit. There is always someone bigger with more offence than you have in defence. Having a high dpa or dpnw will deter others from attacking you since they could find more gains elsewhere. However, as have been said many times before, a good offence is the best defence.

You have already talked about the trouble with lacking powers of retaliation (with and without the context of kingdoms). I would say that in war this problem is magnified. For all provinces the threat of being chained is always there and cannot be completely stopped. Attackers deal with this problem by always having land coming in and often running a high amount of Guard Stations. For pure T/M you don't have land coming in, and rarely have much or any Guard Stations. You only have your high defence and it will be difficult to take you down, but once they break you, you are going down hard.

After you have been chained you should be able to keep on doing good damage to other provinces with high WPA and TPA, but you will lose a lot of land, nw and defence. Now this is hard to avoid, but I believe you will be better off having some offence rather than purely defence. To begin with you would be able to attack and gain land. You could do some ambushes if you get chained and attack provinces with low defence. And second, if you decide to run Hospitals and Guard Stations (which makes more sense when having some attacking force) you wouldn't lose as much when attacked.

I don't think you would not be losing a lot of deterring power when decreasing your defence. My understanding of attacks is that they come in discrete numbers. It isn't a continuous scale where having less defence automatically equals that you will get more attacks on you. You have to think about it in terms of attacks one province is able to do. Most of the time someone will not do one attack if it can do multiple attacks somewhere else. So let's say you have 110 dpa, many provinces will not be able to attack you at all, and others will only be able to hit you once. If this 110 dpa is lowered to 80 dpa this is still true. Sure, there will be more provinces able to attack, but it doesn't matter much since they will still only be able to do one attack.

Also, there is the trouble with massacres. If you don't have any offence massacres will completely cripple your province. If you have offence you can still do something.

I hope I have conveyed my message, and would love to hear what you think about the subject.
    Last edited by Ayenara; 03-01-2012 at 17:38.

it is spelt/spelled meant not ment

why would a tm run ospecs? they shouldn't run all dspecs either. there are a lot of factors involve on running dspa and epa but most of time they should be running predominantly elites

faetacker
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

then it's not a tm
    its an attacker

Veteran
    You need 120+

Post Fiend
    120+ is redundant if your attackers are running 40-50 with army out.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    A hybrid attacker with 80 dpa is useless. A hybrid attacker is a heavy attacker who sacrifices some offense for extra tpa/wpa
    The whole idea behind having high dpa is not getting hit so you shouldn't be chained at all.
    I meant to put opa. Hence the rest of the sentence talking about heavy attackers opa, and what is needed to single/double tap.
    I agree, any attacker with 80 dpa (leets out) is useless.

Postaholic
    I dunno. Any more than 95 dpa and I feel my raw T/M numbers are low. Im a faery/rogue at 6 raw WPA (16 mod) and 5.5 raw TPA (15 mod) with 95 mdpa. I like to keep 2 dspecs per acre for dragon killing, so I guess If i made those leets instead I could pump some more dpa, but then I wouldn't be doing my job.

I find that if a province can hit you at 90 dpa, they can also hit you at 100. As most "good" heavy attackers are running 110-130 opa, and most "bad" heavy attackers are running 80'ish. The good ones will be able to hit you no matter what...so just make sure you have enough defense to not get double tapped by a heavy attacker, and not get single tapped by bad attackers....

Can never be totally safe from getting hit, but from experience playing TM I do feel 120+ dpa usually keeps you safe from getting hit during wars, as in war enemy tend to go for your high offense first. Unless of course, your enemy is really eager to take the TM in your kingdom down. I am currently running 150 dpa (will top 180 when on target draft), 6 rtpa, 3,5 rwpa on 62% draft as elf sage. One of the problems you have to counter is having attackers with a lot more acres in your range net worth. So if you ask me, the more defense the better. ;)

But well... then there is always conquest.

Thread Information