Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tornados and FireBalls

Quote Originally Posted by slackattack View Post
    So what do you do when you let a province grow untouched and he gets enough soldier + GC aid to become unbreakable?
    It's hard to grow into your acres when you don't have enough peasants to be able to draft.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    Did you even read the post? All it takes is soldier aid to become UB. You can't keep all enemy provinces at low enough peasants to cripple their draft, someone will always be available to aid.

The entire point of FBs are to disable economy and BE. Disabling attacking abilities and growth of a single province through fireballing him is 100% impossible versus a non-retarded kingdom, no matter how many peasants you kill.

That said, disabling the economy of a province big enough to be UB is not bad, assuming that he's already out of your hit range. It won't stop said province from farming a ton of land from you, but at least he can't bank and slay dragons for his kingdom.
    Last edited by slackattack; 06-01-2012 at 20:05.

Did you even read the post? All it takes is soldier aid to become UB. You can't keep all enemy provinces at low enough peasants to cripple their draft, someone will always be available to aid.
    People can aid only so much. Will they aid they chained provs to keep them attacking or a big guy who might become unbreakable? If they can do both, you're losing the war anyhow.
    Large amounts of soldiers can be NSed with ease unless you train but where would you get the cash to train them?
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

need a healthy TB also.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    need a healthy TB also.
    yup! Getting GBd with spells does very little for your GBP if it has any effect at all

Post Fiend
    So? If you're one of the bigger provinces in your kingdom, your deficit is unlikely to be high at the start of a war. Training soldiers and maintaining army on borrowed income is not a problem in the short term.

I'm not saying it's not effective since it disables an economy which would otherwise be strong, but preventing the province from reaching UB status just from peasant loss is an unrealistic goal if there are no cows above his size.

Throw cows into the mix and the issue of becoming UB does is not worth considering anymore.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by black_mamba View Post
    first of all nub before you jump into conclusion.... i wasn't being fictitious when i said to ask simians

if you weren't aware they jump into fort stance after getting fireballed and then tornadoed, they can give first hand account on how they feel about the effects of the ops, otherwise you're just a presumptuous nub
    Almost 3k land was tornadoed and i was down too about 3-4k peasants.
    The province was drifting from 8.4k land to 7k land to LL in the end as well.

I had MS on me all the time and greed+riots+explosions had decent coverage.

Economy dies 100%. BE drops dead very quickly, think i had as low as 46% BE when things was worst.

Retraining impossible, buildings land was all about having team-mates aid you thus having your trade balance totaly ruined. Also you must concentrate on build guilds/farms/towers and **** like that to even survive. (being able to cast simple things as FL and not go negative 15k bushels per tick). The effect is very nice on a bigger province for sure. Its extremely costly to rebuild.

Also the MS killed like 500 leets, 500 d specs and 1k peasants most ticks.

Beleive me when i say it hurts.

This was in hostile.... If it had been war i would have attacked still.
    But yes, it hurts like **** and in a way i was disabled...

Impossible to even draft. People had to send soldier for me to release into peasantry as often as they could.

Just imagine now what the cost per tick was for my province. Count buildings/wages/retraining/aid and everything.

****ing trollfags ;-)

/Simians
    Last edited by Anri; 09-01-2012 at 23:21.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

So? If you're one of the bigger provinces in your kingdom, your deficit is unlikely to be high at the start of a war. Training soldiers and maintaining army on borrowed income is not a problem in the short term.

I'm not saying it's not effective since it disables an economy which would otherwise be strong, but preventing the province from reaching UB status just from peasant loss is an unrealistic goal if there are no cows above his size.

Throw cows into the mix and the issue of becoming UB does is not worth considering anymore.
    Not true, i had +6 mill in TB, after 48h of ops on me i had -6 mill TB. Tax will ruin a prov in the long run.
    A cow wont save a prov. Just be consistant and stay on target.

You are speculating, i am not!
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Post Fiend

Lol,everyone that commenting against you right now is at least on a decent warring kd.What I said is, fbing an active atker that is considerably small and let him get big and fat.I dont know about you, but soldier aid a bit hard to get in war since its not easy to retrain loss troop,drafting,build incoming acre and kill dragon while still having extra soldier lol.

Fb=stop draft+decrease income.That mean you need sold+gc aid. I'm not talking about 1-2k sold and 200k-300k gc aid here...If for example your kingdom manage to do that, I wonder how your kd kill dragon then?If you didnt kill dragon thats -15% income to whole kd.But if dragon is kill that mean your whole kd need to retrain def spec which need soldier.

I never play a kd with cow so I didnt know about that.And about tornado, it make your province overpop which may desert troop more after getting chain....but tornado almost as hard as ms to cast so I think its really worth it if a kd only had 2-3 t/m.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Not true, i had +6 mill in TB, after 48h of ops on me i had -6 mill TB. Tax will ruin a prov in the long run.
    Is -6mill TB that bad at your size? I'm not saying your economy isn't hurting though, and going far above 48 hours with no peasants to speak of would definitely get you into trouble. What did you spend gold on, apart from wages? Did you try reconstructing all your buildings, or just the important ones? Why would you want to keep your buildings up anyways? Normally when I keep losing a large portion of my buildings I will only reconstruct the essentials.

And about tornado, it make your province overpop which may desert troop more after getting chain...
    A province which got fireballed to 3000 peasants will not overpop from tornadoes.

but tornado almost as hard as ms to cast so I think its really worth it if a kd only had 2-3 t/m.
    I can see the use of tornado on a target you're about to chain, just not on a fireball target.
    Last edited by Sadliar; 10-01-2012 at 09:44.

-6 mill TB was enough to hit 10% tax.

This was a hostile situation dragged out for many days. We gained 15k acres but this ghetto crippled all our top orcs enough so that we were unable to war any other KDs.

It looks as if i was the only target. When this happen to 5-6 people in my KD and around my range it really begins to effect the KD in a really bad way. (rest 21 orcs on MS)

The trade balance is needed for real wars/conflicts. That a ghetto can cripple a KD that is twice as big like this is just imba. It is what top players that is smart enough does. Normal kds does not because they dont understand better.

And ofc i could not rebuild more then important buildings, farms and guilds mostly.

The total effect of such an hostile lasting for like 7 days:

1) Lets see, we plundered/stole 200 mill gc and gained 15k acres.
    2) We lost "resources" for maybe 400+ mill gc?
    3) We lost 14 days of not being war-ready and not being able to pump.
    4) Vultures took advantage of us having no economy and notices us and waved us without us being able to fight back.

I am just pointing out obvious things.

This is things that nubs are better of not knowing so we can stay in control and hit whoever we want for whatever reason we want. lol

Enuff said, fireball+torn rocks!

I dont need to be a mathematician geek to understand basic **** in this game.

Sometimes i wonder what it is people dont see or understand?

And the reason i had to keep retraining and getting land built back asap was because several kds in the top waited to vulture us...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by dream2 View Post
    What I said is, fbing an active atker that is considerably small and let him get big and fat.
    Yes, if he starts out small enough I agree with you, growing far would be hard. I must have misunderstood what you meant, since I assumed a large province was the target of the FB attention.

Post Fiend
    Yes, if he starts out small enough I agree with you, growing far would be hard. I must have misunderstood what you meant, since I assumed a large province was the target of the FB attention.
    Big province is the first chain target and small active atker is a good fb target.But top 50 dont have that much acre different between province so its more to lucky draw.

A province which got fireballed to 3000 peasants will not overpop from tornadoes.
    err...what I mean is tornado only before chain. But again its only a theory since in war acre change a lot.

Thread Information