Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do when a big Explorer defects into your kingdom?

Veteran
    First thing to do is to have a Fireball party. Pick a time where most of your kdmates can get online (esp you're best mages) and then everyone fb him. Those provs which cannot make the party should aid out their runes so that you get maximum amount of FB's all in the same hour. You said you are getting 1/3 success, that's is GREAT for a fb party. Cuz this strat works good even for 1/10 success rate.

After the party, continue to have your provs fb him whenever they login. If you manage 1 success per hour you are winning. Cuz a fb will kill more than his birth rate can make.

Once he's below 2 peas per acre, you could have your better mages try Greed and MS. (storms too but most likely he has Natures Blessing cast). But only do these spells if your attackers/other mages are maintaining the 1 FB per hour.

As far as attacking him, if you have undeads bounce him but no other attacker shud hit him until you're ready for a land grab. Pump up offense on your strongest attacker, then once it's close to breaking him (even conquest) you could have your smaller guys bounce him just enuf so your big attacker can grab land.

Hopefully just FBing him makes him decide to try another kingdom, so you wont even need to do the hits but still plan on hitting in case he's stubborn.

Has the explorer Province defected or 'come on board' yet i wonder?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Hi there

Do you still have problem with this explorer? If so contact me I can see what I can do Im at top 30 kd :) Im sure I can nearly 2x him or 3x :) Im Orc attacker at 1900 acres :)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackgoldN View Post
    So the story is an explorer defected into our kingdom shortly after a war. He is about 1k acres (about 100k net) bigger than our nearest attacker with extremely high TPA and WPA. He is running a large number of guilds and watchtowers and thieve dens aswell. Full defensive specs military around 65% draft

To begin with we tried contacting him, trying to work out if he was going to be a team player and what not. So far he has not responded to any messages and im confident he hasn't read his mail either. After about two days of silence and constant growth we decided to remove him manually.

However his high wpa and tpa are preventing our t/ms doing much harm, getting 1 out 3 successful ops. We are focusing on burning down watchtowers and AW and further tornadoes to try and slow his economy, however he is rebuilding and recovering just as fast. Eventually if we keep it up either he will give up or we will break through however it will take far to long. (We are also in fortified stance to try and slow his explore rate)

Is a silver bullet on how to deal with this situation?

Any Help would be appreciated,
    -Regards BG

Yeah, even 1/10 fb is plenty if your whole kingdom does it. Eventually he will realize it's not worth it and defect to someone else.

Hello, (sorry for the late update been a bit busy as of late)

So the explorer is still there just as big as always. The 'FB party' effectively prevented him from growing further but then it was a standstill as no one could break him yet. We combined it with bounce waves but still took too long.

So contacted a number of kingdoms to see if they would grab some free land from him for us (before exiting fortified). Most said 'yes ill give it a look' but that we needed to come out of fortified and into normal etc (fair enough).

Then our real problems started, once in normal all those kingdoms larger than our networth with the explorer started waving us and fair enough we made a brillant target would of done the same. However none hit the big explorer, and those kingdoms i contacted went quiet. In the end we were getting bottomfeed so much we hurried into a war.

The life in a ghetto kingdom.

Thanks again guys for all the help. Sure we will work it out with the explorer... somehow haha.

Don't be a$$ and let him play.

If he's still there in a day or so when I get OOW again, then let me know and I'll try to help.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Quote Originally Posted by dstn queen-killer View Post
    Don't be a$$ and let him play.
    Utopia is a team game. If somebody doesn't want to be part of the team then there's nothing wrong with trying to get rid of him/her
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

I wonder if they pmed him and made another arrangement.

So right now we are in war. Explorer is down 600 acres =). And is non-communicative as always. Giving us the little boost to remove him afterwards. However this war seems to be dragging on a bit.

and he gets the monarchy to prevent fortified.......

Regular
    You're not talking about Dora right? 0_o

Thread Information