Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion on Science Pumping

Discussion on Science Pumping

I was having a chat with a few other monarchs earlier today after people came to ask me about the Simians crap.

So they were telling me that my 5 week war was really good for pumping sci. Instantly, that set off my bull**** alarm. Has skill level in this game gotten so bad that pumping on [Active] sci means that much? To me, if you aren't on at least accelerated (i would even argue intensive) while oow, you are playing this game wrong. With some skill, you should be able to toggle between rushed and extreme, but that part I can see as being difficult for the majority of the game.

The garbage war I had would have been great for post-war pumping (the gc stocks that got plundered) but DURING the war, we were just pumping wizards (hence the great success on nados and fireballs) and the main reason we were gonna withdraw was because our science was falling behind (800~ bpa) - we actually just wanted to wait out the new years inactivity but simians came knocking.

So what do the majority of you utopia players think? Is science pumping such a lost art in this game? Does this explain how even a t10 kd (Simians) only has 500 bpa? Note to mods: this isn't a bash simians thread, I'm genuinely curious about what the majority of the server feels on science. With this information, I feel like the math lovers (flogger/zauper) can propose a better science system for next age.
    The End of an Era

Enthusiast
    This thread should be moved to "Strategy Talk"...

You cannot even start a discussion about strategy without trolling. That you claim you do not troll; does not mean you do not.

So Realest has managed to pollute another section on these forums, if the moderators move this thread to the right section.

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    @ Darkmore - I don't think this really qualifies as "strategy" discussion. It's more a discussion on the state of the game if I'm understanding the topic correctly (and assuming the topic is legit).

@ Realest - I think the problem lies with warring kds managing their time. They want as many wars as possible. For most kds, all you need to do is hit some minimum threshold for each of the categories and then they need to jump into another war. That's the best way to maximize the number of wars you can get in per age. However, these thresholds tends to be pretty low and don't require a real science pump; in fact, sitting on active for a week or so would prolly suffice. Not too many people have had the necessity to actually learn how to pump science and as such, the knowledge has suffered.

Enthusiast
    Palem: Then why not take it to the "Suggestions" section?

You have clearly judge this is not about trolling.. so the remains of his post is about changing something in the game..

So it is save to assume he wants to science pump for real next age :)

Lets assume what you said to be true Palem. If you pump properly on intensive for a week, that will beat the average kingdoms who only use active for a week, right? So why not do it right? Pumping science is not hard nor does it have to be time consuming. In fact, this is why a lot of dice kingdoms get restless, because at some point, theyre just investing sci for the sake of it.
    The End of an Era

We been busy entire age. Waving, recovering chained provs from 4 top fights, active hostiles and such. You honestly think that a KD that does not whore/dice with CFs up can afford to science pump? Switching to any kind of science pump and moving buildings is just to expensive and put you in a too much of a vunerable situation. You get farmed out.
    You can CF entire top and pump science, thats what you do Realest! Others dont. People know how to science pump Realest. It is not a lost knowledge that only you know about. Some find wars way more interesting. Thus getting a orc setup and kick ass from the very start of the age. Well aware of science being extremely low. Its a sacrifice that is made to have many wars, even if some wars is harder because you are way less pumped then the opponent. Its what it is like for any warring KD in the top.

Do you for real beleive that you can go thru 4 top wars and all other conflicts in a age with a non merchant/sage setup and still get to pump science between all the conflicts?
    wow you must be dumb...

Your name does not fitt you very well. Get real...
    Last edited by Anri; 05-01-2012 at 07:49. Reason: and some pump while others war, if they fail 1st time around to war. They gotta come back with advantage enough to win. (inso
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

I think you can because I've done it before, lol.

Then again, I'm good at this game, and you're not. I've seen your ghetto rainbow builds.
    The End of an Era

odd ... a merch kd can stay @ intensive easily without schools @ 50% draft ...

uoddbro

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post

Then again, I'm good at this game, and you're not. I've seen your ghetto rainbow builds.
    Your attempts to troll back is getting weaker and weaker.. You have reached the level of a 8 years old kid.. Mine is longer than yours...

You used to be much better at this..

My kd pumped hard in earlier ages. Result: nobody wanted war

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    My kd pumped hard in earlier ages. Result: nobody wanted war
    Well this does sounds like what Realest wants...

Post Fiend
    Orc and undead can learn attack right?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post

trollloollllll olol lol

You been granted CFs in this game by a lot of people from different KDs.
    People that ALLOWED you to pump science or allowed you to grow freely.

Extreme science, no wars, dice setup and pure whoring is not a goal for everyone.
    Your crown is worth nothing to most people, that includes me.
    Because Simians goal has always been to war on decently high nw. Still need targets and still need the tuffest opponents we can find. This is what my KD does.

We are not looking for science. Like someone else said: being to pumped gives you no wars.

We have been to pumped and we have had setups giving us to much advantage. Bank/killers, or even buying built 100% effectively for a certain opponent. That wont bring the KD war and my players got bored.

This age our pure orc setup was all about warring as many top KDs as possible straight from OOP.

With the war-record and all waves we had we almost included entire t20 into conflicts concerning our KD.

Mission accomplished this age...

I mentioned a few times to the KD that maybe we should try whoring and get both the needed solo kds and abs into CF and just whore away. We are good whores, being able to whore between the wars to catch range on KDs and grow back chains. And diplomacy wouldnt been a hard thing, just trigger the blocks against each other while we would pull a "fratzia" or a "dreams".
    The KD dont want it, its been suggested many times. 75% of the players says they will quit if they had to play for nw chart and whoring. They want good wars vs strong kds. Comprende?

Who you kidding really... People allowed you to be what you are Realest. Has your KDs ever faced another KD in equal strength (build, range, no advantages and same activity) and won such an war? Or even going into fights with disadvantage and win? lol, not a chance.

Realest, you are a sad person that thinks you rule this game. Wich you never have and certainly never will do!

Sry for derailing this thread...

I just cant help myself when Realest played this game in his own little world order of peace for free growth and pumping because people let him do it and CFed him.
    Just look at what a whiny baby he is when he is not allowed to freely pump in his former "fake war".
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by dream2 View Post
    Orc and undead can learn attack right?
    dumb question, dont you think?

In our case, we had CF with insolence for YR10. We started to make learns/plunders across the server and grow some acres to get in range in time for that.
    Our orcs tried to obtain science and gc in the short time-window we had. But things did not go as planned when a player of mine hit Realest KD after i withdrew a standing CF offer that had been there for 24h. (Wanted to show them we would not touch them nor kill octobrev because we had no reason for it, i was trolling them, but when CF was withdrawled things turned bad with us hitting them). Plans dont always work out as they should. No science for Simians.

If we however drop the KD to lets say half of its size where most other kds is. We will be better pumped then almost everyone and get no wars because of its major advantage.

I am not sure why Realest has to mention my KD and my name everywhere. I think he likes me...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Thread Information