Thread: War Declaration

War Declaration

Maybe we could have something where Monarch 1 sends a "War Invitation" to Monarch 2. Monarch 2 can accept or decline, and if they accept an automatic CF is put into affect for 24 hours. At the end of the 24 hours war automatically begins. It would be interesting to see how wars would be when both kingdoms are pretty much at full strength and both know exactly when wars start. Could get crazy.

Thoughts?
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes at delayed declarations

Nay at everything else.

Oh you mean the same system we have but add 24 hours (or whatever) from the time the button is pressed to when war actually starts?

And the KDs would still do ops and attacks?
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes, like how things used to be. A notification goes up on both papers indicating that war has been declared and 24 hours later, war starts.

wasnt the war start random?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I don't remember. Thought it was either 12 or 24 hours after you hit the button.

i thought it was a random amount of time

as in - Your kd will go to war with BLAH in X days!
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    BLAH's a bunch of noobs.

Either way, could change it to a fixed amount.

It is an interesting idea and would be useful as all Provinces would have time to prepare for the war and let their mana and stealth rise again.

Bishop has said that logic has no part in this game and i am seeing that in some ways, logically if a Kingdom wishes war upon another they shall do so with no warning whatsoever for the element of surprise. From a gameplay point of view i like the idea however, having a 24 hour ceasefire between the two Kingdom's before war is declared at a predetermined date would make war's more 'defined' and dramatic.

I think the idea is just yet another one that should be a 'goer' yet will probably go unimplimented.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 08-01-2012 at 09:29. Reason: i spelled make with a 'w'
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

we ad it before though - it was removed as kb b gets kd c to hit kd a before war :p

Post Fiend
    What about a forced pre war stance? with limited gains and damage done from hits? Like a forced fortified?
    CanWe

I like the idea but would the pre-war CF only apply to the two KD's in question? What about other KD's that may be chaining you at same time, could not there be the same as the EoW CF period pre-war so as to stop outside intervention?

I like it potentially. I see it functioning like this. KD A sends offer to war. KD B has 24 hours before offer expires to say Yes/No. Any attack against KD A would result in the offer dissapearing. If KD B agrees then they go into war immediatly but have a CF similar to EOW CF. The CF ends 24 hours after the declare time and they are in war full effects when it ends!

RAWWWR
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information