Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Utopia in the future

Aggressive forums are a factor of PVP games the world over - but we do try to limit it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    the trash talking is soso, what makes things bad is when you see the moderators participate in the flaming. Moderators act like this is there own personal forums, so they just flame away. But in reality, they are representing someone elses business. Just not in a very professional way when you see them flaming players. I've said that time and time again. Several public frorums that supported utopia died out because of to much flaming and the moderators participating in the flaming. Such as sites like the AR site and the Utopiatemple forums. And mods in both of those forums where in volved in scandelus acts against players. In this area, it needs to be a neutral area to discuss the game. If the mods can't stay neutral themselves, then you get mods that can.

I don't care to go into making this statement as a focus point, but some would go out of there way to make what this says and blow it out of proportion. This is a quick fix.

and you can't denie what I said, because there are several others that feels the same way. That have stated the same thing i've just stated.
    Last edited by Scott250; 16-01-2012 at 21:53.

If you see anyone flaming please report it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Enthusiast
    ok, so , your saying , no more playing favorits, no more mods particiapting in flamings and a set standard for everyone?

I'm saying if you see flaming report it. I'm also saying if you start **** stirring again you will get a permanent ban and this time it will be enforced.

@bishop.
    aggressive forums is one thing, i aint saying thats a bad thing, i bet you most of the new players that finds utopia or even these forums, are not entirely new to the...internet...in fact, i think most of em are confortable in hostile enviroments, competetive playing and aggressive talk in public forums, however, its one thing to be aggressive, and another to ridicul new players,

its not uncommon for the veterans, leets, in here to drop comments about/to new players, how wrong they are doing, not followed up by any form of advise or help, but rather stating how good they are and that said new player/noob should leave or similar.....that has nothing to do with aggressive forum talks, its pure unwelcoming attitude....

not long ago i read a thread in here about how few people there actually were here on these boards....point proven, its not a friendly place for anyone that is new, hence only same people use these forums, the odd fellow now and then endures it, but the majority of new people wont, in fact, majority of the playerbase wont...

I disagree that any point was proven. We now have more posters active than at any time in the last 2 years.Sometimes people are elitist, you get that anywhere though. We try to curb it and i think we've been quite successful.

Of course, people claim all sorts of things - yet when I browse through reported posts I find that they haven't actually reported anything :( Its not like the process is difficult or time consuming.

I am looking forward to many years of Utopia. I wonder what Age 100 shall be like? I should be in my late thirties by then :-)
    Last edited by scorpio86; 18-01-2012 at 12:04. Reason: i miscalculated
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Enthusiast
    Sorry for super necro, but found this thread and it has some good points in it for the new owners.

Specially liked the reward for referrals idea that was mentioned. That would get the player numbers up and hopefully there will be enough mud on the wall that some of it will stick and we get another generation of enthusiastic text-based gamers.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    Sorry for super necro, but found this thread and it has some good points in it for the new owners.

Specially liked the reward for referrals idea that was mentioned. That would get the player numbers up and hopefully there will be enough mud on the wall that some of it will stick and we get another generation of enthusiastic text-based gamers.
    You tried to do something good. No need to be sorry!

Enthusiast
    game has been in a death spiral ever since mehul sold it.... delete the multi it is sub 3k players today

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You think 60% of the game is running multis? Lol

You mean well, but I still gotta lock it. No necros

I am just suprised that Palem hasnt closed this thread yet, hes usually super nazi about "necros"

Then i read Palems post still not locked though.

Forum Addict
    In before Palem locks it! I'm amused by those "the game will be dead in 5 years" posts... whoops!

Game is dead though. You have a morbid sense or humor

Thread Information