Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Human/Rogue

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by ReturnoftheJedi View Post
    I like the human/rogue combo.

But your build needs a lot of improvement. Running so many guilds and then like 10-12 (absolute numbers not %) of towers is an example of something that won't work very well. You can use them just for self spells but there are several usefull self spells.

The watchtowers are a huge leak.

Here is a better one:

http://www.utopia-strategy.com/build...s/human-rogue/

stables 5%
    farms 8%
    forts 20%
    guilds 5%
    towers 5%
    thievery dens 12%
    barracks 20%
    banks 10%
    homes 13%
    dungeons 2%
    really weird man.
    20% forts??? huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

but the biggest ? is no hospitals :)

propaganda to refill troop losses is perhaps the goal???

Veteran
    So ultimately, when I look at my build and i have the set up of 10-15% homes, and 10-12% farms,, with the 20% barracks/banks 10% guilds and like 10-12 random odd towers, With the additonal 15% WT

I need to remove the WT and put them as a TD? Is this what you are suggesting i do?

I understand fully why I need the TD it will help the effective of my thievery, it makes sense why I have been failing so much even with something as simple as NS hahaha. . . .What I am failing to comprehend is the fact that human/rogue sounds to be a successful play for an attack hybrid, however, im failing at it. And for my kingdom we like to have active attackers go twice a day so the barracks is a common necessity, even if not, the actively trading hits, the faster times makes more sense to me

get more normal rune producing towers too. like 5%

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    So ultimately, when I look at my build and i have the set up of 10-15% homes, and 10-12% farms,, with the 20% barracks/banks 10% guilds and like 10-12 random odd towers, With the additonal 15% WT

I need to remove the WT and put them as a TD? Is this what you are suggesting i do?

I understand fully why I need the TD it will help the effective of my thievery, it makes sense why I have been failing so much even with something as simple as NS hahaha. . . .What I am failing to comprehend is the fact that human/rogue sounds to be a successful play for an attack hybrid, however, im failing at it. And for my kingdom we like to have active attackers go twice a day so the barracks is a common necessity, even if not, the actively trading hits, the faster times makes more sense to me
    If you ditch the homes there will be space for everything you want.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post

No need for 5% towers. 2-3% max. you can do 1 op every 3 real days and steal 70k an op from an elf. Why waste space?

I would also drop the homes. I never like them. Use war buildings instead. I love hospitals, when you attack often, they are almost eco wise better than banks.

As far as rax, 12% should be enough for 2x attacks a day in war.

15-20% TDs are nice, they work best for thief losses, combined with you dont have to send as much, it is a double bonus.

I also like to run at least 4 rtpa. You are a thief, you need them.
    CanWe

rogues don't waste stealth on robbing towers.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Although if a race/rogue were to rob towers during war, it would be human no? The 40% bonus is actually useful when dealing with oow ops.

Post Demon
    Playing human sage, I'm running ok with 8% guilds, 6% towers. I have to keep building them in war cause the % keeps falling (and I run lower guild% OOW, since I'm sitting and a weirdly high wpa already), but that's usually been enough. Stinks when I get a plague and run out of runes before a cure (and the fail rate hurts there too), but other than that, 2-3 tries on an IA is ok, GP should go up in under 2 average, and LP is usually the only other thing you want - cast if you can. Just assume you won't get pat and you can shave a % or two out with no real loss.

Given that you are rogue, not sage, I'd think 9%-10% guild, 7-8% towers ought to be enough. With 7% farms or so you are nicely self-contained, and only "waste" steal on runes/food in rare cases, when finding a good target (runes taken are runes they don't have - aid them out!) or when the NB is fail and you still have mana.

General note - your TDs are twice as good. TDs are balanced against the rest of the buildings normally. So seriously, get as many TDs as you can stand. Eventually DBE kicks kinda hard... but going from 12% -> 13% is still better than adding the first 1% for a normal prov. I'd recommend trying for 15-18% TDs, since that'll give a great TPA mod and huge loss reduction, letting you opp anything you like. (18% being above 90% of max effect... unless you get that BE > 100%, then it might well be near/at cap.)

And ya, hospitals are important too. As are rax for any 2x schedule. (Honestly, a small % rax is good even if you've got QF, just to exploit the DBE and the little tricks you can play with an 10.5-11 hour attack. Plus OOW considerations.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    rogues don't waste stealth on robbing towers.
    OOW they do. Why not? Saves space.
    CanWe

nobody cares about oow.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

but you spend the most time OOW..

you dont care how a rogues uses stealth oow, its not important. In war they dont waste it on rob ops that anyone can do.

totally agree with you on that

Post Fiend
    ok so then bishop, what do you think, 3% or 5% towers? I say 3% and go into war with 300k as surplus.
    CanWe

Veteran
    Just keep a note and reminder, mages have a spell that destroyes runes mate. . .

Thread Information