Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: An interview with AquaSeaFoam

That was the halls of utopia in the past when the big names actually wrote on the forums gave advice and started some decent for/against arguments ....... this game/forum is a piss poor shadow of its former self

|||| Cthulhu in 2012 ||||
    ::: why choose the lesser evil :::

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by UnBan Hurlin View Post
    That was the halls of utopia in the past when the big names actually wrote on the forums gave advice and started some decent for/against arguments ....... this game/forum is a piss poor shadow of its former self
    This happens in most games.
    First they start finding out how to run a game and discuss it in the forum, but at some point people won't share tricks anymore just cuz they are afraid the tricks might be used against them and/or being prevented by the game developers.

Regular
    Well - that explains the lack of content - and I suppose the vacuum has to be filled with something, e.g. ego? It still remains rather vacuous, doesn't it? ;-)

I am by all means no Absalom fan but one of the reasons that Absalom managed to survive so long is that there was always a worse alliance / set of kingdoms out there.

I don't believe AquaSeaFoam is a hero but I do rather see players like him controlling the top then the massive horde of crosslogging kingdoms that used to run rampant and played the antagonist role vs. Absalom.

At least it is some comfort to be outclassed by a set of kingdoms ruled by a player that is politically talented enough to almost make you believe that they play 100% clean and have outstanding morals than by a set of kingdoms where half of the players can't even spell their own name right.

No one can really deny the impact Absalom and ASF had on this game even if you do not particularly like them.

aremarf: E_Boko and Realest really are not that bad if you have seen the leaders of kingdoms that you had deal with years ago.
    Last edited by Ambrose; 16-01-2012 at 21:13.
    It's all about the rhythm

ASF is definately one of the few players i respect from all my years in this game, granted most is in rage of abs, but even so, he is a person who stands by you in good or bad, and brings the best out in alot of people.
    He is also the first person to resort to all other types of solutions when your teamed up on, before even considering calling in anyone for aid.

<3 ASF
    Rage of Absalom in heart

Postaholic

So true. Never venture here anymore except when bored stupid during a reset.

Looks like that is going to end also

Good interview.

Good interview. I disagree with a few points tho. Why do you think lots of players think top kds are cheaters? Wtf lol. Yes, the utopia experience is not complete unless youve lead a top kd, i agree with that for sure tho. The science bit, unless youre planning on being really big near end game, sustained is good enough all round; last round i had good sciences all round and didnt get learned, particularly because i didnt get to endgame at a big size. You disregard the fact that merchants running active+ will be learn exploited mid to eoa, unless youre in a top 1-2 kd obv. If you say the utopia experience is not complete unless you have lead a top kd, id like to say the utopian experience is not complete unless youve led a mid sized warring kd as well.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    AquaSeaFoam sucks.

He doesn't like Cheese and Flogger.

They're the best.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Post Fiend
    And I always thought of Tredvolt during that RUST vs IRON age as the first giant cow. He got big and then fed his kingdom up.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

History is written by the winners who climb over the bodies of the past to tell you "how it really was"
    IMPERIALS KLA

Forum Fanatic
    Very nice read

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

News Correspondent
    Great interview

Does anyone else always imagin ASF to be and old man with a long white beard?
    Disclaimer
    Take everything I post with a grain a salt. It tastes better that way.

No not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by itchm View Post
    Does anyone else always imagin ASF to be and old man with a long white beard?
    YES

Yes I do
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Thread Information