Thread: which is better for being a A/T?

which is better for being a A/T?

which is better for being a A/T? Human merchant or human cleric?

Post Fiend
    Human Rogue is typically better than Merchant if you're not trying to bank for your kingdom.

Sage should work really well over Merchant as well, as should Cleric (really expensive elites).

Human Cleric is better than Merchant for A/T i would say, the rejuvination of lost troops into soldiers helps greatly with maintaining an army. I am currently playing Elf Cleric A/M so although our Provinces are vastly different i can assure you that Cleric is a good choice of Personality. I you were pure theif i would advise going Rogue but as you are wishing to be an Attacker/Theif then i advise you towards Cleric.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Veteran
    Cleric is a bad choice for any hybrid, possible exception halfling/cleric. As always, it's dependent on your overall kd setup but as an isolated A/t human/sage or human/merchant are probably best. As a kd wide choice, human/rogues can be good, but requires more teamwork and more skilled players. Halfer/cleric isn't so bad a choice either, even if I prefer using pure T/M halfer paired with pure attackers instead then.

The reasoning here is any hybrid is dependent on sci, other mods and acre space. Sage boost science so much as to allow an ok off/def while dedicating an extra 2 ppa to being hybrid. Merchant does same, but also retains economy once inside war better. The downside is a pumped merch. is prime learn target for everyone. Cleric provides 0 benefit some 75-85% of the age (basically it's a war-only personality, a minor saving on OOW hits isn't so worthwhile, and 3% more off on a hybrids low numbers isn't a lot), whereas sage/merch continuously improves your province. The halfer is obv. good at thievery, but non-cleric halfers are ruined so easily.
    Last edited by Elurin; 11-01-2012 at 12:49.

Post Fiend
    I agree with Elurin that Cleric is a mismatch for hybrid roles apart from halfers who are pretty much dependant on it if they want to function as attackers in war. I didn't have the heart to shoot it down though since it's at least better than the other attacking personalities.

That said, Sage has stronger overall numbers than Merchant in war if both are allowed to pump a bit of science above Active level. The only downside of Sage later in the age compared to merch would be not being immune to Riots (not a big problem with good TPA) and Dragon income penalty (this one makes the biggest difference).

Merchant (for a non-bank) is for rapidly growing kingdoms, not mid-level warring kingdoms. If your growth isn't rapid enough to get significant spots on the charts, you're better off going Sage. I'm just going to assume right away that since you're posing this question to us instead of your kingdom, you're probably not playing in a kingdom trying to chart.

If you're starting late in an age, go Merchant obviously. It will let you catch up to your kingdom in no time.

Post Demon
    halfling/cleric is the best A/t in the game. note the lowercase t, which might not be what ur looking for.

Avian/rogue > Halfer/cleric

halfers only advantage is the 100% intel accuracy during war. The theivery effectivness and pop bonus' only need a bit of sci to overcome. -50% theif cost is not that much of a bonus to a good player. Halfer cleric is a good hybrid though, but they tend to turtle in war time if the KD is getting torn up.

avians have the attack times + CS + an 8/3 leet + rogue pers = win

Post Demon
    i wouldnt bother with casting CS anyways if ur rogue, not like anyone is gonna break ur tpa

Human/Rogue or Human/Sage are the best A/T imo.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thread Information