Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Human/Rogue

Veteran

Human/Rogue

Does anything think this is a good combination to be for ahybrid a/t? ? Any suggestions on ways to improve my build? Currently I run 15% MB, 8% homes, 8% farms, 15% banks, 12-15% guilds for wpa/protection because of lack of magic effectiveness
    , also I run watchtowers at 10-15% and this is all i got for buildings other than hospitals and afew random towers only liek 10-12 towers max. . . just for basic self spells once in a while. .

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions I could do to improve this?

Is my build set up okay or just horribly bad?

Did I take this in the right direction?

I would love feedback on my strategy build!!

Thanks, :)

what about some TG's? and id say WT's are useless for a human a/t.

Veteran
    ahh, do you really think so!?

I will keep that in mind, although, having the extra defense means MASSIVE ops vs me, and through experiences human/rogue hybrid, (i mean during the current age) gets chained pretty heavy and is hard to keep down unless focused hard, but i do FAIL alot and i mean ALOT even against full orc attackers and others in the same way. . .

It could be perhaps because I have no TD at all or TG? You think training grounds is better than the dens?

Post Demon
    ur rogue.... BUILD THIEVES DENS.

they are double effective. how did you miss this? raze your WTs immediately.

Post Fiend
    6-8% Farms
    15-20% Banks
    10% Hospitals
    8% Guilds
    5% Towers
    15-20% TG
    15-20% Thieve's Dens depending on BE. Use the saved population from raw TPA to build more elites.

Optional Guard Stations depending on your kingdom set-up and level of play. Chances are there will be more fruitful chain targets for the opposing kingdom.

I didn't include any barracks in this because I don't know your attacking schedule. There is room for barracks if you aren't using a high Guard Station %, though. I would in most cases put some barracks, keeping just 15% banks and 15% TG.

In general, a Rogue without a ton of Dens is a waste of a personality.

NO WATCHTOWERS.

Just a side note: Human Rogue is generally a much better personality / race combo for A/T than Human merchant unless you're playing the bank for your kingdom. The space saved on banks for Merchant is about equal to the space saved on dens from Rogue, so it all comes down to no income penalties vs + stealth and more effective ops (this one is a no-brainer if you aren't playing bank).
    Last edited by slackattack; 08-01-2012 at 07:43.

Isn't it dangerous even for a theif to go without any Farms whatsoever?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

I like the human/rogue combo.

But your build needs a lot of improvement. Running so many guilds and then like 10-12 (absolute numbers not %) of towers is an example of something that won't work very well. You can use them just for self spells but there are several usefull self spells.

The watchtowers are a huge leak.

Here is a better one:

http://www.utopia-strategy.com/build...s/human-rogue/

stables 5%
    farms 8%
    forts 20%
    guilds 5%
    towers 5%
    thievery dens 12%
    barracks 20%
    banks 10%
    homes 13%
    dungeons 2%

Post Fiend
    Do not use Forts as a human attacker / Thief. You will get much higher OPA and DPA by using Training Grounds instead.

Forts are acceptable only when you're running very high DPA. That basically means T/Ms, provs aiming for UB status and Halflings due to flexible elites.

12% Thief Dens is too low unless your BE is far above 100%. More dens will save let you save decrease your raw TPA, allowing you to keep higher off / def.
    Last edited by slackattack; 08-01-2012 at 17:05.

12% Thief Dens is too low unless your BE is far above 100%. More dens will save let you save decrease your raw TPA, allowing you to keep higher off / def.

i don't have access to bot to do a comparison on numbers but lmfao

Post Fiend
    For a Rogue. Remember the Rogue bonus to TDs?

Assuming you're aiming for high enough Mod TPA to do succesful NS against 1.5 raw TPA targets.

If you have higher than average honor and sciences, the relative effectiveness of TDs at diverting population away from raw TPA (assuming your goal is a certain mod TPA) will be lower.
    Last edited by slackattack; 08-01-2012 at 20:26.

Post Fiend
    My war build it this as human rogue.
    I run at 73% drafted
    5 raw tpa
    2 raw wpa
    8 elites an acre
    8 dspec an acre

1. Farms: 8%
    2. Banks: 4%
    3. Training Grounds: 17%
    4. Military Barracks: 10%
    5. Guard Stations: 11%
    6. Hospitals: 17%
    7. Guilds: 10%
    8. Towers: 3%
    9. Thieves' Dens: 20%
    10. Dungeons: 1%
    CanWe

Post Fiend
    5 raw tpa 2 raw wpa is way too high for a war build. You're better off getting more elites.
    Edit: 5 raw tpa is too much unless you're warring a kingdom who specifically prepared for meeting a lot of A/T by pumping their own raw TPA (but in that case, you're pretty much ****ed no matter your TPA because they'd use WTs as well). Same for WPA. As an attacker, you really can't spare that much population towards thieves and wizards without dropping your attacking capability by a ton. Aim for 2-3x your target's mod TPA.
    Last edited by Sadliar; 09-01-2012 at 11:01.

Post Fiend
    ok :)
    CanWe

Quote Originally Posted by Sadliar View Post
    5 raw tpa 2 raw wpa is way too high for a war build. You're better off getting more elites.
    there's nothing wrong with those numbers
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by lmtdconv92 View Post
    ok :)
    Are u really laughing right now? :)

Thread Information