Thread: Confused noob seeks advice on Draft Rate

Confused noob seeks advice on Draft Rate

If i have my draft set to aggresive at 70% does it draft less soldiers than aggresive 80%?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Demon
    Depends - do you mean your target DR is 70 vs. 80, but in either case you are currently at 65% DR? Then no, you draft a set % of your current pes each hour, based on the draft speed (and pat) you chose (aggressive, in this case).
    Or, you might mean that you want to know if two provs, otherwise equal, one drafted to 70% DR, one drafted up to 80% DR, will draft the same if they up their DR. In that case - yes. The 80% DR prov has fewer pes, and so, while they will draft the same % of their pes... the higher DR prov drafts a smaller total number.

'Tis the same rule either way - aggressive picks the % of current pes you will draft, then you draft that %. Changing the number of pes (via dr, or any other mechanic) doesn't impact this % - but it does impact the number the % is applied to.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I was meaning since my current Draft is very low, i have just moved to a new Kingdom and restarted, would my amount of drafted soldiers increase if i had a higher Draft Rate %, 80% rather than 70%.

Cheers for that. There is so very much to learn about Utopia.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

If two provs are at 0 drafted army (100% peasants), and prov A sets aggressive 70%, prov B aggressive 80%, both will reach 70% drafted at the same time.

Draft rate and draft target are separate values. So the term "draft" by itself can be a bit ambiguous.

Draft rate (reserve, normal, agressive, emergency) effects the amount of soliders drafted from pezzies per tick.
    Draft target establishes the maximum % of military population before the draft is stopped.

To answer your OP, your draft target (70%, 80%, etc...) will have no impact on the speed in which you draft soldiers. However, your draft rate will have an effect on how quickly you reach your draft target. Obviously you'll get to 80% a lot faster at the emergency rate than reserve.

you restarted again?

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnoftheJedi View Post
    you restarted again?
    I think he's referring to his relatively new elf/cleric.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    He moved into a kd. He had a good reason :)

Aggressive draft rate just drafts 1% of your peasants in soldiers, no matter how big is your draft target.

lol, how can someone be so bad at simple math. Supersize my combo plz.
    The End of an Era

Yes i am now in a new and good Kingdom, hence the restart, cheers all for the clarification.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Thread Information