Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best A/T combo

Whats the best A/T combo

Whats the best A/T combo? Looking to be more of the attacker than the thief. was looking at a halfling rogue. What are your thoughts?

Post Fiend
    Halfling Rogue is not durable or strong in an attacking capacity at all. If you insist on Halfling, Cleric is the only personality that lets you focus on the Attacker role.

Try Human Rogue, or Human Sage.

Human Rogue.
    The high offence of the Knights combined with the benefits with sabotage operations, added with the Rogues benefits would (in my noob opinion) make for a good Attacker Theif Province.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Human Rogue or Cleric
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Veteran
    Human/rogue

Post Demon
    If you actually plan what I call an A/t, human sage is the best in most situations. Sage is not as effective if you either start late, or grow very large - but if you expect to grow to 1k soon after oop, and never expect to get past 2k... sage is simply the hardest hitting option. (Especially skilled players could use it above 2k, I'm sure... but they don't need me telling them that.)

It should be noted that I play A/t instead of A/T proper - until recently I wasn't even running dens. I'd just start at 3 raw TPA (6-7 mod) and try to figure out who was my kidnap target. (Low TPA, highish pes) I'd also steal runes/gold when I saw some on an attacker, and would NS whenever the hit was at the edge of my range. Growth+losses meant I usually lost the ability to NS at all after 2 days or so. I'd also hunt for horses to steal, but I've been having bad luck with that recently.

Human sage is also a good choice for an A/T proper, someone who is expected to NS the target, even if it has 2-3 mod TPA. (Which I couldn't get though on reliably with NS.) However, rogue for the lower losses is a serious contender at that point.

If you reject sage (late start, growing too much, or just not good enough to get real sci levels) I'd think ambush protection would be your next more important item to get from a personality, hence warrior. Then you'd end up somewhere between an A/t and a pure attacker. Human/Warrior is a pretty nasty fighter in war time, though it has nothing in particular going for it's thievery.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Yes, Human Sage is usually better than Merch if you don't plan to grow for the charts or bank for your kingdom. For most of the players seeking strategic advice here, this would be the case.

Human can get away with lower den% than other races due to the +40% ops damage (allowing them to send fewer thieves).
    If you focus too much on growth for Sage, go Merchant.
    If you war too much for Sage, go Rogue or Merchant.

Post Demon
    Best A/T is avian/rogue, hands down.

Concur with ddodge the noob. but it depends on the KD setup.

Humans are sweet, but Avian>human as an A/T. same leet values, except avians have the attack time bonus + CS. The human bonus on sabotage ops isn't that great.
    the avian leet is 250gc CHEAPER. Thats a huge econ advantage in war time, regardless of the humans +30% income because 250gc/800gc is 31.25% - ergo avians>humans.

Correction: the avian elite is 150 gc cheaper. 150/650 = 23%. Humans have the economic advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by meanvj View Post
    Concur with ddodge the noob. but it depends on the KD setup.

Humans are sweet, but Avian>human as an A/T. same leet values, except avians have the attack time bonus + CS. The human bonus on sabotage ops isn't that great.
    the avian leet is 250gc CHEAPER. Thats a huge econ advantage in war time, regardless of the humans +30% income because 250gc/800gc is 31.25% - ergo avians>humans.
    You don't really need CS as an A/T. Human still has the economic and thievery advantage over Avian.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Post Fiend
    Thievery advantage? The +40% damage is nothing more than a glorified -40% thief loss modifier since it allows you to send fewer thieves to reach the damage cap.

Or if you're a rogue, then you can convert 40% more with Prop since it has no known cap.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I very much enjoy playing Halfer/Rogue

Out of curiosity, whats Undead/Rogue like?
    There's 109 of them in the world so I'm guessing it's respectable?

There econ would be ok as they don't have leets to pay for and 0 off losses, main cost I can think off atm would be building acres (after ran out of credits) and retraining thieves.
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

Thread Information