Thread: Who will reinstate my province?

Who will reinstate my province?

quote: "The game is now running and available to all. "

Your IP address ("91.200.122.230") has been banned due to abuse.
    This is being posted using a proxy server because otherwise we still couldn't access any part of utopia (game or forums).

Unfortunatly i have to bring this questions here because we are a couple that plays utopia for over 6 years, and we continued playing although there's no more interactions allowed.
    I kindly ask u to have the decency to answer who will reinstate our provinces considering the fact that u stated the game is running for all. (our monarch informed us we are shown as inactives atm)

Or u can just tell us if we need to quit playing because this is not funny anymore, just say it once, although we are loyal players that u consider us illegitimate players just because we have a partner that enjoys the game aswell and lack the possibilities to have 2 connections in 2 different networks.

Don't use a proxy. They're against the rules. You said that you couldn't access the forums either without the proxies, maybe it's a DNS issue like someone else had. This post by Bishop might help.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Your dns hasnt updated is all. Complain to your isp as its been over 32 hours.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I heard it could take upto 72 hours in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Your dns hasnt updated is all. Complain to your isp as its been over 32 hours.
    Oh right, how could i not think that u people changed the domain, i guess my paranormal abilities arn't as they used to be anymore.

Did the fact that i use a proxy to even find out that u changed the domain even bothers u.
    I've seen a suggestion in another thread, the one where u people could have announced it before.
    If u professionals didn't expect this to happen how can a simple "peasent" think about those large things.
    anyway ty for your tremendous help once again.

Enthusiast
    welp, they could implement a update service and do mass email notices on down times, site changes and new age start ups

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv View Post
    Oh right, how could i not think that u people changed the domain, i guess my paranormal abilities arn't as they used to be anymore.

Did the fact that i use a proxy to even find out that u changed the domain even bothers u.
    I've seen a suggestion in another thread, the one where u people could have announced it before.
    If u professionals didn't expect this to happen how can a simple "peasent" think about those large things.
    It was the domain host's error, there wasn't supposed to be any downtime. I understand you are annoyed but you are misplacing the blame a bit.
    S E C R E T S

TTL shouldn't be greater than 24 hours

You could ask your ISP for advice on how to change which DNS server you use.
    Last edited by Landro; 20-01-2012 at 19:42.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

They had announced that they were changing services several days ago, and they can't help that your DNS service hasn't updated like it should have. If you go to the link that I posted, then Bishop gave you a way to fix it.

Dude, get a better attitude.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv View Post

I agree it sucks you cant see the game, but that's beyond our control. Try using googles dns service. We have already mentioned this on twitter, facebook, ingame, the blog and on these forums.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

http://blog.utopia-game.com/post/161...he-explanation

For the full explanation of what happened.
    S E C R E T S

I understand that this problem was not caused by the people working for the game. But unfortunatly the information about the server change did not get to me (i'm not a facebook/twitter user), and my reaction was so harsh because seeing the risk of having no more province i had to go around utopia rules to even notice the real problem (my dns service).
    Also i posted my reaction on the forums after i saw that someone already suggested to inform the players via e-mail and nobody even considered this option.
    Hopefully such events will not occur in the future so none of us will have to stress about it.

I'll consider reinstating you if you will promise me your undying loyalty.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thread Information