Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethics and Etiquette in the Ghettos

Ethics and Etiquette in the Ghettos

Don't bring in any trash talk about double hostiles or shady play into this thread, I have a different purpose here. This age has been my first time outside the top 10 in probably 3 years. Prior to that I was in a ghettoish warring kingdom, roughly top 50-75 on the charts. I guess my question is when did kingdoms stop knowing how to handle hostiles? Has the quality of play dropped so far that old timer ethics codes no longer apply down here because... well... there are no old timers down here?

In my current situation, we have been hostiled by 2 kds, unfriendly with 3 more, and randomed by no less than 6 other kingdoms during a 4 day period. Is it just the way it is these days? Was there a time this kind of thing started becoming the norm?

I guess I just want to hear from other ghettos about what kind of code they live by. When you see a "hostile" tag in a kingdom name, what is your course of action? Do you leave instructions with your kingdom on how to handle that?

I literally just received a PM from a monarch I messaged about how I should CF him if I don't want to get hit, he can't be bothered to check for hostiles. That can't possibly be the way everyone thinks right? Every time you go hostile you have to CF the server or else ghettos just hit you freely because nobody respects legit tags?

Thoughts, comments? Keep it civil, this is a serious thread.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Trash monarchs act like garbage.

/thread

I literally just received a PM from a monarch I messaged about how I should CF him if I don't want to get hit, he can't be bothered to check for hostiles. That can't possibly be the way everyone thinks right? Every time you go hostile you have to CF the server or else ghettos just hit you freely because nobody respects legit tags?
    Depends on, random hits i wouldnt care if there is a hostile tag or not, waves I guess thats checked.

Normally, if I'm just searching for a random target, I'll not bother with most KDs that are tagged hostile, but if my KD is looking for a wave target then I'll flag all of the KDs in range tagged "Hostile" to get SN on if we don't find a better target that isn't tagged, or if one of them is a better match-up against us then we'll look into them first.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Post Demon
    We don't random into hostiles. However we get random hits into ours each and every time, which is a strange thing eh? Makes me wonder why we bother respecting the "hostile" tag of others when people don't respect ours!!

Still, would rather be a white knight and follow the ghetto ethics of respecting hostiles, and we now just aim to pay a friendly visit to the provinces that random into our hostile. I won't say the kd name since I respect DHaran's direction of going for a flame free thread... But a kingdom named something along the lines of "people who like to smoke weed"... Will finally, almost 10 days later be getting addressed for smacking us during our hostile

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Depends on, random hits i wouldnt care if there is a hostile tag or not, waves I guess thats checked.
    You don't mind randoms into hostiles? I always tell ppl to check hostile tags for truth before hitting, if they are hostile move on. It's like kindergarten, treat others the same as you want to be treated.
    S E C R E T S

In my opinion it has never been much different for ghettos. There are reasons WHY they are ghettos: no real leadership, no plan, no clue bt strategies, no idea of hostiles, not able to count hp and much more. Most players arent even able to run a decent province w/o advice and they often hit out of their own hostiles since they're not even aware of those.

So how do you think some nub monarch is able to control the other nubs in his kd!?!
    >>>>>> Whispers <<<<<<
    Home of the most ghey and emo KD in utopia!

What level of ghetto are you playing in, DH?
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Who cares if we get a random hit into our hostility? It happens all the time and always happend.
    We choose to write down the prov name and make a retal when it suits us. Or just skip it. And it tends to go both ways. But then again we have a very bad monarch who cant control all our orcs. Too bad utopia has shrunk so much that 20+ orcs has problems to find targets within range and in a kd who doesnt have a hostility tag.

See DHaran, just what I was talking about rofl
    >>>>>> Whispers <<<<<<
    Home of the most ghey and emo KD in utopia!

You don't mind randoms into hostiles? I always tell ppl to check hostile tags for truth before hitting, if they are hostile move on. It's like kindergarten, treat others the same as you want to be treated.
    No, most of the time is a waste of time cause people tags hostile whenever they want and i dont care if i hit when im tagged "hostile" either.

Regular
    Whilst I agree it is a sad comment on the state of affairs that this is indeed a regular occurrence, it has been brought about by the deterioration of the playerbase. Back when there were 50k or so players, you could easily search through targets til you found one that wasn't in a hostile, war, an attacker, etc. You could afford to be picky to keep in line with your personal ethics. Or not, as the case may be. These days, even outside the top kds, players have to be less selective about who they hit because when you only have 10 or so reasonably good targets and they're all in wars and hostiles, you just cannot afford to wait for them to come out

No, most of the time is a waste of time cause people tags hostile whenever they want and i dont care if i hit when im tagged "hostile" either.
    Haha you agree with me Korpsie. I did that once...against a fat little shiatty humvie with 8.5 mill gc who think he could sit for weeks to pump with that.
    And im just a lousy little halfer with shiatty off...but its easy to pick from nubs who thinks they are THE SHIAT!

If you would steal from me I would just razekill you Jon! ;)

If you would steal from me I would just razekill you Jon! ;)
    Gimme your loc in pm and we will find out:)

Thread Information