Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thievery Operations... Rate of success%?

Question Thievery Operations... Rate of success%?

so TPA... if I want to have decent success at thievery ops I want to have approx 2 tpa and be sending out approx 20% or so of my thieves for ops? Or do I need to have approx 20% of the enemies thieves to be able to do ops?

2 tpa is a bit low. Get 4 raw tpa with some decent amount of dens (12-20%) and some nice thievery sci
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

It's all about how much power your ops have when you succeed and how many thieves you lose when you fail. If you're a halfling rogue with max thief dens, you might as well start with a high number of thieves (especially for riots and prop) and play with the numbers to figure out optimal.

If you're another pers/race with 10% TD and 8mtpa, you'll want to start a lot lower. For exact numbers to send you'll want to use this page from the wiki. The biggest one it doesn't have is NS, which has been found to be calculated by taking an som, then looking at the highest stack of troops and dividing by 6. Source: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15101637

The capacity on ns is different for each troop type and home/away. There's no way this som trick is accurate.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    But if cap and effect change by the same factor, they could balance out to the same value. Look at plunder base vs. cap for an example. 'Tis the type of think human programmers are likely to do.

Not that I believe a number just handed down like that with so little explanation myself. But there is no direct evidence for said disbelief - 'tis just habit around here.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Each troop type has a separate cap and capacity~
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

The math is so frivolous that it's best to use the simple tactic of sending more or less until kills reach the maximum.

True, I always try to adjust. This number does give me a good starting spot which is not far off unless they have high wts.

is it true that if the gains are decreasing you're definitely not undersending amount of thieves?

And then second part - does that mean you're maxing out on the gains? or if you send less would you ever get more gains?
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

No, if they have soldiers you will almost always see a decrease in NS results, even if you up the thieves sent and still didn't send optimal.

oh, thanks.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Forum Addict
    If your asking what tpa you need in order to have regular success. I believe its around 2 tpa for ns(similar to fb with wpa), and 4 tpa for Rogue specific ops(similar to MS with wpa). This sound about right?

edit: This is supposed to say *2 tpa for ns and *4 tpa for rogue specific ops.
    Last edited by Topsy; 20-01-2012 at 07:11.

The gains decrease because the cap decreases as the targeted resource drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    If your asking what tpa you need in order to have regular success. I believe its around 2 tpa for ns(similar to fb with wpa), and 4 tpa for Rogue specific ops(similar to MS with wpa). This sound about right?
    I recommend at least 5-8 mod tpa for NS depending on the level of the kingdoms you're likely to face.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    "Regular" success depends on your enemy TPA. If you mean by your words, that to have regular success your tpa must be 2tpa bigger than your enemy (and i believe its raw right?)

Thread Information