Thread: Thievery Operations... Rate of success%?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Addict
    If your asking what tpa you need in order to have regular success. I believe its around 2 tpa for ns(similar to fb with wpa), and 4 tpa for Rogue specific ops(similar to MS with wpa). This sound about right?

edit: This is supposed to say *2 tpa for ns and *4 tpa for rogue specific ops.
    Last edited by Topsy; 20-01-2012 at 07:11.

The gains decrease because the cap decreases as the targeted resource drops.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    The gains decrease because the cap decreases as the targeted resource drops.
    But does this mean that if the gains are decreasing you can't get anymore gains than you currently are?
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Forum Addict
    Sorry, that was not clear at all. I meant *2modtpa for ns(like fb with relative wpa) and *4modtpa for rogue specific(like MS). As in, you need roughly twice as much modtpa as your target to have regular success for things like ns, and four times as much modtpa to have regular success wit things like prop. Apologies for the fast typing before, when I read it originally I thought it said that.

Edit: also, as to the op, many sources have stated that the % of theives you send does not effect the effectivenes(chance for success). It simply means that if you fail you will lose less theives. Accordingly, whether you send 20% or 100%, you have the same chance of success. However, I haven't actually experimented with this myself enough to know from my own stuff.

I hope this answers your two questions.

Edit 2: Petey, for ns, if you are sending enough theives to do cap damage, then you will never do more damage in subsequent ops unless they either have troops turn into soldiers while you are opping, are aided soldiers, or a tick happens and they gain resources.

This is true(that you will never get ore in subsequent ops if hitting cap and no variables change on target) for all theif ops except(at the least) prop, which is more varient(I'd have to check and see if GA and AW are also varient, i dont remember).
    Last edited by Topsy; 20-01-2012 at 16:46. Reason: so many edits.

Quote Originally Posted by peteyb22 View Post
    But does this mean that if the gains are decreasing you can't get anymore gains than you currently are?
    yes
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    If your asking what tpa you need in order to have regular success. I believe its around 2 tpa for ns(similar to fb with wpa), and 4 tpa for Rogue specific ops(similar to MS with wpa). This sound about right?
    I recommend at least 5-8 mod tpa for NS depending on the level of the kingdoms you're likely to face.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    "Regular" success depends on your enemy TPA. If you mean by your words, that to have regular success your tpa must be 2tpa bigger than your enemy (and i believe its raw right?)

Thread Information