Thread: Game paused due to dns issues

Game paused due to dns issues

The game is paused until such time as we are confident the new DNS has propagated to all our users. We know that this is frustrating for you guys, but we feel it is the most sensible thing to do.

After the issues with mydomain.com earlier we decided to move away from them. Transferring can take several days so to make the process as smooth as possible for you guys we transferred registrar first, instructing them to keep the existing DNS servers. So now the domain is with the new provider and its name servers are ns1.mydomain.com etc.
    The idea is that once the domain is on the new provider you can set up the DNS details and transfer without anyone suffering any delays or issues because the transition is smooth - from working DNS to working DNS.

However, it looks like mydomain just dumped our domain details, so their DNS servers no longer know about us.

We have updated the DNS to the new provider already, but this will take a while to propagate so we have paused the game. We will update you with an ETA on unpausing once we get a better idea of how long this will take, but it could be as long as 24 hours.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

The DNS propagation progresses well, but we are still missing key areas. The game will remain paused until 18:00 GMT today at least, when we will reassess the situation.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

The game will remain paused until 10am GMT in order to ensure everyone can access it.

The game is now running and available to all.

Thread Information