Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove plague from the game

Post Demon

Remove plague from the game

It adds an atrocious luck factor to the game.

Im not suggesting nerf undead, give them something else by all means buff them, but the plague is ultimately over powered.

War starts, I have 45% mana saved, make an attack get the plague. Burn through all 45% mana and still have it. Getting hit now by enemies that could not otherwise have broken me. This is a STRATEGY game revolving around teamwork, and plague drastically alters strategy.

Been meaning to write this suggestion for a while now. In every single war this age my mages have been "exhausted" all throughout it. All the fun stuff like casting quick feet and putting up magic shield and trying to town watch bounce people gathering intel isn't ever even possible. I would say plague LIMITS the game rather than enhancing the thought/strategy behind it.

Now I am faced with logging in every tick from work to cast NB and hope to win the lottery on a 1/5 chance. Or im spending the first 24 hours of a war with the plague, completely altering my strategy and plans for the war.

Same thing every war... But there's no way to counter it or plan for it.

News Correspondent
    Rather than remove it, I suggest reducing the time on plague. Even if it is reduced to a few ticks, the effects of plague will be deadly enough to promote teamwork such as chaining in waves.

Or raise the NB chance to cure it. Not a fan of full removal, but some tweaking is good.
    S E C R E T S

Remember, if you have the plague you can also spread it. So if the first attacker in a chain is UD and Plagues you, then all non-UD attackers that hit you later in the chain will risk catching the Plague.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Demon
    I rather liked the idea of a "fading plague" - hospitals and NB would help to reduces the effects (full, 2/3rds, 1/3rd. gone). Could even leave NB as a chance... but if it takes 3 to cure, we can go to a 60% chance, which is a lot less frustrating. Hospitals are a bit trickier - probably best if those are more like the guilds "% chance to train" mislabeling - actually just accumulate points, and when the points round past a certain point, yay cure (of one stage).

Could even have the effects different that the % to total cure... aka, 20 stages of plague, only the last 5 (15 stages cured) would have 1/2 plague effect. Or linear curing... or 0 curing, just multiple stages.

Anything with a sufficiently large sample size will minimize the influence of luck, while still preserving it to a small degree in individual cases. Think poker - considered a skill game, despite a large luck factor on a given hand. Over many hands... luck matters a lot less. Same idea - make the "luck" checks more common, take the luck part way out of the equation.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

News Correspondent
    or maybe introduce a new intra kd op called sweep plague. Difficulty and runes cost similar to MV but gets rid of plague

Plague isn't going anywhere.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

i kinda like the plagas. i have an orc this age that spread the plague more this age then when he did last age playing as undead. its all about how you use the game mechanics in your favor. and hospitals ftw.
    Icy 4 8

Post Fiend
    I like plague also as it is one of the few things to balance out cleric. BUT, I feel it can sometimes be too tough to get rid of. As human, late in war, once lots of acres have been traded, and guilds and hosp are down, it can be downright hard to get rid of it.

Maybe Change how easy it is to be removed. Up NB from 20% chance per cast, to 33% chance per cast. It is only a small number tweak, but would be a welcome change.
    CanWe

Given its impact on Birthrates and defenses and the like. I think its duration should be reduced to 3-4 days (like chastity).

No really. Why can't this effect be limited to 3-4 hrs tops?

make it 12 hours and give nb 80% chance to cure and I'd gladly accept double the income and birthrate penalties.

maybe create an extra building that reduces plague effects.

you got td and wt for thievery that can protect you against enemy thieves, but for magic you don't have a single building that can protect you somehow. So to make the new buidling more usefull you could implement a reduced effect on enemy spells aswell.

Concur with the troll E_Boko. Plague is fine as is.

i also wouldn't mind seeing it have like a 10% then 15% then 20% chance of removing itself every hour so that at 20 hours its 100% chance of leaving, but odds are its gone sooner on its own. Not quite sure what the current curve is :)

Plague is neat tho, undead is one of those funky niche races, and if undead isn't overpowerd i think it is silly to say something only undead has is overpowerd.

on average its giong to take about 15 mana to resolve it, which sucks. But meh.
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information