7/4 for 600g is pretty crazy,
    I'd have to give them - 10 be
    And +25-30 speed

Soo

-10 gains
    -10 be

30% speed
    7/4 leet 600g Low nw
    Last edited by Going to Change; 21-01-2012 at 17:13.

Forum Addict
    Although I'm not sure about the actual numbers, I'd actually like to give a thumbs up to the concept behind the new Halfling. Making them able to use soldiers and pop mods creativly gives them a lot of fun possibilities for those interested in a different type of game play. As past examples have shown, people are more than willingly to play(and enjoy playing) races that are underperforming alternatives for the sake of a good time.

That being said, if high ppa(especally when mod'd with sage/warrior) and ability to rapidly and cheaply produce soldiers with 4/0(3/1 probably wouldn't cut it) and 1.5nw is the type of cool play it promotes then this was a really bad time to give the faeries the +50% efficiency and the increased nw efficiency/space effeciency on the elite. With faeries in more kd's, and all with vastly outperforming tpa soldiers will just be annihilated with ns(and lesser so with nm). One easy fix to this would be switching back the efficiency and the +1 a tick. Also, since its not on the orc anymore, why not also add some cheapness to soldier drafting, like -50% cost. Finally, the one more thing on halfers that make this new dynamic potentially fun is town watch--but outside of directly oop situations, town watch could use some type of buff--potentially linking the buff to the newly enhanced soldiers so that faeries don't also get this buff.

I probably wouldn't use it regardless, but I think sacrificing classically "good" stats like elite numbers and gains for "fun" attributes like these would be a step in a cool direction for the halfer.

Edit: if anyone ever played Magic, I'm thinking its like a squirrel deck.

Edit 2: Also, what better race to have the "no hospital" use than one that will be using soldiers or ospecs as its offense. Just give this back to halfers from elves--it doesn't make sense on elves anywase.
    Last edited by Topsy; 21-01-2012 at 17:29.

Post Demon
    Did bishop answer whether halfer solds are modded to 4/0 or 3/1 with agression?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already.

Avians:
    Already been said but swap the def spec for the off spec, also I'd throw away the -BE effect and have +combat losses.

Dwarfs:
    I think the leet NW is a bit high, yes it's a nice 6/6 leet but 7NW? Halfers will have the 6 def points for only 5NW and yes I understand dwarfs leets could be used for off as well but they are not NW effecient to go full off with them, +3NW per unit for just +2 off points per unit, not worth it. Make them 6NW each, still not as good as the halfers leets for def NW values but no worse than the specs of 1def point per 1 NW.

Elves:
    Please remove the "No Hospital" penalty from the game, it's already bad enough that we have a randomness in the game by plague but also having a way for ppl to have no building to remove it (forced to rely on either mana or for time to tick and hope randomness removes it).
    Swap it with no Dungeons and stables? No access to WT? (still have CS)...

Fae:
    I aint bothered, they was always a threat to Attackers and now Hybreds are going to have to consider them... but it aint like they'll be attacking much. I prefer a TM race having the Thievery benefit over the halfers who had both +40% thievery and -50% thief cost, but yeah, i actually like this as attackers wont notice it as much lol, we're gonna get raped by the current Faes doing opps and will do next age.

Halfers:
    Shame to lose there leet which made them the only real possability (imo) of going full leet army, would be nice to make there leets 5/5 @ 5NW costing $500. The rest of it i agree with.

Humans look decent.

Orcs look ok as it is, porb one of the strongest looking at all the changes now.

Undead:
    Cause they can train troops then does that mean the convertion rate will drop slightly?
    With the removal of no off losses it can force undeads into playing Cleric just to save those expencive leets, swap it to no leet losses on off hits? Specs still die along with soldiers... at least this way Tact will still be equally good for the credits, diversity.

Only pers I will comment on are Mystic and Cleric, they both need a little more love IMO.

Cleric, same as potential changes with the additions;
    Generals at home reduce losses by 5% each (all 5 at home = 25% less losses).
    Generals at home increase defME by 2.5% each (12.5% with all gens home).

Mystic, i'd say just add access to Crystal Ball ontop of what it already has.
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

Veteran

Concept of "war hero"

I think the concept of cleric and warrior are similar to the old times

"General" <--- which also had enahnced conquest at any given time during utopia, and I forget what else, I do not have access to the old scripts and codes as they are in the hands of "jolt owners" I shall guess upon

And War heros always ad +double effects from honor and +50% honor gain with -50% losses of honor

War heros always ad +double effects from honor and +50% honor gain with -50% losses of honor

Do want.

How about giving Avians something along these lines of all dungeons hold double capacity and all prisoners operate with double efficiency (jobs/gc/attack). This would give them a unique flavor that suites the quick attacks and helps compensate for what appears to be a weak elite (though that would still need to be addressed).

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Did bishop answer whether halfer solds are modded to 4/0 or 3/1 with agression?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already.
    Thats a really good question man, I also would be curious to know the answer.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's the weekend, so don't expect too many things out of Bishop lol

Post Fiend
    sorry for repeating myself; overall I like the changes as they are, with few exceptions:

?elves without hospitals -- weaksauce
    ?avians seem to be weaker than others, so I suggest they cause greater casualties everyplace
    ?make clerics never lose defense and nothing else (this might be more interesting (faery cleric? *shrug*) than balancing the undead and giving everyone else undead power, but maybe I'm quite wrong because surely you balanced races having your own cleric in mind)
    ?give undead 2 more generals

?I'd like to reinforce Midoki's suggestion of letting mystics have CB

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Thats a really good question man, I also would be curious to know the answer.
    Its a question to which the answer exists already. But, to save you the 15 seconds it would take - 3:1
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sadliar View Post
    Hey, you could run 21 Orcs and 4 Faeries too. Or 22 Orcs 3 Faeries.

Just think how incredibly easy the game is to balance with just 2 viable races.
    Its even more fun when you play 21 orcs and 4 faeries this age all ready ;-).
    Same setup next age?

Probably go against the stream instead... These changes made me bored...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    Wow, you must be brave Anri ;)

Try 20 Avian please? I'm genuinely curious if anyone could pull that off.

Attackpower

Overall I am comfitable with the potenial changes. However, this is how I feel,

If you bring down the off power of the elites of dwarves, avians and halflings, you could really leave the faeries def at 7 and bring down orcs and undeads elite off to 8 and humans to 7. Having two races with 9 off is much powerful and will give no option to use other races then those to if wanted to be attacker.

Cleric will be too powerful as attacker. Leave it at -50% losses.
    Mystic... Switch x2 mana from elves to mystic and MS from mystic to elves.

Thread Information