Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 province grande mucca deleted

Any war (aside from sks) I could get in is free acre generation with minimal risk. Would it be better for the game as a whole if I warred a KD that destroyed mine while I sat there hitting and never withdrew? Obviously not. At least I'm including my KD and they actually like / follow me since I'm helping them and providing structure. Versus in the past on BF / Genesis, I could care less what happened to them (as I watch them quit 1 by 1).

I would also support deletions for GBP pumping 100%.

Either way, I'm pretty sure this wasn't the only infraction because I'm confident to say that Ryan doesn't have enough talent to make #2 in a lone kingdom. I wouldn't be shocked at all to hear that other people were logging into his account.
    Correct, it takes roughly 32 Absalom players to screw in this light bulb.

That aside, I think it's safe to say that the majority of shady play comes from Absalom or Absalom affiliates. You guys come up with clever ways to skirt around the rules to benefit yourselves and in return make the game overly complicated for people who just play by common sense rules.
    Agreed. But that isn't anything unheard of or new.

http://files.sharenator.com/Haters_G...111532-580.jpg
    Last edited by I_am_Spartacus; 24-01-2012 at 09:34.

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_Spartacus View Post
    Any war (aside from sks) I could get in is free acre generation with minimal risk. Would it be better for the game as a whole if I warred a KD that destroyed mine while I sat there hitting and never withdrew?
    Does it look like I'm a retard? You know there are minimum NW war requirements, and you needed a friend to help you farm noobs. This was a farm war, kid. Stop playing innocent.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Postaholic
    Ryan's deletion, which is borderline, I have two issues with. First is, as Proteus pointed out, that a cow-nap, though farming, has been standard play over recent ages. For this specific form of gameplay to be interpreted as a fakewar is a stretch, but to do it without warning to players is really not good. If in any of the dozen or so wars-with-a-cow-nap over the past year there had been an outside hit on either cow, both sides would have no doubt agreed that it was a "dirty" hit into a "real" war. This redefining-the-rules-without-telling-us-and-then-deleting-"cheaters" trend from the developers and mods is really poor for the game. I am entirely against cow naps and in favor of banning farming, but to do so without telling the players is seriously problematic. And to respond to minor or accidental cheating with a late-age deletion is really over the top - a suspension would be more than enough to get the point across and entirely in line with an infraction of this type.

Secondly - more of a nit-pick - the rules against fakewarring, and all the other nit-picky means of getting yourself deleted, need to be added to the game rules. There is a link at the top of the page that is supposed to tell you what's illegal, but it does not do so.

And Godly, your acquaintance with the facts leads me to suspect that you aren't even playing this age. As it is your own kingdom and monarch that began and pushed the cow-nap concept, I really question your integrity in calling this a "good" deletion. Following it up with a bad argument that "he must have deserved deletion for some other reason" (there's a name for this sort of argument, used so that you can teach young people not to use it) proves to me that you have no interest in whether it actually was a "good" deletion, as long as your enemy suffers. And to then change topic to a completely different rant about fortified stance where you are again wrong on the facts (to wit: it was pulse that refused to leave fortified, not sanctuary) only encourages me to engage in ad hominem arguments and help you derail the complaint. But I will refrain from going any farther down that avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Does it look like I'm a retard? You know there are minimum NW war requirements, and you needed a friend to help you farm noobs. This was a farm war, kid. Stop playing innocent.
    Getting reasonable wars is easy. But when a sure win comes along for my KD I'm not going to pass on it. Yes it does look like a farm war from my province's perspective, what war wouldn't.

Edit: Oh look, my old username jdorje is posting at the same time. Fuel those conspiracies now.
    Last edited by I_am_Spartacus; 24-01-2012 at 09:50.

jdorje, Cow nap is fine. Cow nap and then going to war isn't. When was the last time that I or any kingdom I've played in has made a cow nap and then went to war with the other kingdom and farmed noobs? We don't have a Cow this age so I suspect that flogger's involvement with Cow naps has absolutely nothing to do with me.

How can you possibly not see this as anything other than an organized farm war?
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon KT View Post
    A prov-based NAP does NOT constitute a fake war.
    A cow NAP does NOT constitute a fake war.
    An agreement made before min-time between kingdoms to ceasefire mid-war after fighting and then have one of them withdraw at min-time does NOT constitute a fake-war.

These are all diplomatic agreements, not fake wars.
    Your interpretation is incorrect. Allow me to provide clarification. We will be actioning any war that is not real.

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    This redefining-the-rules-without-telling-us-and-then-deleting-"cheaters" trend from the developers and mods is really poor for the game.
    See below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    In light of these changes we will now be taking punitive action on Fake Wars.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Ok. So if kd A is nice enough to stop all attacks, lets say 8h before min wartime, because kd B is getting their behind handed to them and kd B wants to do damagecontroll instead - that constitutes as a fakewar?

If I, as a small prov, have an agreement to not attack a friend of mine whos kd we are warring - that makes it a fakewar?

That IS good to know. Dont wanna get deleted.
    Last edited by Legacy; 24-01-2012 at 10:57. Reason: some nub spelling

Yes to both situations. They would be actionable.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Thanks Bishop. :)
    Keep stomping the clear loser until min time even if they want out. At least now we got an excuse for not letting up. XD

Right, continue to war while you are at war. An exciting and new concept I'm sure we can all agree.

Postaholic
    I'm sure we'll all enjoy stomping ghettos to the point where they delete and quit in the future instead of giving them the option to continue to enjoy the game
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

I suggest a kingdom should not enter war unless they are prepared to war.

I am not sure if you are trolling or serious.

Lopsided wars happen all the time. Offering a CF before min. time (not after, where you could just end the war and enjoy the 96h FW/Fortified stance) has always been a part of the game.

Enthusiast
    All the points Ryan is making are generally correct. If you solo cow you add so much nw that majority of kds even 50% of your kd nw would slaughter rest of the provinces in your kd. But since he really wants wars(as he said, every war for him would be a farm war, and there is a crown to win + everyone always wants acres) he(or any other solo cow) has pretty much only 2 ways to go about it.

First one is give button to kd much stronger than you who you know who will declare you, then see your kd getting farmed out and noobs quitting the game, while you 4x tap their biggest prov every 10h, until your opponent realizes you will never WD and does it itself.

2nd option would be the guilty conscious one: you msg kds a lot smaller than you that you believe your kd might even be able to defeat, try to sweet talk them with whatever terms to get the war fixed up, then try to convince your own kd that they want to war and even act nice and aid out a few % of your income at times.Hell you might even start believing yourself that you are a true kd player(this illusion will fade away quickly should you realize your kd is losing, yet pressing WD button asap proves too difficult). Anyways to match up this kind of war is usually easiest against another solo cow kds because NWs would be more likely to match and the opponent would have more interest since there would be mutual benefits.

Overall ghetto cowing is shady business morals wise tho, more often than not what is good for the cow is not for the noobs. On plus side noobs actually have 1 good player in their kd, from who they could actually learn if they can realize it and if the player bothers to teach.

Yet this deletion without warning was unfair.
    Last edited by hint; 24-01-2012 at 13:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    I am not sure if you are trolling or serious.

Lopsided wars happen all the time. Offering a CF before min. time (not after, where you could just end the war and enjoy the 96h FW/Fortified stance) has always been a part of the game.

Account trading used to be part of the game. So did xlogging and fake wars.

Thread Information