Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 province grande mucca deleted

Veteran
    To me it seems like the devs found suspicious behavior, then investigated, found the "let the rest of the kd war and grow freely" agreement, and acted up-on it. Sure the previous everlasting war was wrong as well and it would have been good if that had been ended by some intervention. But two wrongs (not acting in that case and not acting in this case) don't make a right.

And yes, on first sight the whole "I was too big to be attacked so I got deleted" makes this deletion seem beyond ridiculous. But from what i read the deleted prov was deliberately going for the crown while making arrangements with the other kd to not suffer from the war. Isn't that what fake wars are all about?!
    Last edited by Yadda9To5; 24-01-2012 at 19:24.
    http://www.upoopu.com/: an intel repository (or: "pimp alternative") for utopia (read the guide).

+1 for yadda
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

So any cow in a war where he grows freely should get deleted? I think not. Devs have no business choosing someone's war target.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda9To5 View Post
    But from what i read the deleted prov was deliberately going for the crown while making arrangements with the other kd to not suffer from the war. Isn't that what fake wars are all about?!
    I saw nothing stating the other kingdoms couldn't damage the cows.
    Last edited by DHaran; 24-01-2012 at 19:28. Reason: Addition.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    So any cow in a war where he grows freely should get deleted? I think not. Devs have no business choosing someone's war target.
    Not the case at all and not the case in this example.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Why are you discussing irrelevant, extreme examples?
    To see how shallow your opinions are.

That isn't what happened. You know exactly what happened. There's two ways of looking at this:
    We do? You are so naive that you think everything in the forums is everything and thats exactly how it happend? You were born yesterday?

1. grande was working on his own, for his own interest. In this case, Solo play has NEVER been actioned by the devs. If a prov wants to work against his kd, that's his decision.
    Its him protecting himself from the war and any harm from it thats the problem, that is certainly a fake war within the war.

2. grande was working for his kd and decided that this was the best course of action for the war. In this case, I don't have the slightest idea what the problem is. He had a strategy for coordinating the war and pursued it. How is this ANY different than two kds agreeing they won't send a dragon?
    And we wont attack with 24 of our provs in this war is no different from not sending a dragon as well then.

You dont seem to get it, well at least to me it seems that the crucial part in this was the NAP, if there would never existed a NAP there wouldnt been any problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You dont seem to get it, well at least to me it seems that the crucial part in this was the NAP, if there would never existed a NAP there wouldnt been any problem at all.
    Bishop told me they still would have intervened even without the written NAP, but not with immediate deletion. Again, the devs deciding who Ryan can and cannot attack is way out of line.
    S E C R E T S

If I was a bovine player (and this is hypothetical b/c I lack the skill for such a large endeavor), I would go ahead and start asking Dev's for approval prior to initiating deals and such. Could this be a stern example for the benefit of the rest of the Utopian Herd?

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Bishop told me they still would have intervened even without the written NAP, but not with immediate deletion. Again, the devs deciding who Ryan can and cannot attack is way out of line.
    The devs are completely free to decide what constitutes a real war and ask players for clarification. Whyever would you have issue with that?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    We do? You are so naive that you think everything in the forums is everything and thats exactly how it happend? You were born yesterday?
    Nope, wasn't born yesterday. But I'm only going to discuss with the information I do have. If there's something more that makes my points totally irreverent, that's fine. I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

Its him protecting himself from the war and any harm from it thats the problem, that is certainly a fake war within the war.
    The NAP was only between him and the other cow. There were others who could still harm him. He could have still contributed to the war effort.

And we wont attack with 24 of our provs in this war is no different from not sending a dragon as well then.
    It's very much different as your motives are now in question. Why should their two kds suffer from not being allowed to war just because the two cows want to avoid being hit. Afaik, they weren't using the war for war protection. They weren't abusing anything. They just had a simple agreement between the two obvious exceptions.

I'm all for cracking down on fake wars and stopping game abuse, but I'm not for harming diplomacy in the game and cracking down on deal making.

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...a-Grande-Mucca

A sad day for utopia. Moderated and killed. Why cant the majority voice its oppinion and show support?
    Last edited by Anri; 24-01-2012 at 19:54. Reason: errr
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    There is already a place to discuss this Anri, and it's this thread.

there is not a place to vote if it was right or wrong to do it ;-)

Someone should make a poll. Just would be fun to get some statistics what the players feel about this.
    Id say at least 8/10 think it was wrong to delete Grande Mucca.

Last edited by Anri; 24-01-2012 at 19:59.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Nope, wasn't born yesterday. But I'm only going to discuss with the information I do have. If there's something more that makes my points totally irreverent, that's fine. I have no problem admitting I was wrong
    But you said and i quote "You know exactly what happened." I dont, you dont so why are you suddenly changing your story bro? We dont know exactly what happend since we just have parts of the story.

The NAP was only between him and the other cow. There were others who could still harm him. He could have still contributed to the war effort.
    If a 5 year old kid throws some small stones at you do you get hurt for reals?

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...a-Grande-Mucca

A sad day for utopia. Moderated and killed. Why cant the majority voice its oppinion and show support?
    Campaigns like you posted will not be allowed.

Thread Information