Thread: Orc/ Cleric

Orc/ Cleric

Hi guys me and my kd have decided to go Orc/cleric for our attackers next age, im trying to figure a good warring strat and this is what i have.

10% homes - extra pop and mainly birthrate
    10% farms
    15% banks
    15% TG?s
    15% Barracks
    10% Guard stations
    5% guilds
    5% towers
    10% watch towers

What do u guys think? i didnt put hospitals because of the 0 losses on offensive attacks, do u guys think the watch towers are a waste if we maintain 1.5 to 2 tpa? If u guys suggest a different strat plz post it. Thanks

just so u know there isnt full activity in the kd, i recently became monarch and im working towards that. Still a ghetto i would say.

10% farms is too high if you have even a few BPA in food as well as FL cast. I currently run 8% myself. Also, I've found that 11-12% rax are more than enough to allow for 2/day in war, and the banks look a little higher than I like during war, but meh.

1.5-2 TPA basically requires WTs to help protect against thieves. Hospitals should be run, at least a few, imo, for defensive losses, and be careful fighting UD with only 5% guilds. NB can be fickle. Cure in 1 cast or cure in 28. 5% guilds will have some trouble with that.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

so more guilds or towers? what would u take out and put into hospitals? and also would u go for GS or Forts? can u post the strat u would recommend.

GS>Forts
    I've not given it much thought, but maybe 7% hospitals and 8-10% guilds. Peraonally, I'd take 5% from banks, 3-4% from rax, and 2% from farms. And I'd also advise against rebuilding the homes in war. It'd be better for you to move them elsewhere as your acres come in.

I'm pushing through a migraine, so I'm trying to avoid thinking ;)

lol ok, would u or any of u guys recomend homes at all during war? i mean the + birthrate is really good isnt it?

I start war with about 10%, but I phase them out as acres come in. I use them as a BE boost heading into war, so I don't ever rebuild them at all during war since my BE is going to go up due to troop losses/land gains increasing my peasant numbers. Others use homes to increase BE, but swap them immediately before heading to war so as to keep the BE boost (until it fades out) and to get the bonuses from other buildings from the start of war.

The BR thing is just a bonus for me, but a race like Avian the past few ages almost require some sort of BR boost, and homes certainly did help when I played them.

i see

Post Fiend
    Homes help when you growing in war imo.

Regular
    just make all training grounds and make a massive army, the t/m are powerless to stop you along ith everyone else....welcome to orctopia!

If you have 10% going into war, you won't need to build any more imo. Most of the time as an orc in war you will either get fbed or chained, and in both of these cases homes seem to lose value. I'd suggest cutting banks to 5-0%, and increasing guilds to 8-10%, gs to 15-20%. That said, I'm a believer in doing what you need to. For example, if you are constantly running out of runes and can't get aid, up your towers. Don't just stick with 5% because some guy in the forums told you to (although it works for many).

Post Fiend
    def need 10% guilds. if fighting ud's id up towers to like 6-8% for extra NB's you'll inevitably be casting. too many banks. get 1.5% dungeons. i like 10-15% wt's then u only need 1 tpa.

Regular
    Apart from the ones already suggested, I would suggest running 8% TG and 7% Stables instead of 15% TG. When you get barren acres, stop building stables and build more TGs.

As an orc/cleric you're bound to get chained a lot so you need more than 12-13% on ur important buildings or they will get useless too fast. Running 5% guilds means you won't be able to cast any selfspells when chained and you really want to be able to cast some selfspells(bloodlust, ...)

When running high off and low def the only thing that will keep you alive is your attackspeed/offense/gs. So those 3 will be your main buildings in war. This age our orc/clerics ran something like this.

8% farms
    15% banks
    15% rax
    15% gs
    20% tg's
    12% guilds
    5% towers
    10% wt's

btw between wars you want to keep your armies out to plunder/learn or your orcs will get weaker the longer the age takes. Moreover run atleast 2.5 raw tpa and preferable 3 or tm's will tear your orcs apart even when running 10% wt's. :)

Thread Information