Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 88 homeless in Norway's biggest city. US: 1 out of 200

soldiers that fought in wars are all guilty of murder?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    soldiers that fought in wars are all guilty of murder?

Please let that debate go, he's already been trolling about that in another thread. Fools like him are the reason why I think not everyone should be allowed to vote.
    ABS vs Rangers

Only the ones that killed are guilty. Obviously the soldiers that go over there and kill nobody should be welcomed back into society with open arms.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

back on topic thanks octo.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veterans like myself make up a significant percentage of the homeless population. This is essential to the topic.
    <--
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    The sad thing is that the people who pretend to care about the homeless just want to pat themselves on the back and tell themselves they're awesome for being so "caring"... and once out of sight and out of mind, there's a high chance that those same progressive sorts think and say to their friends the same thing the republican goons say openly. (The fact that the republican goons say it out in the open and without a shred of a second thought speaks volumes of them, but that should be self-evident to anyone who has heard them and seen for what it is with the same amount of prejudice.)

I don't look at the homeless with pity. The thought of me being in their place has occured to me seriously.
    Anyone who has dealt with the welfare system in the US directly will quickly learn what it's really about... but that goes far off the topic and I don't want to make myself angry or say something I'll regret.

Being homeless is @#$@

I used to sleep in a 'nest' in bushland, also i spent about a month sleeping on the verandah of a holiday house. It is awful, particularly at dawn and dusk. Waking up totally alone in bushland (when you are not camping) is a horrible feeling, as it is when the sun is setting and you know perfectly well that the vast majority of the world is nice, warm and cosy, inside their houses eating meals with friends and family.

I look at the homeless with pity as i have experienced it.

It bothers me that although we have the knowledge and resources to build houses, we won't do so unless there is a buck in it to be earnt. It would be wonderful if the governments of the world could just build houses so people have a place to live, build houses for those who need them. The idea isn't practical, yet if it could somehow be done i think it would be a brilliant and muchly appreciated thing.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 26-01-2012 at 09:59. Reason: i spelt government with a 'b' lol
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    It bothers me that although we have the knowledge and resources to build houses, we won't do so unless there is a buck in it to be earnt. It would be wonderful if the gobernments of the world could just build houses to people have a place to live, build houses for those who need them. The idea isn't practical, yet if it could somehow be done i think it would be a brilliant and muchly appreciated thing.
    We have as many unfilled houses as we do homeless people. Somehow connections just aren't being made because of this currency medium.

Indeed and it is truly a shame
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    Being homeless is @#$@

I used to sleep in a 'nest' in bushland, also i spent about a month sleeping on the verandah of a holiday house. It is awful, particularly at dawn and dusk. Waking up totally alone in bushland (when you are not camping) is a horrible feeling, as it is when the sun is setting and you know perfectly well that the vast majority of the world is nice, warm and cosy, inside their houses eating meals with friends and family.

I look at the homeless with pity as i have experienced it.

How did you end up as a homeless and how did you get out of it? It's impossible to become homeless in Norway unless you are a junkie and spend all your welfare on drugs(which ofc does happen) and there's no real ghettoes where determinism rules.
    ABS vs Rangers

I became homeless due to family breakdown and depression, i was really isolated from my family and friends and too depressed to maintain a job. I think you would find a lot of the people who are homeless are experiencing personal issues at the same time as not having a place to sleep at night.

To put it bluntly stoffi i just 'went off the tracks' of life, but i am now doing well again. I actually had one of my older brothers 'take me in' and help build up my confidence and joy for life again.

It was a very interesting experience and one that i shall always remember.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    I became homeless due to family breakdown and depression, i was really isolated from my family and friends and too depressed to maintain a job. I think you would find a lot of the people who are homeless are experiencing personal issues at the same time as not having a place to sleep at night.

To put it bluntly stoffi i just 'went off the tracks' of life, but i am now doing well again. I actually had one of my older brothers 'take me in' and help build up my confidence and joy for life again.

It was a very interesting experience and one that i shall always remember.

Good to hear that you got out of it! A society should be able to take care of people who end up in situations like you. Everyone has bad and good times and sometimes the bad times are just too much. But the bad times will always go away as long as you don't go into extreme poverty, where there's few options to get out. People need help from time to time and the government should be there at least with financial support to let you be able to live indoors and have food. Nothing fancy, but no one should be forced to sleep on the street unless they waste all the money they get from welfare on drugs or something like that. But even so, the homeless people in Norway choose to be homeless in more than that they spend welfare money on drugs. Shelters are available to everyone but some junkies choose not to stay there.

Just imagine being homeless in the Northern states of the US, or in Europe(except for southern Europe) where there's very cold winters. No bush to sleep in there, and temperatures can drop to minus 10-30 celcius.
    ABS vs Rangers

Indeed stoffi, cheers for that
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

There are more people of Norwegian ancestry in America than in Norway.
    BOOYAH!

Quote Originally Posted by allonons View Post
    There are more people of Norwegian ancestry in America than in Norway.
    Nope there isnt, there is about 4,5 milion people with norwegian ancestry in US, and about 4,9 milions in Norway.

Thread Information