Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments on age 53 potential changes revision 2

Comments on age 53 potential changes revision 2

Hi guys - comments on the second round of potential changes in here please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    I just want a confirmation that you cant still buy undead elites even when they got back their zero offensive losses.

Forum Addict
    Changes look good.

Looking forward to seeing people's thoughts on what should go into the War Win Chart. I'm sure you guys are alrady working on a good formula, but I would suggest maybe besides having NW and relative NW before war and after, maybe also having your War Win Chart score factor in, in order to promote increasingly tougher wars.

Looks like you guys took a lot of the comments into consideration though.

I like the new round of changes.
    Avian - Looks much better now :)
    Halfling - I like the changes to them as well.
    Orc - Good change
    Dwarves - Not sure how I like an all elite Dwarf with 7/5 :\ Maybe remove QF from them.

P.S. WW Chart = win :D
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Quote Originally Posted by kilava View Post
    I just want a confirmation that you cant still buy undead elites even when they got back their zero offensive losses.
    edit: i misread:/ UD CAN buy elites
    Last edited by Bishop; 25-01-2012 at 19:40.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    thx bishop. The changes looks much better now.

Postaholic
    Well for the fortified stance the plan looks good but 1 suggestion is to make it 24 hrs + 3 days..

It takes 24 hrs to get full fortified effects so once into fortified a max of 3 days sounds fine imo..

Dont know what others have to say about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    confirmed.
    So why do they still have a gc cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzkofarian View Post
    So why do they still have a gc cost?
    Because you can buy them ofc!
    Where does it say UD can't train elites in the revision?
    Last edited by Landro; 25-01-2012 at 16:54.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

The new changes are much better balanced in my opinion. It gives Avian it's unique speed flavor, with ok offense. Orc got it's well needed nerf. Elves are playable as AM now too.
    Though i am still confused about undead. The "Age 53 potential changes rev 2" page says undead CAN train elites with $1200. At the same time Bishop just confirmed here that they CANT still buy undead elites in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

all hail kit.

Post Fiend
    How long will be the period you cant enter Fort again? 24h or longer?

Elves now has 6/3 elites instead of 7/3 but this isn't in bold. Is 6/3 the value proposed for next age?

most looks nice. just a few nitpicks:
    - I'd like to see Dw lose the ability to raze with credits even though people have often asked for this. This is something that helps the top the most and they already have greater benefits from Dw because their provs tend to be larger.
    - I don't like Fae with 8 point def elite. Many, many people in ghettos will pick Fae with as result that wars will become boring and harder to end because the few remaining attackers get extreme amounts of ops against them which will hurt their ability to keep fighting.
    - Change to UD thievery limitations to "can't use NS" because that is the the effect.
    - Shep is still by far the weakest personality

Although the revised change proposal looks a lot better, it's not much of a shake up. Just minor tweaks. I guess it's not as easy to shake things up good and still have some sort of balance. I'm still hoping the Genesis server will be brought back for that purpose but I know the current player base is probably too small for that.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Demon
    Cleric change is so great, balances it nicely. Its still an exceptional personality for warring, but not completely overpowered with all troops funneling right back into the province as soldiers.

orc is strong but not OP
    undead is strong but not OP
    avian is strong but not OP
    halfer is strong but not OP

human is great as usual, i still am having trouble wrapping my head around exactly what the -20% magic effectiveness full involves, mainly cause i get differing responses from people haha. human/sage obviously looks impressive with FoK, but its a cool option, and certainly more of a mid-late age pick and not as strong early warring. balanced and a cool option.

faery is potentially way too overpowered, but they are definetely an important part of the game and many people enjoy playing them so i wont argue for a nerf.... will take skill to grow with them i guess but a good player can still get stacked on defense and science and put out retardedly high DPA, TPA, and WPA... and when honor rises they get broken pretty quick. Still, i have nothing to suggest regarding them.

undeads look balanced.

Bishop, any consideration on the mechanics behind curing plague? making the chance increase with multiple NB casts perhaps?

Strategy Moderator
    I think they are basically balanced. The only tweaks i would make is to elf and give them tree of gold to they can compete with Feary. That is feary still has way more potential as a mage to support the kd as the only race with access to tree of gold.

The only other thing i'd bring up is right now u can change your stance during an end of war CF and the stance comes into effect once your CF is over. Make sure to code it so that fort lasts 3 days after the END of cf not 3 days after u change stance.
    Last edited by Persain; 25-01-2012 at 17:06.

Thread Information