Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I get some advice on making an Elf attacker

Question Can I get some advice on making an Elf attacker

I'd love to hear some input on how a good A/M can be setup for building structure and what not. What personality can be good for making a true attacker and which can be great for more of a hybrid mage.

I was thinking of going Elf Tactician Elf Cleric or Elf Mystic or rogue but I figured trying to add TPA will offset my off.

Post Fiend
    As of the second batch of proposed changes, making an elf A/M is not a good strategic choice for anyone.

If you're forced to play one, though, Sage or Warrior seem to be the only real alternatives.

Wait until we see the final changes before making a decision. Usually elf is the a/m of choice. Dwarf can be good but don't have much of a spell book.

Post Demon
    the key to a succesful elf is: a/M

lowercase "a"

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post

lowercase "a"
    This. Elf isn't cut out for heavy attacking. They don't have the strongest army like Orcs/Undead, they don't have a strong economy like Humans/Dwarves, and they don't have any inherent attacking bonuses like Orc/Avian. They have a space efficient dspec and an okay elite (7/3 is weaker than Dwarf's 7/4 and Human/Avian's 8/3.)

At this point in the age, Mystic is the best pick. There's not enough time in left in the age for Sage to be of use to you. Elf/Mystic is what I'd go with, personally (and I did last age. I also played Cleric (not simultaneously, ofc)), for a/M.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post

lowercase "a"
    yeah I see the points you all make. I'll take it into consideration I wanna make a new province within the hour.

I am an Elf Mystic Attacker Mage, i too shall keep an eye on this thread. I am too noob to offer any advice of my own as i am sill learning myself.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

you press delete and start over.
    The End of an Era

:-)If Elf Lords are going to be 6/3 in age 53 i am not sure what i shall do...
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Question lastly

so in general are elfs good at making attackers or not? As far as Elfs being A/M it seems they make better mages based on the remarks I hear. So what's the real point of Elves then if I wanted to be faery I could do that they don't even have all the spells. I was hoping to make an elf that's a fierce attacker but it seems like your experiences disagree with that. Is that true?

Post Fiend
    There is no real point playing Elf A/M next age, since their attacking abilities are not up to par anymore. Wait and see how the final changes turn out, though. If their military gets improved somehow, they may turn out fine.

Elves have been good A/M's this age. However, as has already been mentioned, the current proposed changes are going to make elf very difficult to attack with. The elite nerf is really brutal. It may be possible to roll elf/warrior as the OME and honor bonuses will compensate somewhat. However, any serious elf A/M is going to have issues with decent nw efficiency. This age, an elf A/M could easily get +90 opa with a solid 4 raw wpa and at least 40 dpa with armies out. I don't believe those numbers will be possible next age unless something changes with final announcement.

Post Demon
    As of Rev2, the only use for an Elf is to mystic and spam MS coverage. Which is a bad use of a province.
    If Rev2 holds up, *do not* try to attack with an Elf. If you must go A/M, use Faery. (Yes, Faery is a better attacker than Elf.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I am going to play Elf Mystic in Age 53.

Elf Lords are weak now. Faeries are better spellcasters than Elves (arguably) and there are much better attacker races than Elves, so i suppose Elf shall now have to be a 'jack of all trades - master of none' race for Age 53. I am noob and still learning anyway so hopefully in Age 54 i shall now how to play Elf properly and their Elites shall be tweaked to 6/6 or 7/3 or some such reasonable number.

Elves shall be hard done by if these latest changes are implimented yet i shall still give them a go as i enjoy the role of Attacker Mage.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 27-01-2012 at 08:13. Reason: damn typos
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Question red mages

elfs definitely sound like they are becoming the new red mages.

Thread Information