Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Avian Tactician

Avian Tactician

Hey,
    In the new age I was wondering whether I should go Avian Tactician, full out attacker.
    I'm a very active player, and with AV/Tact I should be able to hit 3-4 times a day.
    The questions is, how do the attack time bonuses work?
    10% barracks = 13.5% lower attack time.
    Avian race = 30% lower attack time.
    Tactician pers = 15% lower attack time.

So is the total attack time reduced by 58.5% or, is the original attack time first reduced by 30%, the amount left then, then reduced by 15%, and then by 13.5?

Sorry if the question is a bit unclear, but thanks =)

Post Fiend
    0,7 * 0,85 * 0,865 = 0,515 or -48,5% attack time

Ahah maths at work!

:-)
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

They multiply, not add.

So an avian tact in war would be looking at 16*war*tact*avian*rax (<- 10% rax is closer to 12% reduction with BE at 90)

16*.8*.85*.7*.88 = 6.7 hours.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Ahh thank you for the clarification, though I must say, that does seem like a really good attack time.. I'm gonna give Avian Tact a swing if the current changes don't change much more :)

Regular
    goodbye sleep 0_o

Yeah.. suppose I'm gonna have to use my alarm function on my phone more often.. :P

If you get it down to 7.5 hours it's not too difficult to make a schedule where you don't lose much sleep, you just have to start at the right time. 7:00, 14:30, 22:00 isn't that taxing on sleep.

Post Fiend
    avian tactician here with 13% rax i find it good. except when u start massacring. gets a bit quick then. but with trads i hit at 6am, 2pm and 10 pm. and so on. my massacres where under 6hrs i think

Post Fiend
    I think there's a problem of economy. You can do 7 uniques in a min time war and not have many problems, but if the war takes 5 days, you'll be looking at a wreck of a province. And perhaps owner too :D

Quite likely both of those results. So I suppose being avian tactician, you should start at the lower tier of your KDs provinces if possible (smaller than rest), that way you'll probably not be obliterated to much.

On the plus side, a 5 day war would result in first going up a lot in acres, then getting bashed the hell out, but at that point, an Avian tactician could pretty easily feed on the chained targets, 4 times a day, with quad taps.. So me thinks it's pretty strong against deep chaining, simply because you can attack so much. Also, definitely a good idea to run a lot of hospitals I'd say? :P
    ALL the Memes!
    /Forever Alone

Post Fiend
    u compensate for higher elites. i run 12 epa before going into war

Post Fiend
    I don't see why anyone would run avian tact when they could run Cleric or even Warrior instead. Just put a higher barracks % to compensate, you'll get 3 attacks a day easily anyways, and with either of those personalities you'll be a lot more durable and destructive in war.

Post Demon
    because.... enter war high epa as av/tact, more +30% creds for extra pro econ and fast training of those sweet 0/6 d-specs. province looks GREAT after 5 days and the owner is a hero.

Post Fiend
    +30% credits won't help you once you're forced to bottomfeeding because you got too big too quickly. Worst thing to do with avians is hitting them a few times each day so they can stay at the same size all war. In fact, that's the worst thing to do to almost any race. Either let them get big so you can hurt them with t/ms and let them lose troops because of the bottomfeeding penalty...or chain them ;-)

Thread Information