Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is there such a thing as a sane American?

America is a selfish, ignorant, morally bankrupt, monumentally corrupt, degenerative cesspool of insanity. I'm American, so I know. I hope my statement answers your question. :]

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    Your an idiot if you think the majority of the american population is retarded and wants to see children in prison. You should try readin real news instead of basing judgment on loaded search results and isolated incidents.

Are all islamic people terrorists? One of your posts i read sounded a lot like you think so. hmm sounds a lot like that dude who shot all those peoples thinking. Perhaps instead of generalizing millions of people you should worry about yourself. You seem quite messed up and extremly under educated. Although i guess you couldnt afford to go to a good university.... Considering 90 percent of them are in the usa

Well, the majority voted for the laws that put children in prison... If the majority of a nation support idiotic laws and behaviour, I can very much generalise.
    If the majority of a country supports putting women in jails for their entire life, I call them insane. If only the rulers think that's right, I call the rulers insane. (you were talking about muslim countries)

The US has a lot in common with countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia actually. The only difference is that the US fanatics are Christian and the Iran fanatics are muslims. If you look away from that and the rules for women, you pretty much believe in the same things.

Your trolling will come back and smack you in the face actually.

I have a degree in computer management and am soon finished with my MA in English, including a 1year degree in both history and pedagogics, making me a high school teacher. I got a nice CV and have held/hold a long range of student offices(might be the wrong word for it). I also served 1 year in the army.

Btw, some universities in the US are good, yes, but most degrees in the states are worthless as 50-60% of all courses are rewarded with an A or a B. The level is very low and papers/exams which would be given a D in Europe would receive an A or B in the US. This is because everyone wants THEIR university to be the best and there is no real control or critical voices.

And you're talking about "affording to go to a good university" to a Norwegian, supposedly the richest country in the world? ^^

First of all, universities are free in Norway and IF I wanted to go to a university with school money, I would get a scolarship/loan from the government which I would pay back when I am done studying. (about 1300-1600 dollars a month)
    Also, because of the current miserable state of the States, my small income would last me well there.

And as Bishop says, ease down, show some respect and curtesy instead of calling me names.
    ABS vs Rangers

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Agronaut View Post
    not in the millitary anymore

its not as bad as it looks, my typing is horrible and i dont proof read most of it.

its not an educational issue beleave me if i was speaking on voice chat you would be shocked.

if grammer is how you evaluate intelect then you must think albert einstein was a moron.

tell you what lets make a bet, we will both take an online IQ test if i win you have to delete the goodz account and post from now on under jock douche lol. if you win ill change my name to what you want..

There are many reasons for bad spelling, Dyslexia being one of them, and I don't think Goodz is right to come out as strong as he does against you. Not saying you have dyslexia, but there are many reasons for why a person has bad spelling or grammar and one should be careful to harass people about it.

Btw, you seem to value physical power a lot, feeling a need to mention how powerful you are, how big you are, etc. Bragging is not something you want to be doing and especially not in an arena of cognitive skills.
    Btw, I served in the Royal Guard of the King and the Special Forces, I work as chief of security at a bar/club, I build scaffoldings on oil rigs(all part time jobs, I study), I lift weights and I'm also well over 6 feet... Your constant mentions of physical strength leads you nowhere, you just come out as a douche.
    ABS vs Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Btw, you seem to value physical power a lot, feeling a need to mention how powerful you are, how big you are, etc. Bragging is not something you want to be doing and especially not in an arena of cognitive skills.
    Btw, I served in the Royal Guard of the King and the Special Forces, I work as chief of security at a bar/club, I build scaffoldings on oil rigs(all part time jobs, I study), I lift weights and I'm also well over 6 feet... Your constant mentions of physical strength leads you nowhere, you just come out as a douche.
    So ironic it hurts ^_^

It is pretty hard to post anything moderate or level headed in a thread that is so extremely offensive by nature of the name. If it was called something like OMG LOOK AT THIS NEWS I READ and a link to the article people could probably actually discuss the topic. But it is written in such a way to only cause a flame war.
    My life is better then yours.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieFlower View Post
    Actually democracy does not mean "majority rule".
    The founding fathers of the US did not want a majority rule system they actually despised it and said that it was The Tyranny of the Majority. They said that it would be the destruction of any civilization that adopted it.
    At it's core, democracy means power to the people. Ideally, it will achieve just that: Give every individual power over the political decisions that will affect his life... the more direct, the better.

During the period when your founding fathers lived, illiteracy was rampant and people were uneducated overall. The "enlightened" literate, educated person was a rarer and a more valuable commodity.

Now, illiterates are a small minority and the vast majority of the population graduates high school. An impressive percentage also go to college and then university (here anyways, because it's dirt cheap).

Before, giving the population direct control on most issues would have been a complete disaster.

Now, not so much.

And let's not forget that a big heterogeneous group WILL represent the interests of various segments of the populace a lot better than a much smaller more homogeneous group (the primarily older, well off to wealthy, white males political elite that we have now).
    Last edited by Magn; 05-04-2012 at 10:10.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    So ironic it hurts ^_^

It is pretty hard to post anything moderate or level headed in a thread that is so extremely offensive by nature of the name. If it was called something like OMG LOOK AT THIS NEWS I READ and a link to the article people could probably actually discuss the topic. But it is written in such a way to only cause a flame war.
    Yes, it's ironic. I said it to disarm him, as he seems to think everyone typing on these forums are inferior to his physical power, as I wrote below.

This thread is ofc made to provoke and get some reactions, but also a fruitful debate. Too bad so many people feel the need to troll and can't discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    At it's core, democracy means power to the people. Ideally, it will achieve just that: Give every individual power over the political decisions that will affect his life... the more direct, the better.

During the period when your founding fathers lived, illiteracy was rampant and people were uneducated overall. The "enlightened" literate, educated person was a rarer and a more valuable commodity.

Now, illiterates are a small minority and the vast majority of the population graduates high school. An impressive percentage also go to college and then university (here anyways, because it's dirt cheap).

Before, giving the population direct control on most issues would have been a complete disaster.

Now, not so much.

And let's not forget that a big heterogeneous group WILL represent the interests of various segments of the populace a lot better than a much smaller more homogeneous group (the primarily older, well off to wealthy, white males political elite that we have now).
    Giving the population direct control is still a disaster on many issues as most people don't know a lot about much. (not excluding myself)
    And in America, this is more true than in other countries, judging by what they vote for and the laws they pass. Americans are also considered one of the most "ignorant" peoples.
    ABS vs Rangers

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Giving the population direct control is still a disaster on many issues as most people don't know a lot about much. (not excluding myself)
    And in America, this is more true than in other countries, judging by what they vote for and the laws they pass. Americans are also considered one of the most "ignorant" peoples.
    That is why you need to make experts available to the people when they hold direct power.

This is how politicians decide on many issues. They don't know crap about it, but then they have experts giving their opinion and they call a shot.

In this respect, the populace's judgement are not worse than a politician and in many case better, because everyone is represented properly (a white male lawyer in his 50s probably won't make as good a call about what a single mother in her 20s who work as a maid needs then the said person).

Let's face it, many politicians are out of touch, because they don't live our lives. It's not their fault. They'd have to be supra-geniuses to extrapolate enough to fully remove themselves from their lives and put themselves into ours.

A system where so many people are underrepresented is bound to be full of holes and it is.
    Last edited by Magn; 05-04-2012 at 18:17.

Thread Information