Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as a sane American?

Yeah ... you do that
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

It's time to apologize and ask mother england to please take us back.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

No room, come to Australia, we have plenty of spare room. :-)
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

I've been to australia and it's beautiful. You guys run a tight ship. Maybe you could give us some pointers?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Australia is a prison for englands worst criminals... america is an angry rebel...which we are the youngest country by the way... so we still rebels... but if you want to send someone from another country to rule us.. i will bet you everything that there will be hell.. there are enough rednecks and others that carry guns and have enough ammunition to start WWIII.. believe you me... are freedom is what we hold dear.. and there is a time coming real soon when we will as a whole country take back our country from the idiots in Washington that think they can run our great country into the ground...
    To avoid being bottom fead on.... be number one... if you can't do that then just expect it.. and plan for it build more offence... and kick their teeth in...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I love rednecks who don't understand the actual POINT of the second amendment.

Anyway, I'll take a plane ticket to Australia if someone wants to send me one lol

A tight ship? Hmmm. Our most previous Prime Minister Kevin Rudd was caught on film eating his own earwax during a meeting in Parliment, a West Australian politician was caught sniffing a woman's chair after she had just vacated her 'caboose' from it's cushion and we still have Race Based payments while preaching equality at the same time.

This ship ain't so tight :-) But there is plenty of room for others, as well as that there is plenty of room for improvement just as every other country on Earth.

Australia is not a prison. It was founded by Europeans as a Prison Colony but it has been inhabited by Aboriginals for millenia, Australia is the lucky country. There are no major (frequent) earthquakes, (major outbreaks of) diseases, wars, famines, twisters or tsunamis here. We just have bush fires, crocodiles and poisonous creepy crawlies :-)

I don't really see how America is an angry rebel - wouldn't that be North Korea?

The idiots in Washington? Do you mean the goverment of the United States of America? I don't think they are tring to run the country into the ground, although i know very little of North America so i can't truly say. I don't think they are trying to run it into the ground as you say, i am supposing it would be rather difficult to organise, unify and operate a country.

How can people with lots of guns and ammo possibly be a 'good thing' in your opinion? If i was born and raised in America, where in certain states you can just stroll into a shop and order a handgun, shotgun or rifle - i would have definately shot some people during my life, i think societies are better without civilians carrying colt .45's and such as it takes away people's ability to easily kill one another. Let the Defence Force defend and the Army kill - i say, (just my two cents on the 'gun toting' in Killthemall's post) Who seems aptly named by the way.

I am quite certain that China's and Russia's latest fighter bombers, long range missiles and chemical/biological/nuclear weapons don't really care what Joe Bloe American is packing. I doubt WW3 will/would be settled in small arms shoot outs in North America.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 10-02-2012 at 07:22. Reason: damn bloody typos
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Everybody should be like the Netherlands, or if possible, like Sweden. It's really quite relaxxed over here and there =)
    ALL the Memes!
    /Forever Alone

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Militaryman View Post
    Funny stuff.. I haven't seen a american religious zealot blow himself up in a marketplace lately. Or seen a public stoning, or thieves hands cut off.. and american politics are more about swingin the votes then actual action. Sure once in awhile they keep their word, usually not. Just because the pres wants to do something doesnt mean its gonna happen. Ya still got congress etc to get the bill through and all that jazz.. thank god for checks and balances...
    Take away the Sharia and large parts of the US is pretty similar to muslim countries.

Anyways, I'm not saying there aren't a lot of bright and smart Americans. If you go to New York, I wouldn't doubt a second that most people I met would be "normal". But you forget the fact that 40 million people are poor and a lot of people support the crazy Republican candidates who claims God told them this and that and God told USA to invade Iraq.

I'd say the country is split in half. And you can still be a NASA scientist and be a psycho-ignorant fool. The US has some of the brightest minds in the world but also the dumbest average joe, preyed upon by big corps and rich men who form their opinions for them.

Australia is a nice country. ^^ I would only change one thing about Australia and that is the timezone. The sun is up extremely early in the morning and sets when people finished work. Why not move the time so that the sun comes up around 7 and sets in the evening rather than the afternoon. :)
    ABS vs Rangers

Dude i think Australia should be nocturnal during the warm seasons, it is the only logical thing to do when the daytime temperature reaches above 40 degress Celsius quite regularly in Summer. We have tried daylight savings, changing the clocks, down here but it causes too much mayhem and apparently it confuses farmers and their animals.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    Dude i think Australia should be nocturnal during the warm seasons, it is the only logical thing to do when the daytime temperature reaches above 40 degress Celsius quite regularly in Summer. We have tried daylight savings, changing the clocks, down here but it causes too much mayhem and apparently it confuses farmers and their animals.
    I've heard that farmers are opposing it hard, yeah. Farming works fine with normal time zones, so Australia wouldn't be worse off. :) Isn't it horrible to work all day and then it gets dark when you're done, in summertime?

Another thing I've read and heard several places, is that Australia is a relatively racist country. Maybe you can fill me in?

Anyways, put the Germans in charge of the US and the country will be fixed in 2 generations. Attitudes and ignorance are hard to counter and will take some time. Ignorance causes prejudice and hate, which flourishes in the States against for example gays.
    Knowledge and reflection is what you need. As it is now, Americans are considered amongst one of the most ignorant countries in the world, but also with some of the smartest minds.
    ABS vs Rangers

I enjoy stargazing so i prefer night time to day time anyway.

The world is racist, Australia is part of the world so therefore it has racist elements. I don't know too much about it mate sorry.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Is there such a thing as a sane American?

Yes there the sane ones who saved what was left of your grandfathers asses once you were completely over run by the Germans in 7 days you putz....how did that neutrality thing work out for you?Not to good ...how could a country have 9 months to prepare for a known invasion due to your ports and do absolutely nothing about it....I'd rather be insane than occupied praying for others to rescue me!
    BOOYAH!

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by allonons View Post
    Yes there the sane ones who saved what was left of your grandfathers asses once you were completely over run by the Germans in 7 days you putz....how did that neutrality thing work out for you?Not to good ...how could a country have 9 months to prepare for a known invasion due to your ports and do absolutely nothing about it....I'd rather be insane than occupied praying for others to rescue me!
    Norway wasn't neutral. And the Brits considered invading Norway as well....

Before WW2, the Norwegian government destroyed the military and wore broken rifle pins on their shirts. Sadly, the same government ruled after the war as well and they wrote the history. Also, they wanted to cooperate with the Germans, to give in, but the King of Norway REFUSED and forced the government to resist and come with him to England to organise the resistance.

USA back then was a nicer country and Eisenhower said in a speech after he decided to let USA become world police that he dreaded the day when the day a president without his foresight ruled the country. I'd dare say that has happened long ago.

USA had it all, the gratitude of the Western world! But lesser presidents followed and ignorance flourished hand in hand with the concept of USA being the center of the world and nothing else is worth knowing about.

As it is now, Americans are headed off the ignorance-cliff, sadly. Not all ofc, but a large part of the population. That has to do with poverty and religion.
    ABS vs Rangers

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    I enjoy stargazing so i prefer night time to day time anyway.

The world is racist, Australia is part of the world so therefore it has racist elements. I don't know too much about it mate sorry.
    Some countries are more racist than others. For example, Russians really don't like blacks and black football players will be harassed bigtime. I've read the same about Australia, not as bad as Russia ofc(which is pretty extreme). Might be wrong, I haven't seen any examples.
    ABS vs Rangers

Thread Information