Thread: Formula Cap

Formula Cap

I have been reading the forums and I came across the subject of income bonus "cap". As I understood the comment the person stated that income bonus for example the accumulation of bonuses from merchant/human/banks caps out at 100%. I know the building % bonus caps.

Does everything have a cap? and where can I find information regarding them? They have a huge impact when number crunching.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...s_of_Buildings

Unless otherwise specified, these buildings have a maximum effect of 25 times the number listed
    below.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    "I know the building % bonus caps." - OP

He's asking if there is a cap on all the factors combined. Like, say, gains sci has no cap, orc gets +30%, etc... but TM is still capped at 20% your (or their) size.

I've never heard of a income mod cap. I'm fairly sure it doesn't impact science - I once ran a test prov on gen that had +50% pop and I think over +100% income from science alone. (I got it up to +125% gains... which is where I learned of the learn cap. Otherwise positive feedback look would have been hilarious - I take all your sci, which gets me more gains, so I can grow a bit and take all of someone else's sci!)

Given that sci and that I've never heard of said cap, I'd guess the person speaking was just making junk up. Maybe they meant you can't get past that, though that's not true even if you do exclude sci.

Another questions is if all these factors multiply, or add. Since OME does the weird adding to a hidden stat thing instead of real math, I wouldn't be surprised if this does too - I've never thought to check.
    Last edited by Ethan; 30-01-2012 at 17:02.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Last I checked (start of previous age), income bonuses were multiplicative.

Appreciate all the feed back. It is particularly fulfilling, Ethan, when someone clearly understands the question being asked and can effectively articulate a response. Thank you.

Banned
    Yeah you will have people saying there is a cap on such things as science but shows what they know. Buildings have a cap and that's just about it.

Post Demon
    My mind just broke. Ow.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Demon
    DOES warriors OME bonus show up on ur military news or do you have to factor it in urself?

considering warrior for next age but thats a bunch of extra math i would have to do when hitting from phone... (or does the war room calculator include the +10 OME?)

curious, yes its kinda off topic, but its a mechanic question similar to his i guess..

War Room should tell you exactly what you're sending.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Post Fiend
    I actually keep forgetting to check that figure, lucky I didn't fail so far :S

Thread Information