Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Age 53 - Faery T/M

firstly, i agree that it is fairly small. however, i must grow with my kd. but size does not matter because you can pump more by being larger, it is all proportional. and your +2 stealth undoubtedly is nice and helps, but its still only +1 more than i had. There was another faery in my kd, and he was rogue, and although he had more ops done, i still had more successful. and as for the rest of my stats, i will now tell you them. I currently am a marquis (no honor whoring to reach it), i have 11 wpa, 216nwpa, 31 tpa, 127 dpa and 99.7% BE. My wpa is only that low because we war ghettos since i am in a ghetto and they always have that one province that likes to grow to three times everyone elses size. Both the last two wars i took on many massacres because i was both of their only targets.

1. Homes: 78 (6.3%)
    2. Farms: 84 (6.7%)
    3. Banks: 230 (18.5%)
    4. Forts: 158 (12.7%)
    5. Guilds: 252 (20.2%)
    6. Towers: 130 (10.4%)
    7. Thieves' Dens: 162 (13.0%)
    8. Libraries: 151 (12.1%)

I understand that my farms are a little high, but i needed to do it for the war we just got out of. Also, i have 17k leets and 7.3k thieves. I only have 127 dpa due to having an all leet army. I just converted after we got out of war two days ago. Before that it was 120 dpa and 211 nwpa. I figured the extra boost was nice since its end of age. Feel free to comment good or bad, but i wont explain my entire strat until you ask a question because it would just be unnecessary for me to. And in my current strat, i am able to war (since i just came out of war), grow, pump, etc... effectively. Of course i would change it a bit if it was a long term pump or growth spurt.

Post Demon
    You guys are overestimating +1 stealth. Is it good ? sure ... its awesome, but comapring to sage bonuses is silly. wpa and pop bonuses from sage alone more than adequatly trump stealth increase.

Sage owns rogue in everything you can expres with numbers. However rogue brings options to the table ... aw runs, arsoning gs prior to chain, wt's prior to ns runs, taking down ub's who receive too high autofail protection ... these are the things you need to take into account imo. If your KD strat doesnt include pack of rogues (not 1-2) who are suposed to execute this stuff in wars in organized fashion there is no reason whatsoever not to go sage.

Long story short if your not in organized warring KD which is allready planning on running certain number of rogues for very specific purposes, go sage.

btw 75% learn reductiopn will make life a LOT easier for gheto faeries late age.

Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    btw 75% learn reductiopn will make life a LOT easier for gheto faeries late age.
    As an attacker I rub my hands together when I see Fae/Rouges with science, if I can get the intel on them next age I dare say I'll be hunting them for learns, I dare say ppl in 'better' kds will also have simular thoughts at some point and unless your really a TOP kd your never safe... even then you've other top kds to not forget about but admittingly less preditors to worry about.
    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."

Regular
    I say go Faery/Sage, overall stronger.

Citadela01 knows what he is talking about. ^_^
    I could have never posted better myself. x.x

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    meh, ill summarize. if you want the most badass faery prov every, go sage.

if ur kd is going to be warring a lot and you want to maximize ur output, go rogue. hell +50% magic and +50% thievery is a JOKE.

you can break any attacker or hybrid AT WILL all age. might as well hit the +1 stealth for rogue.

if people want to argue otherwise thats fine, im not gonna waste time trying to convince people that faery/rogue is better than faery/sage, ill just run all faery/rogues in my kd next age and prove it.

not to mention early age u might even be able to break other faery/sage if ur rogue. and bomb their wizards down with AW. pce out...
    Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    You guys are overestimating +1 stealth. Is it good ? sure ... its awesome, but comapring to sage bonuses is silly. wpa and pop bonuses from sage alone more than adequatly trump stealth increase.

Sage owns rogue in everything you can expres with numbers. However rogue brings options to the table ... aw runs, arsoning gs prior to chain, wt's prior to ns runs, taking down ub's who receive too high autofail protection ... these are the things you need to take into account imo. If your KD strat doesnt include pack of rogues (not 1-2) who are suposed to execute this stuff in wars in organized fashion there is no reason whatsoever not to go sage.

Long story short if your not in organized warring KD which is allready planning on running certain number of rogues for very specific purposes, go sage.

Ive been running faery rogues for years

I'm going sage .........
    Last edited by UnBan Hurlin; 04-02-2012 at 02:22.

|||| Cthulhu in 2012 ||||
    ::: why choose the lesser evil :::

I went Farey\sage this age. Next age i try Faery\Rogue.
    One of the key changes most seems forget is not the changes on rogue, but those on Sage.

Both effectivness and cost are nerfed with 33% compared to last age (see below).

This age:
    + 30% Science Effectiveness
    - 30% Book Costs
    - 30% Research Time
    - 50% Losses on Learn Attacks
    Every 4 Acres produces 1 Book / Tick

Next age:
    * + 20% Science effectiveness
    * - 20% Book Costs
    * -20% Research Time
    * -75% Losses on Learn Attacks
    * Every 4 Acres of land produces 1 Science Book per Hour

Sage is still a viable option, but i dont think the impact of SCI will be that great, compares to this age.
    Rogue looks like a more offensive option while sage, like always, will be strong the latter half of the age

They'll probably buff faery thievery effectiveness. So the need to pick rogue is even less.. Imo you go either sage or merchant and try to get insane mods. I played faery in a top 20 kd this age as a sage.

At this point in age i run 32 ppa, 160 dpa, 20 mod tpa and 15 mod wpa. If you can pull this off as a rogue, go ahead ...

faery warrior is the best pick purely for +50%effects in honor resulting in less need to pump as much science to get a high TPA/WPA, and once you hit marquis can turn into a viable a/t/m
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

I'm gonna go Sage and see how it goes.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Might switch to Fae this age as a T/M.

I suppose if I land in a Kingdom tomorrow that requires me to be a different Race, I can go destroy and change? Or will it throw me in another kingdom since I was not with them the age before?

Post Fiend
    nah you can switch up your race etc once in the kd within any neg effects other then it resets your province to before you did anything to it.

Regular
    it seems the thread is about T/M faery but all people are discussing is the thievery side.
    Surely that's why sage is stronger as it allows you be a strong thief and mage, whilst rogue only allows a strong thief with some magic ability.
    sage also allows you to run a higher population and build efficentcy which increases your building benefits further (and as mentioned helps you with kd aid and dragon fund/kill)

My choice is sage, 2nd would prob be mystic then rogue as double effectivness of towers and guilds is better than the ay the thief den bonus works now for rogue, Also allows you to repopulate your wpa after getting massacred as you can't buy wizards.

main reasoning behind your choice though is what your kd needs you to be.

I've always read these Forum posts about Faery Sage being better for the stats. When it comes to game play though the Rogue and Mystic still win out, the way I play at least.

I played Faery Mystic last age, the only other Faery in the Kd was a Sage. You could tell just by the ops we ran mine were more effective, I could burn mana all day long and never run out of runes and my WPA was clearly the highest. Ok his NW was higher but in all the ways that matter most, Mystic won the day.

I would say a Rogue would be the best choice. All the Spells and all the Ops. Whatever the strategy a Faery Rogue will be a key player.

Post Fiend
    The title says Faery T/M. There are really only two options mystic or rogue now. Mystic gives 30% longer spells. This helps your MS coverage as a kingdom requiring less mana. Rogue gives you +1 stealth a tick. This allows you to do more thievery ops. As a faery t/m you should have zero problem reaching enough wpa or tpa to do the ops you need. If your kingdom needs you to cover MS mystic is better than sage and rogue is just as effective as sage. If your kingdom needs you to riot or NS. Then again Rogue is better than sage and mystic is just as effective as sage.

Veteran
    everything is viable besides tactican and cleric. Its all depending on your role.

Thread Information