Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best races for Age 53 is Undead/Avian, PERIOD

Best races for Age 53 is Undead/Avian, PERIOD

I hearby declare Avian Tactician and Undead Merchants/Warrior/Tactician to be the best overall race combo ever to exist for attackers.

If you are looking for your kd on which races to play for attackers, choose those two. Avian tacticians because you'll be so fat because of all your super fast attacks (plus you can fly, *joke*). Can you imagine attacking close to 4 times a day in war? HOLY CRAP. Plus the added defensive bonus makes Avian Tactician THE ultimate race to play. Game over for that war.

Undead/Merchants because of the extreme power of it. You'll need a few high off provs to take down the MANY turtling faeries that will pop up next age. Merchants will be necessary to afford the elites.

Don't bother with humans, the sci bonuses aren't that great. Dwarfs are weak, the BE bonus won't make that much of a difference when your pop is kept low from all the avian attacks on you. Orcs are only ok, undeads outshine them in every way.

There you have it. Top kds don't want to share this info with you becaues they are afraid everyone will steal their strategy. Well I just shared it, you're welcome.

Ok, commence the many naysayers trying to discourage you from using this strat so everyone doesn't clone their kd. Just don't listen to them.
    Last edited by Poggo; 31-01-2012 at 23:43.

Post Fiend
    Orcs attacking 3 times a day get higher average gains in a day than Avian tacts attacking 4 times per day, and that's assuming similar army strength (in actuality, orcs have higher army stats).

Post Demon
    orcs still good as fuk bro idk what ur smoking.

undeads are meh.
    avians are good..... but will cause massive burnout. if u dont work/school/sleep then yes avians are the best race.

elves are the best race evaaaa

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You forgot Faery

Post Demon
    me or him?

he said:
    "You'll need a few high off provs to take down the MANY turtling faeries that will pop up next age."

me? didnt feel like acknowledging. warring kds will be empty of hybrids and full of faeries. they buffed them way too hard. its not that you wont be able to break them, its that it wont be beneficial to. thats how it is currently, and they got buffed more. i was expecting a faery nerf for next age..... they dominate wars.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's because Faeries are the most dominate, awesome race that has ever graced Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You forgot Faery
    Read the post again. I said the best attacking races. Faeries don't attack. Orcs aren't nearly as good as Undead, period. The no offensive losses will be huge in war, negating the costly elites.

Plus no farms and plague > greater than orc in every possible way.

"Orcs attacking 3 times a day get higher average gains in a day than Avian tacts attacking 4 times per day,"
    Avians beat orcs despite the higher gains. Avians attacking x4 will generate more land than an orc x2. You saying an orc attacking x3 is big stretch, especially with the lesser effective barracks due to low BE. In addition, orcs will have a harder time getting the land back with the higher def specs of avians.

Avians are just win all around. Can you imagine an avian kd + undeads that sets their alarm? That is one scary war.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Title of this thread:
    Best races for Age 53 is Undead/Avian, PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by Poggo View Post
    ... best overall race combo ever to exist for attackers.

... looking for your kd on which races to play for attackers, choose those two.
    You're a moderator, try to stay on topic.

Tbh, orcs will still get fat in war, all their peasants fbd, or their troops nsd. Undeads will still be getting destroyed by nightstrikes and chains, unless good players run hosps or go cleric. Undeads and orcs networth should either stay the same or fall exponentially quicker than other more durable races while in war imo. Avian i must admit seems pretty solid, i dont think top kds will pick them tho because theyre not that great at whoring (even tho they can dice), but mid war kds that wanna win wars would prolly benefit nicely from avians as a base. The biggest problem i have with the upcoming round will be all the turtlers; youll only be able to break orcs and undeads with their armies home as Avian (another reason why smart top kds will prolly not pick avian) - humans and elves also, but i dont expect to see many big humans or elves next round. Just my thoughts, i may be wrong. Dwarf will prolly win it again tho, but uber boring neways.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 01-02-2012 at 09:16.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm on the topic discussed in your title.

Either way, I'm just joshin ya ;p

This is a bit premature, no?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    hahaha goodluck with your losses is all i can say. dwarf is far better attacker in the game especially with the BE bonus

Post Demon
    And another poster looks foolish for failing to notice the halfling. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother pointing it out. Halfer + faery is best setup for skilled warring kingdom. A few UD might be acceptable for plague setting if you run deep chains.

Avian does look best if you aren't good enough to play halfer. 1 on 1 it can even win cause of the fast attack, but the A/T or A/t effect passes a tipping point at the kingdom level eventually and the +1 steal wins the day. Hybrid without military loss = better than straight attacker.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Ethan, personality for Halfer in your opinion? I'm torn between Sage and Warrior at the moment...

Also, the only reason to run Avian over Orc would be Clearsight.

Thread Information