Thread: Best Halfling combo for A/T?

Regular

Best Halfling combo for A/T?

I was thinking going Halfling/Warrior... I figure the +10% OME during war would be awesome and the -15% losses would also help out... Not to mention the +50% honor bonus from all of that thieving.....

What would you guys say is the best combo for Halfer when wanting to play A/T?

( I haven't played Halfling in a LONG time )

Post Demon
    My post from another thread, in response to the question halfer personality, sage or warrior?

Those are my top 2 picks as well. If your kingdom is good, and grows, warrior makes the honor you could rack up better, while the growth hurts sage. If your kingdom ends around 4-5kkNW like mine, 'tis really hard to dispute sage, especially for A/T roles where the mTPA target is higher.

Sage took a top line nerf by losing some of the sci effect, but the 75% protection is really nice. Even with schools, and sage, I take learns, so... making that not worth while is good. Against warrior is that honor isn't that easy to come by as a thief. But the OME is nice, and the reduced losses make 10% hospitals perfectly reasonable.

Rogue is still a good choice, but that is more an a/T role. +66% NS damage, and still +25% AW damage compared to a faery rogue - but faery is so good at T/M I'd expect most kingdoms to avoid T or M heavy hybrids. (Or any mage hybrid at all, since Faery can't attack well and Elf is plain stupid.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Demon
    Warrior over sage... if you wanted to play as a sage, you're better off with a race with an economy bonus and better mlitary. Dwarf and Human fit nicely, and both can do what you want your halfling to do but better.
    Rogue might work, but it's a very specialized role that probably isn't necessary. About the only thing in its favor is that it has the possibility to attack, while faeries will never be competent offensively.
    Regardless of personality, the halfling is liable to be trashed the moment he sends his army out, unless he's hitting down considerably or attacking an already-weakened opponent - the weakening that other races are able to inflict better due to having non-crappy armies.
    Aside from Warrior, rogue, and sage, none of the other personalities synchronize with the race's advantages at all, in a way that another race cannot do much better.

Post Fiend
    +66% NS damage
    Weird that there's no mention of the enhanced NS (+50% damage) in the guide. I always assumed Rogues have it since they used to back when I played, but can someone confirm it? And in case it is, why isn't it in the guide?

Post Demon
    Maybe it was changed over many ages that I didn't play, but for the past 6 years at least rogues' NS is no different from anyone else's.

Post Fiend
    I think the extra stealth was meant here...assuming maximum damage done per op. Halfling rogue has 67% more stealth than non-halfling non-rogue. And 25% more stealth than all other options.

Regular
    Would you guys choose Sage over Rogue? The way I see it is sage= better economy, more population science= more troops for both Opa and Dpa.. Rogue= more stealth/tick, more honor, of course double effective thieve dens.....

What do you guys think?

Post Fiend
    I think that if you want to play A/T you should choose human since their elites got a higher offensive value and is more suitable for the A role while it can still pull off the T. (Human/Sage A/T)

Halflings gets a stronger T than humans but at the expense of their offensive capabilities. I personally think that you should focus on a race strength and therefor I think rogue is the best choice for halflings. With 500 BPA and decent honor you can still get 80+ mod OPA with 45 mod DPA at home. It more of a a/T combo but with some science you can still attack fairly well. A problem is that since the elites got such a low offensive value you need to send out alot of elites and hence your losses will be higher compared to say humans 8/3 elite.
    Last edited by kilava; 02-02-2012 at 15:36.

merchant or sage
    The End of an Era

Thread Information