Thread: Dwarf Attacker - Age 53

Dwarf Attacker - Age 53

I am thinking of perhaps playing Dwarf Cleric in Age 53, i have had zero experience with Dwarves and i will appreciate honest and helpful advice as well as building strategies.

Who else shall be playing Dwarf in Age 53?

Is Warrior or Cleric better for a Dwarf Attacker? Why?

What would be a good building strategy and military build for a Dwarf Attacker?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

I am also thinking dwarf, but the personality i would choose is sage. You'll not be as good an attacker to start off, since the other pers bonuses of tactician, warrior, cleric are better than your sage bonus early on. After a few science pumps tho, you will be a monster HA with decent magic ability and enough thievery to get the intel you need and to steal from other HA. Also you'll be able to use farm science to free up more acres for HA buildings like TGs, racks, stables, dungeons etc. If you don't want to wait to become a powerhouse I'd choose tactician. The decreased attack and training times will really help during war, and getting more spec and building creds is always nice (even tho you can build for free those creds will let you change builds for free as well). Here's a quickly thrown together OOP build for dwarf/sage i will be running:
    10% homes
    10% farms
    15% racks
    20% arms
    15% guilds
    7% towers
    8% stables
    5% dungeons
    10% banks
    After you have a decent army switch the arms for 10% TGs and throw 5% into guilds to get your wpa up. The other 5% can go into more TGs for even more offense, racks for a bit better attacking times, or banks if you want a bit more spending cash if you're growing quickly. I'm probably going to keep my homes until i have a bunch of pop science. With that increased BE i may find that i'll switch them for something else, but that will tell with time.

Dwarf is dull. It's an okey race with good benefits, but it is boring to play imo.
    This age, people will chose it to be able to turtle and that is just even more dull...

I agree with maxin, it's pretty boring, unless for very rare situations. Staying on topic though, sage would probably fit best with dwarf. To have the most fun playing dwarf, try to stay the biggest prov in your kd, that will at least make it somewhat exciting in war i suppose.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Kuhan is correct. The Sage personality fits Dwarf well. All the benefits in science gives Dwarf the boost it needs.
    Last edited by Maxin; 02-02-2012 at 08:37. Reason: Dull

Banned
    For this next age warrior will be better in war because of the 10%OME it gets in war time. Cleric all around good, in war or out of war. Either way you go they are both good picks for the Dwarf.

Post Demon
    Tactician is the way I'd go for a dwarf heavy attacker, given their economy they're well suited to benefit from fast attacks, made even faster with quick feet - almost as fast as avian non-tactician's base.
    Warrior and Cleric are the same general concept, except that warriors are weighted towards offense and clerics towards troop losses. Of the two I'd take warrior, as dwarves already have better hospitals and a good economy.
    With sage, if your science isn't significantly better than a human sage at the same size, you're doing it wrong. If you're staying small as a dwarf, you're really doing it wrong.

Really though, aside from the obvious bad choices Dwarves can play with a wide range of personalities and make them work, in some way.

Hmm... i am in two minds about whether Avian would be better attacker than Dwarf. Cheers for the feedback.

I guess it comes down to Dwarves have better Elites but Avians have faster attack times.

Wow vines, that advice actually seems credible :-)
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Veteran
    Wow Dwarf got hit pretty hard with the elite offense. That seemed unnecessary to me...

Yes i shan't be a Dwarf Attacker in Age 53, that is for certain. Avian or bust i reckon.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Thread Information