Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 53 new features

Age 53 new features

Hi guys - this thread is to collect comments on the new features for age 53 outlined here
    Last edited by Bishop; 03-02-2012 at 11:54. Reason: added link
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Sir Postalot
    either im drunker than i thought, or those pictures are really blurry....
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Sir Postalot
    wait, nvm... they're clear now....
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

The first thing that leaped out at me was that his orc rogue failed his attack and has 0 barracks :/

I quite like the new look and its great to see this done, as i know its a major step to move the game forward. I eagerly await a worksafe CSS.

The new layout looks cool, however are there any changes to the ingame chat function? It would be nice to have the history go back a bit farther and maybe have the colour scheme changed. Green on black is hard on the eyes

I love that 'free vpn' ad :D
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Enthusiast
    my only question is does it have an impact on formatters and if so, is that a good change for the game - itll make it more innaccessible to newer players untill they are updated, and top kds ofc will have thier own tools updated before the smaller kds do and thus create an even bigger gap in organisation... just a thought
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Quote Originally Posted by skraz View Post
    my only question is does it have an impact on formatters and if so, is that a good change for the game - itll make it more innaccessible to newer players untill they are updated, and top kds ofc will have thier own tools updated before the smaller kds do and thus create an even bigger gap in organisation... just a thought
    We sent previews of this out last week

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    Seems nice!

I also hope the chat get boosted. Would be so nice to have that pimped, so we can use it properly!

Grtz

Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    wait, nvm... they're clear now....
    Blurry on FF. Clear on IE.
    Like the fonts.
    Looks real good. The resources don't jump out though. Grey on grey (silver/silver).
    Game logo needs some work imo. The colorscheme is awsome, but the weapon edges could be bulkier and maybe a neater font for UTOPIA (optically it's making a ~ movement).
    Missing the monarch message space, but i guess we can keep it at design commentary.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 03-02-2012 at 13:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrakar View Post
    Seems nice!

I also hope the chat get boosted. Would be so nice to have that pimped, so we can use it properly!

Grtz
    As of now the chat is unchanged, but we definitely want to add a ton more features to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Blurry on FF. Clear on IE.
    Let it load.

Enthusiast
    For example, if you activate sitting for 3 days, sitting will start immediately and elapse 72 hours later.
    What if I don't know yet how many days I will be away? In most cases when I've needed sitting I've not known when I'll be back. Only time I was sat this age, i expected to be away 5-7 days, yet it turned out to be about 12.

I haven't seen the implementation yet but i'm almost 100% sure you can cancel sitting early (assuming 3 days have passed) - so just err on the side of caution.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I haven't seen the implementation yet but i'm almost 100% sure you can cancel sitting early (assuming 3 days have passed) - so just err on the side of caution.
    You misunderstood me a bit. Not canceling it early, but extending it. There would be a definite need for a feature that allows the sitter to extend that time period. People can get sick, have emergencies or just work where you can't predict when you can come back, both early or late.

Thread Information