Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth

Earth

Do people here think that the peoples of Earth could be unified?

Can the seperate countries, governments and cultures of Earth ever form into one 'team'? Shall we ever have an Earth Flag? Shall we ever just call ourselves Earthlings instead of Chinese, Arabian, Mexican etc?

What would it take to acheive this do you think? Is it even possible? If so, how probable is it?

If countries are able to be run by governments, with one leader at a time, would it not also work for the world as a whole?

Can the Earth and Human society ever unify? Would the world be able to operate in this manner? Why? Why not?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Races will mix further till there's just one gen pool. Cultures and economies will blend. Borders become irrelevant.
    I hope we'll still have unique cultures with some sort of representatives though, if it happens.
    I don't like too much uniformity. I think that hurts creativity.

So you think a unified humanity is inevitable? I hope so.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    In x thousand years, Earth will be as one against all the aliens, unless we've exterminated ourselves. It's the way of it all, it's inevitable.
    ABS vs Rangers

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Races will mix further till there's just one gen pool. Cultures and economies will blend. Borders become irrelevant.
    People are ignorant. If they want to hate on people (and they do), they'll find something to discriminate for. Hair color, Eye color, hobbies, ect.

That said, I don't really care much for boarders or governments or whatever changing. If everyone could just get along and except pointless differences, that would be ideal.

I feel racism is the main cause of the hindrance of unity. We still need to have a more mature mind to be able to get a one world govt!!

Indeed it was such a 'major thing' to have an American President whose skin is of a dark shade ... humanity has a looooong way to go before we can ever be as one.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Demon
    That is bound never to happen, part of beeing unified means you have a common history, a common culture and define yourself as part of a group.
    Sadly it is easier to define oneself against someone else than defining oneself as a part of a positive unity, hence for this to happen there need always to be someone you can define yourself against.

Constructions such as the modern countries Germany, and Italy, formed from tiny city states might be stable unifications because they apply to those conditions, constructions such as the European Union have no such legitimacy and are ultimatively bound to blow themself to pieces just like their predesessors the Roman Empire, the Soviet union and any other historical empire, it is just a matter of when and how.

Humans have a common history and culture - Homo sapiens sapiens.

I understand what you are saying though.

I like to think that it is possible, although it seems unlikely.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    People are ignorant. If they want to hate on people (and they do), they'll find something to discriminate for. Hair color, Eye color, hobbies, ect.
    And yet we are genetically pre-dispositined to seek out partners that will provide new genes.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I like to think that eventually the human species shall unify and see that we are all on the same team, although i have my doubts that it shall ever come to be
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

we will destroy our selves and cause an apocalypse well before we somehow some day intergrate or what ever.the blending of races and governments will not happen. for it to happen technology will grow giving the means to some nut job to pull the trigger on a world changing event.

dont think so look out the window

Post Demon
    What will likely result is that there will be a dissolution of formal national governments, and an official supreme world government established, but it will be established in opposition to the "threat" of an angry, uneducated mob who are shut out of any meaningful role. If it went the other way around, I would be surprised, but even that is more plausible than humanity uniting because of a common heritage, when considering that most of the world's leaders are more interested in keeping their own people under control than waging war for territory or survival.

From the day mankind first soared into the heavens to look upon the whole of the Earth in a single glance, we should have realized that this little piece of stellar driftwood is far too small to be spending so much time and effort fighting over.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Get rid of religion & the blue eyed scum and it might work ...... Unless the greenies get upity ........ Might have to get rid of them as well just to be safe
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thread Information