Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Earth

odd ... wait till the space people come and join =)

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

lol

space people show and start some stuff then we will have someone else to mess with.problems with religion,race,and things like that will be the passed.

unless E.T comes here talking trash i woulnt plan on it

Veteran
    i do not fall into conformity i think its stupid, be unified as a human would be cool, but if i had to exert my god given rights and my individuality then i would say with all due repsect "f#4k yo^"

Post Demon
    E.T. is most likely to be a Starfish Alien

Perhaps if a huge portion of the population dies our post apocalyptic society's will band together to survive. Then once survival is insured we can get right back to battling for power amongst ourselves :D
    My life is better then yours.

Post Demon
    You might get unity if you decentralize most powers.

People in different regions will hold different viewpoints, because of geography alone if nothing else.

In Canada for example, the province of Alberta is the most right-wing province while Quebec is the most left-wing.

We hold such differing viewpoints that I think the only way to keep both province satisfied is to decentralize most powers from the federal to the provincial.

I think the most important thing is not to have 1 government, it's to have enough prosperity that nobody will feel a strong need to fight for resources.

That and harmonize religious beliefs so that there is less inter-religion bigotry.

Personally, I find philosophy to be a good substitute for religion (I can't dedicate my life to a god, but I can dedicate my life to ideals such as fairness), but it's not for everyone and we need to figure out something for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    What will likely result is that there will be a dissolution of formal national governments, and an official supreme world government established, but it will be established in opposition to the "threat" of an angry, uneducated mob who are shut out of any meaningful role. If it went the other way around, I would be surprised, but even that is more plausible than humanity uniting because of a common heritage, when considering that most of the world's leaders are more interested in keeping their own people under control than waging war for territory or survival.
    This is pretty spot-on. People around the World have been indoctrinated so heavily that unchecked technological progression is now an accepted way of life. It's this attitude that has eliminated most humans from the labor equation at a time of exponential population growth. People were led to believe that machines and technology would make life easier, and to a point it does.. if you're wealthy enough to stay at the top of the sinking boat. The media played a large part in leading people away from virtue and straight to vice and consequently mass-debt. The whole World is being made a debt-slave and most of the people are OK with it because they are way too distracted with celebrities, sports, fashion, materialism, etc. They concern themselves with things that don't matter at all, wonder why their lives become increasingly complicated without doing any critical thinking, start to cry and then go back to watching American Idol. Most people are completely devoid of morals, values, love and compassion. Couple this with globalization's displacement of ethnic bases and you have a sort of controlled chaos. Divide and conquer is the name of the game. So many different people in so many areas mean nobody really cares about the country they're now living in because it's not their country.. they're there to make money.

Eventually, people will be so destitute that they'll begin resisting, rioting, rebelling and most likely be deemed 'terrorists' that need to be put down. Thing is, the whole World is in a designed debt crisis to speed up the process and make a uniform transition. The global elitist system is meant to squeeze and squeeze and never let up. People think technology is their friend and never question what ulterior motives are tied to all of this technological progression and what the consequences of those motives will be.

Globalization is essentially global domination under the guise of tolerance and unity. More can be accomplished by deceiving the people into slavery than by forcing them with an iron-fist. The media distractions keep people in a state of blissful ignorance while the cage builds and suffocates those around them... The outlook is bleak yet hope remains. The elite are punch-drunk with hubris and up to their ears in vanity, and what's more is that they're proud of it. Pride comes before the fall. Thing is, hopefully that fall doesn't snuff out the entire World with a nuclear holocaust... Hope remains.
    Last edited by painethomas; 29-03-2012 at 21:46.

I believe religion over race will be the most dividing factor, I don't know about other areas, but in the midwest racism is slowly dying down with different generations. You always have haters though.

We need to eradicate the concept of money if we're gona start me thinks.

For those who know what the Zeitgeist movement is about, you know what i'm talking about.
    It's a beautiful glass, nevermind half full or empty

Competition of limited resources... Until that problem is solved I don't see one big happy family forming anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    You might get unity if you decentralize most powers.

People in different regions will hold different viewpoints, because of geography alone if nothing else.

In Canada for example, the province of Alberta is the most right-wing province while Quebec is the most left-wing.

We hold such differing viewpoints that I think the only way to keep both province satisfied is to decentralize most powers from the federal to the provincial.

I think the most important thing is not to have 1 government, it's to have enough prosperity that nobody will feel a strong need to fight for resources.

That and harmonize religious beliefs so that there is less inter-religion bigotry.

Personally, I find philosophy to be a good substitute for religion (I can't dedicate my life to a god, but I can dedicate my life to ideals such as fairness), but it's not for everyone and we need to figure out something for everyone.
    Alberta and BC should just stop funding Quebec. I hate that place for wasting so much money. Cheapest schools in canada because they are subsidized by other provinces? AND THEY STILL RIOT. Go die quebec. I wish we could separate from you
    My life is better then yours.

The CIA Fact Book has an interesting take on this. It says National governments are losing power to international organizations such as the European Union but also to more regional movements such as in the collapse of the old USSR.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Start with getting rid of religion. Then get rid of the inheritance system. Then make it so that the people in charge are the people most capable of seeing to their people's needs.

Then after some time people will get along peacefully (kinda like Startrek)
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Veteran
    Scorpio86 seems like a true genius :-)
    Last edited by astronomer86; 08-08-2012 at 21:53.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    Do people here think that the peoples of Earth could be unified?

Can the seperate countries, governments and cultures of Earth ever form into one 'team'? Shall we ever have an Earth Flag? Shall we ever just call ourselves Earthlings instead of Chinese, Arabian, Mexican etc?

What would it take to acheive this do you think? Is it even possible? If so, how probable is it?

If countries are able to be run by governments, with one leader at a time, would it not also work for the world as a whole?

Can the Earth and Human society ever unify? Would the world be able to operate in this manner? Why? Why not?

It is my wildest dream that this will come true, to unite all human race. Never had a doubt in my life that it won't happen.

Thread Information