Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    People are ignorant. If they want to hate on people (and they do), they'll find something to discriminate for. Hair color, Eye color, hobbies, ect.

That said, I don't really care much for boarders or governments or whatever changing. If everyone could just get along and except pointless differences, that would be ideal.
    well said...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wingmich23 View Post
    It is my wildest dream that this will come true, to unite all human race. Never had a doubt in my life that it won't happen.
    That is very optomistic. I hope that it occurs also.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

I thought this was gonig to be abuot the old swirve game

Regular
    Holy ****, earth 2025 was fun. I made it to the A game on the tournement a few times. Really unique game. I only play this now b.c earth is dead and gone; replaced by a sham where they let you multi. So the game has become who is king of the cheaters? Isntead of who is a smart warlord and knows how to use missiles.

Forum Fanatic
    My view - No.

Not until we come under threat from another planet MAY we group together.

Many of the responses to this forum topic have been people who actually believe that a One World government is a good thing. This is a massive fallacy. Every Nation State must maintain its independence or all will fall. The process of destruction by unification has begun. The Nations (States) in the U.S.A. became trapped over 200 years ago. Some saw the evil and tried to get out but it is like the Mafia: The only way out is to die. The Civil War ended with nearly a Million Americans dead and the Southern Nations enslaved by the U.S.A. Of course the lie that it was about slavery was used to justify all of this death. But the real reason is of course Greed and Lust for Power. And it has only begun. The people of Europe are starting to learn that the E.U. is Europes version of the U.S.A. and the separate Nations are losing their soveriegnty and distinctive cultures. And this whole idea that a racial blending will result in everyone holding hands and singing Kumbaya is very very ignorant. Humans are inherently designed to compete. You cannot remove this nature of man even in this very thread, those who believe it can be done are competing with others over the issue. And one day you will support a war in order to get other nations to follow this belief you have. You just need the right trigger: religious differences, Right versus Left, Slavery, OMG they have Nukes, genocides, ..... whatever. You will support violence under some circumstance. You would think people on Utopia Forums would all understand this.

Hurlin said, "Get rid of religion & the blue eyed scum and it might work ......"Well Hurlin, guess what, the world is made mostly of brown eyed scum and therfore if the world is screwed-up... perhaps they have a larger share in the reason for it. Remember, only Nations with a large population of Blue-eyed people have ended slavery voluntarily. Other Nations only gave it up to keep Blue-eyed people from jumping on their case. And Many brown-eyed Nations still have slavery anyway. A fact conveniently ignored by people who hate White people and want to use slavery as an excuse to talk crap about them.

Post Fiend
    I really think that you missed the point of this thread Priest.

it is possible but unlikely. several variables would have to occur. first would be the collapse of organized religion. there is far too much history and far too many contradicting beliefs that all organized religions have for them to ever exist in harmony. the idea of god having a chosen people is sickening and laughable. down with all religion, up with science.

next is race. maybe someday in the future races will become irrelevant thanks to such a widespread adaptation of globalization. racist people would have to become such a small minority that they were virtually nonexistent. expecting people to give up their ridiculous prejudices and ignorance is a pretty far out concept. people are inherently stupid and suspicious/afraid of people different than them.

aliens or the eventual evolution of another species to recognizable sentience. humanity will not ever truly be able to unite as one until they have a common threat to their existence/dominance over our small silly rock floating here in space. without some type of alien or creature to kill we will keep killing each other until there is no one left. which in my opinion is the best thing for this planet.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

in my opinion humanity is merely a parasite. parasites selfishly consume and grow until they kill their host. we keep consuming and destroying the planet with no forethought to the future or long term ramification of our actions. earth is our host. god help the universe if we ever break out of this cosmological quarantine and find a way to spread and infect other 'hosts.' it will be the galactic version of the bubonic plague. we will destroy everything and then ourselves. if we cant pull our heads out of our a$$es and turn our relationship into a symbiotic relationship with earth, both us and our planet is eventually screwed.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    Do people here think that the peoples of Earth could be unified?

Can the seperate countries, governments and cultures of Earth ever form into one 'team'? Shall we ever have an Earth Flag? Shall we ever just call ourselves Earthlings instead of Chinese, Arabian, Mexican etc?

What would it take to acheive this do you think? Is it even possible? If so, how probable is it?

If countries are able to be run by governments, with one leader at a time, would it not also work for the world as a whole?

Can the Earth and Human society ever unify? Would the world be able to operate in this manner? Why? Why not?
    World domination and then a few hundred years, that would do the job in the shortest possible time without genocide.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    Do people here think that the peoples of Earth could be unified?

Can the seperate countries, governments and cultures of Earth ever form into one 'team'? Shall we ever have an Earth Flag? Shall we ever just call ourselves Earthlings instead of Chinese, Arabian, Mexican etc?

What would it take to acheive this do you think? Is it even possible? If so, how probable is it?

If countries are able to be run by governments, with one leader at a time, would it not also work for the world as a whole?

Can the Earth and Human society ever unify? Would the world be able to operate in this manner? Why? Why not?
    I doubt it. Remember Earth 2025? I got nuked so many times...wow. Earth 2025 was a swirve game by the creators of Utopia :D

Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Wow! Thanks bish!

Regular
    why worry bout something we cant control?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-fun View Post
    why worry bout something we cant control?
    Because it's anti-fun!
    The premise of unity is futile without love. I'd imagine you probably meant that, but let a 40 something handle this squishy word: Love, and the rest is a given. - But be warned that hope is for the young and I'm glad you have both.

Thread Information