Thread: Elves are back!

Regular

Elves are back!

I know I'll be playing A/M this age with the elf elites being 7/3 now. I just don't know what the best personality choice will be now?

If I could please get some personality suggestions and build strats or explanations to back up the personality suggestion that would be great.

I was thinking maybe Merchant/Sage but I think I need something to boost the military side of the A/M..... Maybe warrior??

Any opinions would be great, just don't troll here.

Keep trolling trolling trolling ...

I was considering Elf for next age until i saw the proposed changes, now that Elf Lords are returned to a state of strength i am still considering the pointy ears for next age, yet i think i shall still lean towards Avians.

I played Elf this Age and this is (roughly) the building strat i used.

6% Farms (it can be done with FL kept on 24/7 and with heavy research into Agricultural Science.
    18% Banks
    16% Armouries
    19% Training Grounds
    26% Guilds
    15% Towers

Personality choice for an Elf A/M? In my noob opinion i think Cleric is always a good choice for an attacking Province, the extra General and diminished troop losses on attack helps your army to stay alive longer. Alternate to that you could choose Mystic and use the spare acres from needing to build less Guilds to increase you OME by turning those Guilds into Training Grounds.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Regular
    Yea I was thinking Cleric and Mystic but still undecided..... Anyone else with any idea's that may work well with Elves?

I was thinking about going warrior for the honor bonus and 10% ome.
    But I'm not really finished with my build strat... might reply later when I got something worked out.

Post Demon
    a/m isn't going to be great when fae is so much better for magic ops. Have fun getting massacred.

Well, elves aren't all that bad, but they have the combination of having no speed boost and not a particularly strong military, and no economic bonus. Playing as Mystic only exacerbates these weaknesses compared to the pure attackers.
    Point is that they're not going to do both roles particularly well, so you have a choice.
    Play a heavy attacker with some nice anti-t/m spells and the potential to unload fireballs on targets with weakened t/m defenses, or
    Play a Mystic, and accept having a much weaker military. You'll probably have to skimp on barracks and suffer from really slow attack times, but doing so frees up land for towers. You will need lots. Llike halfer, this strategy basically relies on being less of a threat than your heavy attacker allies. Any strategy that revolves around sucking more than your kingdom isn't very good, but so long as you're left alone you can make the most of your bonuses.

Outside of war, the only things Elves have is the dspec, which avians do better. The lack of out of war bonuses is very problematic as it's just harder to build up your province, while most other races' bonuses work just as well in war as outside of it and are often better than yours.

I guess they're better than dwarves and halflings, I'll give them that.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    a/m isn't going to be great when fae is so much better for magic ops. Have fun getting massacred.

Well, elves aren't all that bad, but they have the combination of having no speed boost and not a particularly strong military, and no economic bonus. Playing as Mystic only exacerbates these weaknesses compared to the pure attackers.
    Point is that they're not going to do both roles particularly well, so you have a choice.
    Play a heavy attacker with some nice anti-t/m spells and the potential to unload fireballs on targets with weakened t/m defenses, or
    Play a Mystic, and accept having a much weaker military. You'll probably have to skimp on barracks and suffer from really slow attack times, but doing so frees up land for towers. You will need lots. Llike halfer, this strategy basically relies on being less of a threat than your heavy attacker allies. Any strategy that revolves around sucking more than your kingdom isn't very good, but so long as you're left alone you can make the most of your bonuses.

Outside of war, the only things Elves have is the dspec, which avians do better. The lack of out of war bonuses is very problematic as it's just harder to build up your province, while most other races' bonuses work just as well in war as outside of it and are often better than yours.

I guess they're better than dwarves and halflings, I'll give them that.
    well said

Post Demon
    elves are very strong at what they do best ... and atm thats a/m in warring KD specializing in instant spells. For all their drawbacks they still boast solid military and flat out unmatched fb/tornado potential by any other race, 1.66*1.3= 2.158.
    They may not be growers race of choice but for midsize KD aiming at lot of wars elves are excelent pick.

Regular
    i think they will do well especially for honor gaining. the age that just passed all the top honor provinces seem to be only either elf or feary

Post Fiend
    i'm going elf/sage because I just love my science.

I think the cleric was my other option but i just hate being learn-attacked lol

Outside of war, the only things Elves have is the dspec, which avians do better.

Really? They are both 0/6 with the final changes. Elf could have horses, but I played elf this age (not terribly well) and found more Guilds and Towers much more fun to cast nasty spells before attacking for land. So, what makes the Avian spec better?

Post Fiend
    The lack of out of war bonuses is very problematic as it's just harder to build up your province, while most other races' bonuses work just as well in war as outside of it and are often better than yours.

Do not underestimate Elf Lords price of 600gc only

Enthusiast
    Elves have their place just as they always have... But unless you go mystic If your the only elf in your kingdom your gonna have a hard time keeping your wpa in war.. If there is 3-4 other elves playing with you in your kingdom Its not a bad choice...

Enthusiast
    Also non mystic personalities van paradise up acres while using their military to plunder to build all while pumping wizzies at the same time...

Thread Information