Thread: Exodus, the rising * recruits and builds

Regular

Exodus, the rising * recruits and builds

Short and sweet:

- We are IRC mandatory and you can find us in Jesters
    - We still have one spot open for age
    - We are an up and coming, ever improving warring kd.
    - We have a good team spirit and a decend activity level in our closed kd channel (can get extreme at times in war)
    - We are not one the top 15 warring kds on the server yet, but aspire to get to number 1. I'd say we propably rank amongst the 30 best warring kds or so.
    - We do not go for ww ranks, but look for good even wars mostly. Our WW records reflect that 3/6 + 1 (loosing) eoa and 3/5 plus one (winning) eoa.
    - We are an army in/out kd, but expect that to eventually change to wavetime kd in our long term quest for domination.
    - We look for players that manage their provinces well under freedom. We wanna set very few mandatory parts in builds and let the players play
    - We look for attackers that keep armies out and have good genmanagement. Use offence well to have maximum impact and be present before armies return so you know whom you wanna hit (we have targets ofc).
    - We look for TMs that are running consistency in their activity and are verbally active in kd. Playing TM is a tick by tick process to update covers, help aid, fund and slay dragons, do spells and ops on request...
    - We also start to feel in a position to start building up our waiting list. Kd is a very attractive on to play in. The leadership foundation and what is slowly starting to become a kd core is as good as it comes. And the long term potential of kd is really great.
    - We have a preference for mathematic and experienced players, but any active player is welcome. We have had a few players join that never played in an organised kd before but wanted to learn and are now playing just as well as any experienced player after being here for one age. Mathskills, xp and/or activity are the key words we look for
    - All players that join must show respect towards team mates having different opinions at times.

(and yes that was the short version)

The long winded one (who are Exodus):

Kd was started from scratch by Scontan 2 ages ago. He recruited an experienced counsil of leaders to help him out. I was also part of the original kd, which at that time struggled to find a kd name. During our first age we strugled for a kd name using first Narwhal warriors and later The great machine as kd names. The group that Scontan originally gathered was a mixed group. Some where recruited on the pretends that this kd had highest possible ambition levels. Others was recruited as on the pretends that kd was a laid back group that just wanted a few wars, and not expected great things from it's players. To his credit Scontan did get a competative group of players gathered but the team spirit in kd was woefull at times. Even while we where winning our first 2 wars kd saw a greater deal of replacements happening than could be expected. A few sub par performers was booted by Scontan, while others left either bcs they felt kd was socially bad or bcs they thought expectations where to high or to low. After our first war loss of that age the kd went through it's first major exodus and influx of new players. Again players where recruited (to be honest) badly. Some where told we where THE warring kd on server, which ment that good players joining often just left again when kd couldn't live up to that. We did manage to go 3/4 before running in to back to back defeats. Common for both of those where that our monarch Scontan went awol with no word what so ever. After first on he reappeared after second one he did not. One counsil member stepped up and saved kd from going in to the shortest section of utohistory ever. His first order of business was to promote a couple of kds most active players to leadership group and amongst was yours truelly. We finished of age with an almost 3 week long eoa war. Stability for that age was best reflected in this:
    Kd spent 47 invites during age plus recruited 9 new players with free registrations.
    Hence we picked kd name Exodus (shortened from mass exodus) as a self ironical joke. However exodus kind of has a ring, and so is kds long term name.
    -Achievement of the age was done by one player individually who went nr. 1 on individual honor charts.

For the start of our second age (on a personal note) I was named new co-monarch of kd. 2 members from a merger we did with 8 players joining from treehuggers was also added to our leadership group. From start of age our activity was rather good overall, but we did carry a few players that didn't quite live up to expectations. Namely half our TMs had really low activity. during last age we spend 11 invites, 6 of which was on bringing in new replacements and 5 of which was to get people without the right level of consistency in their activity away from TM positions. kd stability have improved a lot because of the recruitment policy that kd have had. We bring in players that are good, but not personalities that get upset about loosing. We lost during the age 3 players that where really good ones, 4 players that we wanted to replace and finally we lost 2 that we wanted rid of anyway to deletion few hours from freeze. Sad part about this was that we lost out on top 10 honor kd finishing 18. The good part is they both held registrations against our wishes and utogods did us a favour. On a playing level age was a slight improvement on first age. Our WW record was 3/5 and we again had an eoa war. This time we finished in position though where only their stubborness held us from getting a ww; guess what go around come around as we finished first age eoa war in disadvantageous position.

for this age we have so far brought in 6 new players. All look like good recruits. Since Scontan left and we had change in leadership (outside of merger) we have brought in 16 new players. 6 are new to kd, a further 8 are still with us and 7 of which are making numbers and have high activity level. Our recruiting has been above lucky since Ravenx and I have been in monarchy together, and that is why I can with confidence call Exodus the rising star in utopia. The one thing that has remained solid in a 2 age old kd with only 5 original members is the core strategical leadership. Only few additions have been made; so who is this core that makes us fight so hard to keep this kd improving dispite the turmoil:

Monarchy:
    Ravenx: Pretty much as experienced as they come. Have played in the best and monarched some of the best warring kds in the game in his over 10 years playing. He's just become a father for the first time but he's there, advicing rest of leadership and playing actively. On a personal note his advice and mentorship have been a big part of my own developement in to one of the best player in the game today.

Me: I challenge anyone on this server to top me for activity, mathematical and natural strategical skills. My activity level is well beyond extreme, and I run this kd organised on a day to day basis. In my only 3 ages of playing utopia I was learning the first age, topped individual honor ranks without whoring for it in my first real age and co-monarched a kd in my 3rd. Last age I had reached the level where I adviced players from beta days on game knowledge issues.

Strategical counsil (original):

Culex: Just another former monarch that is used to good kds. Culex is the guy that help us overthinkers keep it simple and focused and his advice is invaluable. I think he has played since beta version, so no wonder he offers a lot of experience.

Danny: you wanna talk experience they don't come better than Danny. This is a guy who played since beta and monarched multicrowners when server was a lot more competative. Anyone that pulls off quad crowning is propably worth listening to, but a humble and genuine guy that multicrowns for several ages deserves it even more so. Trust me we listen to Danny on strategical issues, cuz he seen it all :)

Leader added:

yRocky: The sunshine story of a rookie coming to an organised kd and ? an age later he has run such high activity, always looked to improve his game knowledge and is now part of leadership. Rock is the most diplomatic people you will ever meet albeit with a sence of homour :) His activity level and growing game knowledge added to his personality makes him a perfect leader on a tactical level.

- Our kd consist mostly of very active players. Most of them have a decend experience level and a few extreme experience level to go with it. The most important part here is that people joining help us to continually improve the ever improving team spirit we got. Morale wins wars, and we'll be looking to win a whole lot of them over the ages. Hopefully we will lose a few as well, or else we have picked them to easy... And remember before applying here: "We are not the best around YET!"
    Last edited by Hill; 03-03-2013 at 13:55.

Veteran
    Someone join this kingdom. Now.
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

News Correspondent
    have you found a publisher yet?

Nice recruitment post.Having KD's history indeed looks nice and appealing which will hopefully attract kind of players you are looking for.Good luck

Regular
    ty all :)

Full now, but sign up now and be amonst the first names on the list, when a new spot opens.

Regular
    We have spot open again.

Regular
    We are mostly looking at attacker(s)

tl dr

yay for kd's named for long dead alliances.

Regular
    we are still looking for good players.

Awesome kd! Just a great group to play with!

Regular
    Go to jesters and ask for yRocky as main guy for recruiting.

Post Fiend

Cool

Amazing detailed post on KD history and background of players as well..Good luck in your quest for utopia greatness :)

Regular
    We need at least 3 players.

Regular
    still looking for one player to play a hybrid... preferbly an experienced player with good activity.

Thread Information