Thread: UD Warrior

UD Warrior

Hi there, completely new to the game and just looking for some advice on builds for UD warrior. The kd I'm in is looking to get into war oop - taking this into account I came up with two builds that might work, chances are both are probably rubbish :p
    Any advice you guys could give me about how to go about it would be useful, I'm trying to soak in as much as I can before age starts :)

Option A

20% Banks
    20% Armouries
    20% Tgs
    13% Forts
    8% Barracks
    7% WTs
    7% Guilds
    5% Towers

Option B

20% Banks
    20% Armouries
    15% Tgs
    8% Forts
    10% Barracks
    10% Guard Stations
    7% WTs
    5% Guilds
    5% Towers

Option B, drop the forts though into wts and guilds.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I am playing Undead Warrior in Age 53 in accordance to what my Kingdom requires from me and my Province, i shall be paying attention to this thread quite closely. As i have never before used Undead i can't offer you any advice of my own except that WT's at only 7% won't really benefit your Province, better to use those acres as Theive's Dens in my noob opinion - with regard to defence against enemy theivery.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Regular
    i would have dropped the arms and used hospt - if you go out for a war as soon as you oop it's seem batter for you to get your off higher while in war from convert and not try to train elites pre war.
    with specs army only the price of the units is low and you can handle it without the armys.

so i would have say option B: drop arms and forts, put them into wt\hospt\guilds

coming oop though he wants to train as many elites as possible, and rely on undeads loss protection - i would grow into hospitals for sure though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharaf View Post
    i would have dropped the arms and used hospt - if you go out for a war as soon as you oop it's seem batter for you to get your off higher while in war from convert and not try to train elites pre war.
    Warring oop is all about who can get their economy of the ground faster, he needs arms(and a few leets if he finds a good prewar plunder) and u are still in the drafting/training phase. If you are truly waring oop and not waiting until 60% draft you shouldn't have time to change your build much from your draft/pump build. Thus
    At wars start
    8% Homes
    30% Banks
    20% Arms
    10% Tgs
    10% Barracks
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    7% stables
    During war as an undead only drafting and training specs so its easy on the economy to begin and you should outpace most other races. (if u have extra gold help out your kd mates and aid it away to help pump up another person)
    AS you get land incoming from attacks i would start to build Hospitals(first), up my TG to 15-20%, build GS & forts if they let u grow with no hits, build 10% WT IF they have high tpa (not all oop kingdoms run a tpa over 3)
    i would NOT build additional arms, additional homes, additional stables, additional banks above 20%

Regular
    If they start fight the moment they oop, each ud elite will cost him 700 gc with 30% lower arms cost and give him 9 point off. With no arms for this price (700 gc) he get 2 specs that give him 10 off points. Since I dont belive he can go full elites 60% draft, the spec way not only will give him more off but his off will grow with each attack as he convert. I will be happy if you guys can tell me how running after elites is batter for oop war-look like im missing something

Edit:unless war by oop mean war after few days oop-then I can see how spec way isnt batter
    Last edited by Sharaf; 09-02-2012 at 15:54.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharaf View Post
    I will be happy if you guys can tell me how running after elites is batter for oop war-look like im missing something

Edit:unless war by oop mean war after few days oop-then I can see how spec way isnt batter
    your edit is one example, another is that u get in 1 plunder before war starts and thus have enough gold to train all solds u currently have.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    your edit is one example, another is that u get in 1 plunder before war starts and thus have enough gold to train all solds u currently have.
    yes, after my edit i took few moment to run the numbers: the armys will get him -21.6% cost, -28.8% draft cost and -28.8% wages cost, i made a calc for 500 acers prov to see how it go. unless they start TM each other the moment they are oop and go to war in min time, you guys are right.

IMO you need to decide what your offense is going to be. If all Elites, drop your Stables and replace them with TG's. If all Off Spec, drop your TG's and focus them into Stables, if you are able to calculate approximate size of your army and the amount of horses needed to produce OOP, you can calculate the exact amount needed so you're ready to send immediately. 1 Horse for each Off Spec is technically a 20% offensive increase, which should be more significant than what your TG's will be able to pull and probably will open up more space for other things. I personally would recommend starting with an Off Spec offence and convert into elites, running mostly stables for your bonus Offense. The extra space that you would hopefully open up could be placed into Towers up to 10%, also can be placed into Barracks, or you can also just run TG's for more Offense, but I would place a little more value into Stables over TG's initially until you have much more elites to take advantage of a % bonus.

Thread Information