Thread: Undead Cleric

Undead Cleric

My queen suggested I go with undead cleric this age as an active attacker. It should seem common sense that the perks (-50% Own casualties when attacking) + (-50% Own casualties when attacking) from the combo would mean than offence doesn't die, since undead lost that perk. However common sense says that this isn't actually the case. From these forums I have learned that the effects multiply not add? Just need some clarification on the result, it seems cleric to be such a waste if it falls short of anything but -100% casualties.

Post Fiend
    its -75% and no its not a waste at 75%

personally id go undead/sage before undead cleric. the increased income will help with the additional 25% as well as make you stronger in every other way.

Thanks for the quick replies. Jo3 would you be able to show the algorithm for the -75% losses.

It's simple multiplication, 50% bonus (i.e. additional effect) of an inital 50% reduction (due to Undead racial bonus) is an additional 25% (0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25), add that to the initial 50% that Undead start with and you get 75% (0.5 + 0.25). I wouldn't call it a waste either since you also get that -50% reduction to defensive losses which Undead doesn't have any casualty loss bonus for. So overall, its a huge impact, in addition it provides more usefulness and reasons for Undead to utilize Hospitals as well if you aren't running Cleric. Economically this is a huge advantage, but I'll still argue for Tactician being more advantageous to heavier attack due to its overall balance, i.e. well rounded or balanced amount of economic and attack bonuses.

Regular
    Cleric is cool. Either Cleric or Warrior. I do not give a rat's ass why people like Tactician.

Post Demon
    undead cleric is amazing this age for real!!!!!!!! NEARLY undying offense like last age, but this age they can train elites as well???!1?!??! they are seriously stacked outta their minds.

the increase is science penalty from -15% to -20% was VERY necessary.

Thread Information