Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halflings - Using Off specs vs Def specs to feed drakes

Regular

Halflings - Using Off specs vs Def specs to feed drakes

As you might know, halflings have an awkward 5/6 defensive elite.

As far as drake killing goes, these leaves us with two options:

A) Having as many d specs as you think you'll need to feed drakes.
    B) Having as many o specs as you think you'll need to feed drakes.

The problem with A is that you will have smaller offense/defense numbers.
    The problem with B is that you will not be able to send specs at the drake when you want (wait until army gets home).

Of course, you'd still have mostly elites in either case.

What is everyone's opinion on this? What do you think would be the best solution?
    Last edited by Age of Ambush; 10-02-2012 at 01:26.

Post Fiend
    Using high amount of elites is going to be nw/A heavy. The difference between all elite army and 7 elites as def and rest off specs is 20nw/A for the same offense and def at home. The problem with that is off course the static defense. I think the best thing to do is 10-12 EPA and the rest off specs.

def vs off specs for dragon killing comes down to how fast your kingdom usually are to kill a dragon. If they do it fast go for def specs so you can help out otherwise off specs.

Dragons eat gold coins, silly.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

No they don't, Dragons hoard gold coins and other treasures, not eat them.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Regular
    Dragons don't explode from eating gold. You have to feed them specs until they explode from over-eating.

Regular
    Oh yeah? Then you could feed them cows instead. Or oliphaunts. I would feed them curried oliphaunt... then they will be thirsty and drink up a stream and then they explode faster.

Regular
    Neither exist in the world of Utopia.

Post Demon
    back OT, you want to have a group of o-specs saved to feed dragon. it keeps ur nw lower, and all you have to do is figure out what amount you plan to allocate for the dragon and keep them home so you can slay as soon as its sent.

/thread

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    back OT, you want to have a group of o-specs saved to feed dragon. it keeps ur nw lower, and all you have to do is figure out what amount you plan to allocate for the dragon and keep them home so you can slay as soon as its sent.

/thread
    Wouldn't it be more useful if they were d specs? What's the point in having o specs you never use?

Post Demon
    o-specs are 4 NW, d-specs are 5 NW

if u are allocating specs simply for dragon killing O-specs are the obvious choice. d-specs are more useful while at home obviously, but i didnt think that was your question. assuming ur in a KD where 100% of players will send their share at the dragon, o-specs are better to have entering the war because they dont inflate ur NW as much.

Regular
    o-specs are 4 NW, d-specs are 5 NW

if u are allocating specs simply for dragon killing O-specs are the obvious choice. d-specs are more useful while at home obviously, but i didnt think that was your question. assuming ur in a KD where 100% of players will send their share at the dragon, o-specs are better to have entering the war because they dont inflate ur NW as much.
    That much nw is trivial for such a small part of your military. D specs would be more useful for defense until you send them at the drake in a case like that.

Keeping o specs at home is simply a waste of space. If you were to use o specs to feed the drake, you would still use them when you attack. But you wouldn't be able to feed them to the drake until your army got home. After that, you would then dip deeper into your elite pool for your attacks.
    Last edited by Age of Ambush; 10-02-2012 at 08:20.

Post Demon
    then u have your answer!!!

all gains in this game are based around NW, whether its land, Honor, or OP success, so i would have to disagree and say that shaving 5k points off your NW
    (5k o-specs vs 5k d-specs) is worth going with the o-specs, especially if you can use them for an attack during the wave before the dragon comes. thats my opinion, but you are right, having higher defense beforehand and then sending your d-specs to the dragon also has advantages.

i personally will be training ZERO d-specs as halfling this age.

Regular
    i personally will be training ZERO d-specs as halfling this age.
    I will be using zero d-specs as halfling if my kingdom has slow dragon kill times. I will be using d-specs if my kingdom is able to rapidly dispatch of drakes (with an hour or two).

Also, when you're at the point where you are sending 5k specs at the drakes, 5k nw will make 0-1 acre of difference as far as gains go. It's really that trivial. I'll take the 25k raw def any day.

Think about what you're saying. If having 5k nw less > having 25k raw def then having elites is out of the question, let alone any d specs.

25k def from elites @ 6 per = 4167 elites = 26.4k nw
    Last edited by Age of Ambush; 10-02-2012 at 08:35.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Age of Ambush View Post
    Neither exist in the world of Utopia.
    You mean the cows or the oliphants or the stream? Or the curry?

Why would you use Def Specs AoA?
    How are they better than Elites?

Or DDodge - why would you NOT use Def Specs, at all?
    Last edited by aremarf; 10-02-2012 at 08:38. Reason: Added question

A.

Why do you call Dragons Drakes? I am not being rude, only inquiring.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Thread Information