Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halflings - Using Off specs vs Def specs to feed drakes

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    A.

Why do you call Dragons Drakes? I am not being rude, only inquiring.
    Habit since they were introduced to the game. Though we called them fluffies for a while.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Age of Ambush View Post
    I will be using zero d-specs as halfling if my kingdom has slow dragon kill times. I will be using d-specs if my kingdom is able to rapidly dispatch of drakes (with an hour or two).

Also, when you're at the point where you are sending 5k specs at the drakes, 5k nw will make 0-1 acre of difference as far as gains go. It's really that trivial. I'll take the 25k raw def any day.

Think about what you're saying. If having 5k nw less > having 25k raw def then having elites is out of the question, let alone any d specs.

25k def from elites @ 6 per = 4167 elites = 26.4k nw
    i have no clue what size you are planning on you or your KD being either. if ur small d-specs win. my example of 5k NW increases with size of course. when ur KD is around 10 million NW ur all sending 12k specs at the dragon and at that point its a 12k NW difference. Minor overall, but i'd rather have the temporary offense going into war and during hostile, and the slightly lower NW.

preference i guess? im gonna assume you already have a solid 50+ dpa with ur elites alone so adding some temporary offense would be my personal choice. i dont like to turtle. i absolutely concede to your point though, and in smaller sized kds/provinces we can both agree that the NW doesnt really matter as much, so its a choice of whether you want short term offense increase or short term defense increase.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    i have no clue what size you are planning on you or your KD being either. if ur small d-specs win. my example of 5k NW increases with size of course. when ur KD is around 10 million NW ur all sending 12k specs at the dragon and at that point its a 12k NW difference. Minor overall, but i'd rather have the temporary offense going into war and during hostile, and the slightly lower NW.

preference i guess? im gonna assume you already have a solid 50+ dpa with ur elites alone so adding some temporary offense would be my personal choice. i dont like to turtle. i absolutely concede to your point though, and in smaller sized kds/provinces we can both agree that the NW doesnt really matter as much, so its a choice of whether you want short term offense increase or short term defense increase.
    No matter what size you are, you are saying that you would not invest 1 nw per 5 def ( off specs vs def specs to keep home for drakes ) even though you are already investing 6.25 nw per 6 def (elites).

I'm not sure what you mean by a short-term offense increase if they are always going to be sitting at home.

Post Demon
    hmmmmm yea as halfling i planned on using elites for defense and o-specs for offense. please feel free to correct me if thats dumb.

i wonder if halflings would be better played as running ONLY SPECS, to take advantage of the +10% population and the great NW values of specs??

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    hmmmmm yea as halfling i planned on using elites for defense and o-specs for offense. please feel free to correct me if thats dumb.

i wonder if halflings would be better played as running ONLY SPECS, to take advantage of the +10% population and the great NW values of specs??
    I think Ethan has probably been thinking through your question. I haven't at all - hoping to take a short-cut by asking on Uto forums :-)

Thread Information